Ottawa Qualifier Results Thanks to Christian Winner David ..

Last response: in Video Games
May 23, 2005 1:42:12 AM

Hello All,

I want to thank Christian Chenard for running the Ottawa Qualifier this
past Saturday (May 22nd). Christian is having computer problems so he
asked me to post the results here. There were 10 players, including 3
from Ann Arbor Michigan.

One Player (Peter Charnley) was already qualified, so there were 3
qualifying positions available.

Here are the final results: (I really apologize for any mispellings of
names that I have made)

Rank GWS VPS
1 David Wilson 2 10
2 Kevin Aldrich 1 5
3 Samuel Guilbault 1 3
4 Peter Charnley 2 8
5 Guy Purde 0 2
6 Louis Legault 0 1
7 David Faguy 0 1
8 Mark Allen 0 0
9 Francois Coles 0 0
10 John Scales 0 0

There were 6 games in the preliminary round which lead to the following
final table:

Kevin Aldrich Ventrue Vote/Bloat/Bleed
Guy Purdue Ventrue Vote/Bloat/Bleed
David Wilson Mata Hari with War Ghouls & Garou
Peter Charnley Ur Shulgi You Can't Block Me
Samuel Guilbault Toreador Vote/Bloat/Aching Beauty (G1 & G2)

The game started out very frightening with Kevin Aldrich getting
Zillah's Valley one turn one and turn two, to bring Arika out on the
2nd turn. I am not sure what Guy was thinking or if he noticed Arika
come out, but he transfered to Arika as well for a total of six
transfers, then on Arika's first Active turn she governed down,
freaked, scouted down, and at the end of the 3rd turn Arika and Marcus
Vitel stood at the board, then Guy as a defensive move(?) brought out
Arika, contesting. This left no pressure on me, and I tried to take
full advantage of it and went full boat into Peter, who was bleeding
for 7 at a time. The 2nd turn Peter bled for 7, he was bounced to the
ventrue and then down to poor Guy who still did not have out a vampire.
Kevin took out Guy, got back Arika, but failed to oust the Mata Hari
before she took down the Ur Shulgi deck. A deal was made with Samuel &
David that David would not stop Samuel from taking out the Ventrue
player which he was close to doing, and Samuel would not keep hitting
him with Parity Shift & KRC. Mata Hari did trash the Toreador Player,
although not "Stopping" him, he got his VP, then was dropped the next
turn by several War Ghouls & Garou.

Here is the winning Deck:

Deck Name: Mata's Renegade War Ghouls
Created By: David Wilson

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 6, Max: 28, Avg: 4.41)
5 Mata Hari aus for qui CHI OBF 7 Ravnos
2 Piotr Andreikov aus 2 Tzimisce
3 Michael Luther aus pre 4 Toreador
1 Sandra White 1 Caitiff
1 Lisa Noble ani 1 Caitiff

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (10 cards)
1 Barrens, The
1 Charisma
1 Demonstration
1 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Ferraille
2 Memories of Mortality
1 Secure Haven
1 Ventrue Headquarters
1 Waste Management Operation

Action (10 cards)
1 Waters of Duat
2 Art Scam
1 Aranthebes, The Immortal
6 Sibyl`s Tongue

Action Modifier (35 cards)
7 Forgotten Labyrinth
2 Elder Impersonation
26 Freak Drive

Political Action (5 cards)
5 Autarkis Persecution

Ally (15 cards)
1 Ambrosius, The Ferryman (Wraith)
1 Felix `Fix` Hessian (Wraith)
4 War Ghoul
2 Renegade Garou
1 Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
1 Vagabond Mystic
1 Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
2 Nephandus (Mage)
1 Tutu the Doubly Evil One (Bane Mummy)
1 Muddled Vampire Hunter

Retainer (6 cards)
1 Resplendent Protector
1 Jackie Therman
1 Camarilla Vitae Slave
1 Tasha Morgan
1 Mr. Winthrop
1 J. S. Simmons, Esq.

Equipment (4 cards)
2 Ankara Citadel, Turkey, The
1 Shilmulo Tarot
1 Treasured Samadji

Event (1 cards)
1 Unmasking, The

Combo (4 cards)
4 Draba

I am sorry to not post any strategy, the deck is a work in progress and
I am exhausted after the 11 hour drive back from Ottawa.

David Wilson
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 11:49:44 AM

"David Wilson, Mask of a Thousand Names" <dervish13@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<1116964430.561085.241790@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>...
> Here is some strategy for the Mata Hari Deck:
>
> Deck Name: Mata's Renegade War Ghouls
> Created By: David Wilson

Love the deck. Can't say anything else.

BTW, dont you like Ossian? and Greg Winter? and Amam perhaps?

May 26, 2005 7:41:40 PM

Hello Wouter,

Ossian, Greg and Amam started in the deck, but they just weren't as
useful as the other allies. Greg is nice, but the Nephandus can do the
same thing, and is a little more potent in combat. What greg lended
was the ability to remove a blood to put a vamp in strike distance of a
Garou or War Ghoul, but I just found it wasn't that big of a deal.
Amam was taken out for the same reason, Nephandus. Ossian was nice, he
got a lot of life, but since I have no cards to back him up, he still
only hits for 2.

Thanks for the praise,
David
!