Desknote Hyperthreading problem

davinator

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2003
Can you help me enable Hyperthreading on a A980 Desknote with P4 3.06GHz(HT)? I installed WindowsXP with SP1, latest BIOS from ECS support site, it is enabled in BIOS, but in Windows Hyperthreading is not enabled as there are not 2 processors in Device Manager section, ACPI driver is not multiprocessor, there are not 2 graphs in Task Manager. Also used SiSoft Sandra 2003 and confirmed HT is disabled. Please help.

okietex

Distinguished
May 1, 2003
You might have to reinstall WIN OS and enable the HT option in the BIOS ... but, I don't know for sure .. just a guess. Every time I've installed new OS with a cpu that has HT, it's always been enabled. Are you sure it's a HT enabled proc??

hth

davinator

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2003
I didn't know that there are HT disabled P4 at 3.06GHz...How should I check that, since SiSoft Sandra reported HT is supported by my processor, but HT is disabled?

davinator

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2003
Could the PL-iP4 adapter(enables HTT for 845 chipsets) from Powerleap solve the problem? Any ideas? I can't verify since there are no ways to order it in Romania :(

okietex

Distinguished
May 1, 2003
honestly, I don't know for sure how to check and know if the cpu is HT capable. But, there are different CPUs out there that have HT and don't ... Most of the ones I see are the HT enabled and maybe the non-HT aren't even produced anymore --I just don't know.

But, does your manual or invoice or any other papers of your notebook say it is HT capable/enabled?? I'd look at who sold it to you and see what they say... sorry, not much help!