EC 2005 Budapest, Hungary

Have the organisers of this event arrived at a decision on the event
location yet? Also is there a central hotel being used by most players,
as in Heidelburg last year, as that made it much easier to get pickup
games etc going..

The dates I saw mentioned on this NG were the 5/6th of November, is
this 100% as there is still no mention of it on the WW site.

Cheers,
Anthony

Anthony Coleman wrote:
> Have the organisers of this event arrived at a decision on the event
> location yet? Also is there a central hotel being used by most players,
> as in Heidelburg last year, as that made it much easier to get pickup
> games etc going..

Not sure about this but I know that they are just about to put the
website together so information should be available soon. Hopefully.

> The dates I saw mentioned on this NG were the 5/6th of November, is
> this 100% as there is still no mention of it on the WW site.

Unauthoritive answer: yes.

--
johannes walch

On 18 May 2005 05:29:01 -0700, Anthony Coleman <Buntinator@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Have the organisers of this event arrived at a decision on the event
> location yet? Also is there a central hotel being used by most players,
> as in Heidelburg last year, as that made it much easier to get pickup
> games etc going..

The location has been finalized (or is in the final steps of the
finalization process), and as Johannes noted, a website is being
constructed to handle the registrations and provide players with
the information necessary to partake in the event (and hopefully
with some additional local information). Expect news soon.

> The dates I saw mentioned on this NG were the 5/6th of November, is
> this 100% as there is still no mention of it on the WW site.

I'm pretty sure that's the date. At least that's what we've been working
with. If it's not up yet, it probably will; again, expect news soon. ;)

--
Bye,

Daneel

On Sat, 21 May 2005 23:48:05 +0200, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu> wrote:

> On 18 May 2005 05:29:01 -0700, Anthony Coleman <Buntinator@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Have the organisers of this event arrived at a decision on the event
>> location yet? Also is there a central hotel being used by most players,
>> as in Heidelburg last year, as that made it much easier to get pickup
>> games etc going..
>
> The location has been finalized (or is in the final steps of the
> finalization process), and as Johannes noted, a website is being
> constructed to handle the registrations and provide players with
> the information necessary to partake in the event (and hopefully
> with some additional local information). Expect news soon.
>
>> The dates I saw mentioned on this NG were the 5/6th of November, is
>> this 100% as there is still no mention of it on the WW site.
>
> I'm pretty sure that's the date. At least that's what we've been working
> with. If it's not up yet, it probably will; again, expect news soon. ;)

Until the website is up, here's the sketch of the apparently final
programme:

4th November - Friday
Official Welcome Party
Drinks, "Artwork Quiz", Live Show, Music and party.

5th November - Saturday
Last minute EC Qualifier (best 25% of the unqualified get qualified;
special first prize)
Side event: Pre release tournament for the Legacy of Blood expansion.

6th November - Sunday
EC 2005 - The grand event: all qualified matuselah compete for the title
of champion.
2 Side events: one older concept, one new story-based concept.

--
Bye,

Daneel