Some stuff that came up in today's tournament

Some stuff that came up during the tournament in Tilburg today.

1) Does condemnation: mute cancel a priscus' vote in the prisci
subreferendum, or is he being treated as a 0-vote vampire and has as
such nothing to lose by getting a 3 vote reduction?

2) Can you tap the Ericyes Fragment to pull out a reaction card from
your prey's ashpile during an action and if so, I assume you can also
use it in midcombat (like, I play a pursuit, replace, predator taps
fragment, takes my pursuit and plays it).

3) For confirmation, a tapped Anneke can play 2nd Tradition on a
crosstable action (ie anything one can't normally block), yes?

On Sun, 22 May 2005 23:58:52 +0200, "Izaak" <i.havelaar@SPAMklg.nl>
wrote:

>Some stuff that came up during the tournament in Tilburg today.

>1) Does condemnation: mute cancel a priscus' vote in the prisci
>subreferendum, or is he being treated as a 0-vote vampire and has as
>such nothing to lose by getting a 3 vote reduction?

The second option.
Losing three votes in the main referendum when you have none in the
main referendum has no effect on the ability of a priscus to vote in
the prisci sub-referendum.

>2) Can you tap the Ericyes Fragment to pull out a reaction card from
>your prey's ashpile during an action and if so, I assume you can also
>use it in midcombat (like, I play a pursuit, replace, predator taps
>fragment, takes my pursuit and plays it).

There are no timing restrictions on the Erciyes Fragment. You may tap
it at any time that it is untapped and does not have a card on it.

>3) For confirmation, a tapped Anneke can play 2nd Tradition on a
>crosstable action (ie anything one can't normally block), yes?

Anneke can play Second Tradition on any action that her controller
could not block because of targeting restrictions. She cannot play
Second Tradition on actions which cannot be blocked by vampires (ie,
those modified by Flaming Candle, Daring the Dawn, Day Operation,
Toreador Grand Ball, Concoction of Vitality, Signet of King Saul).

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com
Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.

> >2) Can you tap the Ericyes Fragment to pull out a reaction card from
> >your prey's ashpile during an action and if so, I assume you can
also
> >use it in midcombat (like, I play a pursuit, replace, predator taps
> >fragment, takes my pursuit and plays it).
>
> There are no timing restrictions on the Erciyes Fragment. You may
tap
> it at any time that it is untapped and does not have a card on it.

I believe there is one timing restriction: You cannot tap it during
the play of another card. For example, your prey plays a Minion Tap
and you respond by tapping Erciyes Fragment to get a Sudden Reversal.
I'm pretty sure you can't do that, since LSJ already said you can't use
The Barrens to draw and use a Sudden that way.

Not that it matters for the question, though.

-- Brian

firstconform...@aol.com wrote:
> > >2) Can you tap the Ericyes Fragment to pull out a reaction card
from
> > >your prey's ashpile during an action and if so, I assume you can
> also
> > >use it in midcombat (like, I play a pursuit, replace, predator
taps
> > >fragment, takes my pursuit and plays it).
> >
> > There are no timing restrictions on the Erciyes Fragment. You may
> tap
> > it at any time that it is untapped and does not have a card on it.
>
> I believe there is one timing restriction: You cannot tap it during
> the play of another card. For example, your prey plays a Minion Tap
> and you respond by tapping Erciyes Fragment to get a Sudden Reversal.
> I'm pretty sure you can't do that, since LSJ already said you can't
use
> The Barrens to draw and use a Sudden that way.
>
> Not that it matters for the question, though.
>
> -- Brian

LSJ has ruled that you can't use card cyclers during the "as played"
window.

"fragment intervention author:LSJ"

What about during the "as announced" window? Suppose you have an action
on an untapped Erciyes Fragment. You want to announced the action off
the EF, tap the EF to grab a Seduction, then modify your action
accordingly. I presume you can't for similar reasons, but it would be
nice to get official word for those of us who aren't up on the
difference between "as played" and "as announced". :)

Jeff