software installation

I recently formated my hard drive. Before re installing
all my software, I restored my previous registry.
When I run my BroadBand Networking disc, I get a message
that says "unable to install because a newer version of
this product is already installed".
I have gone through and deleted all references I can find
to the broadband networking including registry entries. I
continue to recieve the same message. I am running
windows 98 with an AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2200+ processor.
Does anyone have a solution?

Restoring your previous Registry is a big mistake. Format the drive and let
the Registry be created as you add things. You're only bringing forward old
problems (like you've seen).
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC