Vaio VPCF126FM is hot hot HOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewsuf82

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Hey guys (and girls)

I am trying to figure out if there is anyway at all that I can improve this issue with my Vaio:
idletempsx.jpg

This is at complete 100% idle as you can see the cpu is working at 1.1% in the image.

This is a stock laptop with the specs bought with:
i7 Q740 1.73GHz ~> turbo to 2.93
640GB 5400 RPM HDD
Nvidia 330M
Win 7 Home Premium

I also have added a laptop cooling pad with 2 huge fans under it that runs whenever the laptop is on (which has slightly helped with it's random turning itself off due to heat)

I blow it out ~2-3x a month (usually on Sundays) and if you take a LED flashlight and look into the fan output area it's as clean looking as day one.

The heat issue is killing me and I think that it's slightly possessed, perfect example, I can play SWTOR all day long on low settings and it won't overheat, play wow for an hour and itll reboot itself or sometimes you can play wow for 12 hours and its fine, use photoshop all day and it won't overheat, but browse the internet and open more than 4-5 tabs or watch a youtube or netflix and it overheats and says time for reboot, or two days later with no differences it won't overheat for a week and then like today itll turn itself off I think I am up to 5 times now?

I notice that it says Fan2 on speed fan but I can't find any information about a 2nd fan in the Vaio, and the temp 3 sensor shows 0C which there's no way on earth that if it's an actual sensor that anything at all in the case is at that temp.

I know there was a recall out for overheating issues (with a bios update) that was supposed to fix it and it said it didn't apply to this laptop but I still updated the bios and that didn't help at all, I still have ~1 year on the warranty from best buy and I'm getting to the point where I am thinking about going over there and seeing if they can fix it, but I can't be down a system and I am planning on building a desktop here in the next few weeks mostly because this thing gets so hot and nothing will make you madder than losing your work on a college paper or studying or playing in that precious relax time and having this thing say FFFF you buddy and turning itself off in the middle of nowhere, here's the other :fou: point it NEVER OVERHEATS on campus EVER and campus keeps the AC warmer than I do at home.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

drewsuf82

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
This is the frustration I am talking about....

At class with the following open (with no laptop cooling pad)

Word (3 documents)
Excel (2 workbooks both with a chunk of data)
Powerpoint (2 different slide shows)
Windows Calc
Internet with 12 tabs
Normal system tray items

Lowe and behold shes running cooler....A LOT COOLER

This is getting really frustrating!

See image
classtemp.jpg

I am really starting to think it's possessed, by the way as I have uploaded this and typed this the overall temp is now down an additional 3 degrees and is sitting at 65 WTF :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.