My lap top microphone is not working when I loaded window 7.

Hello,
My lap top microphone is not working when I loaded window 7.
Please let me know how to get this drivers downloaded, if so what type of driver
8 answers Last reply
More about microphone working loaded window
  1. We can't really do that until you tell us the manufacturer and model number of the laptop you have.
  2. Did you run Windows updates? Doing so may get your microphone working. Otherwise, you can check your laptop manufacturer for support. Like The_Prophecy said we can't help much more than this without knowing the manufacturer and model of your laptop. Care to share?

Cheers,
    Cassie
    Microsoft Windows Outreach
  3. The_Prophecy said:
    We can't really do that until you tell us the manufacturer and model number of the laptop you have.

Maybe we need a header in bold print asking people when they need help to supply details of their system and make and model number where possible.
    I know some will still ignore it but it may help, as we seem to be getting quite a few with little or no information.
  4. Start>>Control Panel>>Hardware and Sound>>Under Sound click Manage audio devices>>Then click on recording and check whether your mic is on the page.
    If there's none means something wrong with your mic,
    If there's a few devices, try to set each of them to default device and try to record something.
    Hope it helps...this is what I did to my laptop.
  5. i used 2 have 1 devices . it was working untill i disable it by mistake ,how can i get it back?
  6. I have an asus X59SR with windows 7 and I have the same problem....Still trying to search for drivers but no luck??
    Any one got a link for me to retreive these drivers???
  7. You said that your laptop mic is not working when windows 7 is loaded - do you mean that you have format your computer?

Ok your laptop comes with a disc when you purchase it you can insert it onto the optical drive then install them.
  8. xyzionz said:
    Start>>Control Panel>>Hardware and Sound>>Under Sound click Manage audio devices>>Then click on recording and check whether your mic is on the page.
    If there's none means something wrong with your mic,
    If there's a few devices, try to set each of them to default device and try to record something.
    Hope it helps...this is what I did to my laptop.

Hi , I have also some problem with mic. Iam using Dell Vostro. recently i have formatted my OS with Windows 7 . I had navigated through the path u mentioned, i didnt find any mic symbol,
    I have speakers/headphones,
    communnication Head phones,
    Digital audio.
    Thanks for ur help, now how to proceed. Please suggest me.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Microphone Windows 7