Sign in with
Your question

My lap top microphone is not working when I loaded window 7.

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
June 11, 2010 3:04:41 PM

Hello,
My lap top microphone is not working when I loaded window 7.
Please let me know how to get this drivers downloaded, if so what type of driver

More about : lap top microphone working loaded window

a b \ Driver
a c 215 $ Windows 7
June 11, 2010 3:32:09 PM

We can't really do that until you tell us the manufacturer and model number of the laptop you have.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 11, 2010 3:49:55 PM

Did you run Windows updates? Doing so may get your microphone working. Otherwise, you can check your laptop manufacturer for support. Like The_Prophecy said we can't help much more than this without knowing the manufacturer and model of your laptop. Care to share?

Cheers,
Cassie
Microsoft Windows Outreach
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
June 11, 2010 10:33:22 PM

The_Prophecy said:
We can't really do that until you tell us the manufacturer and model number of the laptop you have.

Maybe we need a header in bold print asking people when they need help to supply details of their system and make and model number where possible.
I know some will still ignore it but it may help, as we seem to be getting quite a few with little or no information.
m
l
June 12, 2010 9:17:51 PM

Start>>Control Panel>>Hardware and Sound>>Under Sound click Manage audio devices>>Then click on recording and check whether your mic is on the page.
If there's none means something wrong with your mic,
If there's a few devices, try to set each of them to default device and try to record something.
Hope it helps...this is what I did to my laptop.
m
l
November 28, 2010 9:41:47 PM

i used 2 have 1 devices . it was working untill i disable it by mistake ,how can i get it back?
m
l
December 18, 2010 7:50:22 AM

I have an asus X59SR with windows 7 and I have the same problem....Still trying to search for drivers but no luck??
Any one got a link for me to retreive these drivers???
m
l
December 18, 2010 9:01:19 AM

You said that your laptop mic is not working when windows 7 is loaded - do you mean that you have format your computer?

Ok your laptop comes with a disc when you purchase it you can insert it onto the optical drive then install them.
m
l
October 8, 2012 1:38:26 PM

xyzionz said:
Start>>Control Panel>>Hardware and Sound>>Under Sound click Manage audio devices>>Then click on recording and check whether your mic is on the page.
If there's none means something wrong with your mic,
If there's a few devices, try to set each of them to default device and try to record something.
Hope it helps...this is what I did to my laptop.

Hi , I have also some problem with mic. Iam using Dell Vostro. recently i have formatted my OS with Windows 7 . I had navigated through the path u mentioned, i didnt find any mic symbol,
I have speakers/headphones,
communnication Head phones,
Digital audio.
Thanks for ur help, now how to proceed. Please suggest me.
m
l
!