Random workstations not visible on network

We've been running a peer-to-peer network for several years with no problem.
We have several workgroups on our network. Suddenly, on some PC's, when you
open Network Neighboorhood, only some, if any, workstations appear.
Sometimes everything appears. I don't even know where to beging
troubleshooting this problem. Is there a limit to how many workgroups or
users within a workgroup you can have? We currently have 22 workgroups with
the largest one containing about 30 nodes.

Depends on the operating system how many concurrent connections are
supported. I would post to one of the general networking newsgroups,
though. This newsgroup supports Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware
and software only, not regular networking issues.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC