client computer on network, no internet

Degas

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2005

Hi, just worked four hours on this. I had the second
computer networked and with internet for a year but it
just quit working. Have redone and redone. On network
but no internet connection at the second computer. The
wireless channel is set to 1. System is set to 6. I
can't change the channel because I can't open the
Broadband Utility thing because there's no internet. Is
there a way I can change the channel to 6 (if that's the
reason the computer can't access the internet); thank you
so much, Degas

Go to the default IP of your base station (192.168.2.1) in your browser
(unless you changed it). You can administer it from there, instead of
attempting to use the front-end software. BTW - If you're on Windows XP,
you don't need the software and can easily uninstall it in Add or Remove
Programs.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"degas" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, just worked four hours on this. I had the second
> computer networked and with internet for a year but it
> just quit working. Have redone and redone. On network
> but no internet connection at the second computer. The
> wireless channel is set to 1. System is set to 6. I
> can't change the channel because I can't open the
> Broadband Utility thing because there's no internet. Is
> there a way I can change the channel to 6 (if that's the
> reason the computer can't access the internet); thank you
> so much, Degas

TRENDING THREADS