Should I ???

Mowgly

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2002
Hi,

Has anyone had good or bad experiences with the gigabyte 9700 pro. As I'm planning on ordering 1 this weekend. All the benchmarks and review show the results around the same as all the other 9700 pro cards and the overclocking is ok too.

So is the card any good or should I just forget it and go with the Hercules 9700pro???

Also if the card is just like all the other cards, it's software package is quite good about 6 games that I don't have so a nice bonus there :).

I just wanted to make sure before my money gets spent as the giga is cheaper then the hercules version.

Thanks in advance

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
All 9700 Pro performs the same except some very cheap card which clocked at lower frequency and use low performance RAM module. The thing you have to look at is the bundling goodies and price. I bought Hercules 3D Prophet 9700 Pro simply because that moment it's cheaper than ATi and the bundling full version Morrowind is very attractive, and the copper HSF and RAM sink is another selling point. If you really like the bundling games of Gigabyte and will not heavily overclock you just go for it.

You never know how stupid you are until you have done something stupid enough for you to realize it.
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>