Sign in with
Your question

Some information on Android tablets and formula match!

Last response: in General UK & Ireland Discussions
December 8, 2012 12:01:13 PM

First of all sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I found another tablet threat similar to this one in this category and no-one seemed to complain!

I was thinking of getting a tablet my budget is about £250 and I quite liked the look of the Iconia A210. What do you all think of this tablet? Its main downside seemed to be quite a dim display but I can handle that. I plan to use it for quite a variety of things like Skype, web browsing maybe some games, but one of the things I quite liked the idea of was the note taking abilities I've seen on youtube on various tablets. I particularly like the idea of formula match. But I couldn't find much information regarding it. Is it an app I would have to buy or does it come with the operating system? would Android 4.1 handle it and can it handle more advanced maths and greek symbols (or even hebrew ones like Aleph which comes up occasionally?)?

Also are Acer okay at keeping there tablets up to date with the latest update?

Thanks in advance for your help everyone

Henry
Anonymous
December 12, 2012 12:21:11 PM

I would personally recommend the Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1, it's within your budget @£238 at PC World.

Mine currently runs Android 4.0.4 but apparently an update to 4.1.x is going to be released soon. It's one of very few tablets that you can expand the storage on - with the built in Micro SD card slot.

For a bit over your budget you could look at the Galaxy Note 10.1 which has stylus, or the Google Nexus 10, which has the highest res screen of any tablet currently on the market.
!