dual vid card

tumadre123

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2003
right now i have a geforce 3 ti 500 and want to know if i can add a PCI video card to my system so i can run dual monitors. i don't want to go buy a really expensive video card that already supports dual monitors. thanks with any advice you can give me.

icy_oblivion

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
That trick works with some people and not with others. I have a friend who had an older computer he had that working on and in theory it should work, it is just another set of IRQ's. Might want to borrow a PCI video card and try it out first.

You might have a problem with drivers is the biggest concern.

<b>Just because I like AMD or Intel more at a time because of one product compared to another, does not make me a fan boy, it makes me a person who is able to make a descision for myself.</b>

cefoskey

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2003
Absolutely! I used to run my AGP Radeon DDR and an old Stealth III S540 PCI card at the same time. Both monitors show up when you look at display properties in windows and you configure them from there. Theres no reason it wouldnt work.

"Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my drive?"

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've seen systems running as many as 4 independant video cards, even Windows 98 was compatable with such configurations.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>