[Tournament report] Watchtower: Chosen are Called - NAQ Mo..

Name of tournament: Watchtower: Chosen are Called (NAQ Montréal 2005)
Location: Montréal, Canada
Date: May 1, 2005
Number of players: 26
Number of rounds: 3 + F

On May 1, 2005, Montréal hosted an official NAQ qualifier tournament. This
year it seems less people showed up to try to qualify as compared to the
previous years (the location may have something to do with it, as it was a
hard place to reach for people who didn't have a car). Still, people from
almost everywhere in Québec showed up to test their wits. Two people even
came from Ontario - Princes, if I'm not mistaken (sorry fellas, don't
remember your home cities). We had the chance to compete not only with the
winner of last year's championship, Christian Chénard, but with 2nd-place
Hugues Bertrand as well!

As expected, people played by the book and dirty decks were spotted here
and there. I was personally ousted from the 1st round in 13 minutes, timed
(had the chance to try out Zombies!!! while waiting for lunch).

In the end, François Déziel won the tournament with a somewhat-weird
Ahrimanes anarch votes deck. Congratulations to François and to all the
others who qualified!

Here are the final results:

# Name TW PVP FPV TP Q?
1 François Déziel 2 5 2 144 *
2 Michel-Etienne Fortin 2 6.5 1 156 *
3 Martin Laganière 1 6 1 156 *
4 François Nadeau-Labrecque 1 5.5 1 156 *
5 Jonathan Néron 1 5 0 156 *
6 Allan Birkett 1 5 144 *
7 Martin Tremblay 1 5 120
8 Yann Arseneau 1 4.5 114
9 Andrew Weston 1 4 132
10 Hugues Bertrand 1 4 96
11 Jonathan Long 1 3.5 114
12 Richard Blais 1 3 132
13 Christian Slachetka 0 3 114
14 Charles Lechasseur 0 2.5 120
15 Dave Stevers 0 2 114
16 Jean-Pierre Legall 0 2 108
17 Frederic Thouin 0 2 78
18 Philippe Richer 0 1.5 96
19 Dominique Bédard 0 0.5 88
20 François Dion 0 0.5 78
21 Samuel Guilbault 0 0.5 66
22 Eric Handfield 0 0 76
23 Michèle Bergeron 0 0 70
24 Frederic Gingras 0 0 66
25 Christian Chénard 0 0 60
26 Jean-François Giguère 0 0 54

Here is François' winning deck:

Deck Name: Arhimanes gone wild
Created By: François "Hobbit" Déziel

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 22, Max: 32, Avg: 6,83)
4 Howler ANI obf PRE SPI 8, Ahrimanes:2
4 Siamese ani PRE pro SPI 7, Ahrimanes:2
2 Cynthia Ingold ani for pre SPI 6, Ahrimanes:2
2 Nettie Hale ani cel pre pro spi 5, Ahrimanes:2

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (14 cards)
1 Anarch Free Press, The
1 Anarch Railroad
3 Anarch Revolt
3 Blood Doll
2 Powerbase: Los Angeles
2 Seattle Committee
2 Sudden Reversal

Action (14 cards)
4 Engling Fury
2 Entrancement
1 Fee Stake: Boston
1 Fee Stake: Corte
1 Fee Stake: Los Angeles
1 Fee Stake: New York
1 Fee Stake: Perth
1 Fee Stake: Seattle
2 Muricia`s Call

Action Modifier (10 cards)
2 Aire of Elation
4 Bewitching Oration
4 Voter Captivation

Political Action (16 cards)
4 Conservative Agitation
2 Domain Challenge
4 Firebrand
4 Kine Resources Contested
2 Reinforcements

Reaction (14 cards)
4 Cats` Guidance
4 Falcon`s Eye
2 Forced Awakening
4 Speak with Spirits

Combat (10 cards)
4 Chameleon`s Colors
6 Majesty

Retainer (4 cards)
2 Owl Companion
2 Raven Spy

Combo (8 cards)
8 Swiftness of the Stag

--
charles lechasseur - danov@novideospamtron.ca

Ontario Princes were Wes from Windsor, and Freakdvr from Toronto.

Dom.