Maureen and Call the great beast

I was playing with some friends and this question arrised: the action
to play call the great beast requires baali, so the controller gains
one pool, but, the action to put ritual counters require or doesn't
require baali to do it? so he gains one pool for each ritual counter
that maureen puts on the great beast

i think that's not the case because i propose the following situation:
valerius maior (basic) plays a clan impersonation and becomes baali
himself, so afterwards he calls the great beast, but in the meantime
while he has not completed yet the ritual counters, i merge him, he
will become tremere antitribu and will be no more infernal, under this
situation the great beast is burned or can valerius under his current
situation still put ritual counters on the great beast??

tnx in advance for your help :)

ThE OnLy VipeR wrote:
> I was playing with some friends and this question arrised: the action
> to play call the great beast requires baali, so the controller gains
> one pool, but, the action to put ritual counters require or doesn't
> require baali to do it? so he gains one pool for each ritual counter
> that maureen puts on the great beast
>
> i think that's not the case because i propose the following
situation:
> valerius maior (basic) plays a clan impersonation and becomes baali
> himself, so afterwards he calls the great beast, but in the meantime
> while he has not completed yet the ritual counters, i merge him, he
> will become tremere antitribu and will be no more infernal, under
this
> situation the great beast is burned or can valerius under his current
> situation still put ritual counters on the great beast??
>
> tnx in advance for your help :)

answer (from group search:"maureen beast author:lsj", only answer):

LSJ 12 Jan. 13:43 wrote:
"Frederick Scott" <nos...@no.spam.dot.com> wrote in message

> First of all, it's not particularly clear to me that an action to put
> a ritual counter on a Call the Great Beast card qualifies as an
"action
> that require Daimoinon or Baali". Playing the card qualifies.
Putting
> ritual counters on it is a card action restricted to the minion who
> play it. There's sort of an inference there but it's not a direct
one.
> (LSJ? What's the thinking on such things?)

It requires a Baali, by card text. Not "This vampire" but "this Baali".
It is not restricted to the minion who played it. It is restricted to
the minion it is on (and further requires that that minion be Baali).
Not that it can be moved, but if it could, then there you go.

> Secondly, even if it did, so what? Nice though the Beast is, I don't
> think it's worth requiring 6 successful actions from a 6-cap - even
if
> you're recapping the infernal pool cost when the attempts are
successful.

He says that you do other stuff with her. Then, when you don't have and
don't draw into the other stuff, you use the never-to-be-completed
Great Beast ritual to recoup, at the end of your minion phase, the pool
you invested at the beginning of your turn.

--
LSJ (vtes...@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

In message <1116182530.806945.117000@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, ThE
OnLy VipeR <finalboss@hotmail.com> writes:
>I was playing with some friends and this question arrised: the action
>to play call the great beast requires baali, so the controller gains
>one pool, but, the action to put ritual counters require or doesn't
>require baali to do it? so he gains one pool for each ritual counter
>that maureen puts on the great beast

The action to put counters on requires a Baali, and so will generate
pool.

"This Baali may put a ritual counter on this card..." means the action
requires a Baali.

LSJ confirmed that it requires a Baali in this post:

<http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/b
914595f422abbdc?hl=en>

>i think that's not the case because i propose the following situation:
>valerius maior (basic) plays a clan impersonation and becomes baali
>himself, so afterwards he calls the great beast, but in the meantime
>while he has not completed yet the ritual counters, i merge him, he
>will become tremere antitribu

No he won't:

<http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/3
4126bacedbc1749?hl=en>

"The Clan Impersonation (still in play) still applies."

> and will be no more infernal, under this
>situation the great beast is burned or can valerius under his current
>situation still put ritual counters on the great beast??

Assuming you burned the Clan Impersonation, or whatever:

What card text would cause the Great Beast card to burn? Nothing on it
says that the vampire not being infernal will burn it. Nothing on it
says that the vampire not being Baali will burn it. It just becomes
unusable, until such time as you turn back into a Baali. (Being
infernal deosn't affect using the Great Beast card, hence a number of
decks including a couple of Clan Impersonations and a CtGB as a throw-
away fun maneuver.)

However, Valerius needs to be a Baali to put counters on it.

Similarly, if you put a Sword of Judgement on a Brujah Antitribu and
then clan impersonate them to Tremere, they can't use it for the period
of time that they're not a Brujah Antitribu.

--
James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and