[DECK] The Apocalypse - Help needed!

Last response: in Video Games
May 24, 2005 5:57:10 PM

I have been testing several versions of this deck, but I still
think that there has to be a way for it to work better. So any
help you can provide will be much appreciated >:-)

Deck Name: The Apocalypse
Created By: Damnans

Wormwood and Agaitas.

While Nightmares Upon Nightmares is in play, you generally use
Agaitas's special ability during your predator's turn to replace
from your prey's library. During your next untap phase, use those
so-replaced cards to untap the vampires you control (who will be
affected by Nightmares upon Nightmares).

Both Wormwood and Nightmares upon Nightmares will have the other
players burn cards in their hands to untap their minions duting
their respective untap phases (thus progressively depleting their
libraries), while giving you the opportunity to play Recalled to
the Founder at maximum effect (since no player would be able to
become inmune to its effect, since the capacity of their vampires
should be too low by then).

So the game becomes a countdown towards the other players' doom,
since there will be a time where they will not be able to burn
cards to untap their minions (while there are still enough cards
in my library).

Lupine Assault is in the deck to deal a final blow in the end game
by forcing the other players to discard their "last" hand.

Storages Annex are in there to keep cards I intend to use later:
such as some events that require X events in play, Lupine Assault...

The Victims of Habbit help me oust my preys, since they help me
take advantage of the cards I burn from my prey's library.

Since this deck tends to be slow, I think more ousting power is
needed. Maybe a few Brinksmanships (in addition to Daring the Dawn
and Día de los Muertos). I could increase the amount of Storages
Annex to keep those cards until needed.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 13, Max: 24, Avg: 4,5)
4 Agaitas for AUS NEC 6 Harbingers of Skulls
1 Maldavis for pre AUS 4 Caitiff
1 General Perfidio Dios dem obf AUS 5 Malkavian Antitribu
1 Martin Franckel tha AUS 3 Tremere
1 Isabel de Leon AUS 3 Toreador
1 Idalia dem AUS 4 Malkavian Antitribu
1 Remilliard pre AUS 4 Toreador Antitribu
1 Richard Tauber tha AUS 4 Tremere Antitribu
1 Zoe cel obf AUS 3 Malkavian

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (22 cards)
1 Police Department
1 Fortschritt Library
4 Blood Doll
1 Direct Intervention
1 Lupine Assault
2 Visit from the Capuchin
1 Secure Haven
1 WMRH Talk Radio
1 KRCG News Radio
1 Barrens, The
1 Powerbase: Montreal
1 Elder Library
2 Storage Annex
1 Slaughterhouse, The
1 Parthenon, The
1 Curmudgeon
1 Rebel

Action (4 cards)
4 Victim of Habit

Reaction (33 cards)
2 Enhanced Senses
3 Spirit`s Touch
3 Precognition
2 Eagle`s Sight
4 My Enemy`s Enemy
5 Telepathic Misdirection
9 Forced Awakening
5 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Combat (11 cards)
5 Read Intentions
6 Concealed Weapon

Equipment (6 cards)
4 .44 Magnum
2 Sniper Rifle

Event (14 cards)
2 Wormwood
1 Anthelios, the Red Star
1 Blood Trade
1 Recalled to the Founder
3 Nightmares upon Nightmares
1 Restricted Vitae
1 Unmasking, The
1 Rise of the Nephtali
1 Fueled by Heart`s Blood
1 Torpid Blood
1 Absimilard`s Army

--
Damnans

http://www.almadrava.net/damnans
http://www.vtes.net

More about : deck apocalypse needed

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 5:57:11 PM

Id say the deck would be better if it went for many many more
slaughterhouses, and tried to oust with brinksmanship, rather than
bother trying to actually oust people by reducing their pool, so cards
like vicitm of habit and other pool hit cards can just go.. and tighten
up your ability to pass the brinks.
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 5:57:11 PM

Damnans wrote:

> Wormwood and Agaitas.
>
> While Nightmares Upon Nightmares is in play, you generally use
> Agaitas's special ability during your predator's turn to replace
> from your prey's library. During your next untap phase, use those
> so-replaced cards to untap the vampires you control (who will be
> affected by Nightmares upon Nightmares).

1. Is this effect starting on time (since you have 4 cap on average)?
2. How many cards are you moving from your own hand due to NUN? If this
is too low, would adding Embraces/Seers help? Maybe you find 1
Absimilard's Army enough, but maybe you could add some AA to speed
things up?

> Both Wormwood and Nightmares upon Nightmares will have the other
> players burn cards in their hands to untap their minions duting
> their respective untap phases (thus progressively depleting their
> libraries), while giving you the opportunity to play Recalled to
> the Founder at maximum effect (since no player would be able to
> become inmune to its effect, since the capacity of their vampires
> should be too low by then).

What amount of wormwood reduction do you get, say, by turn 10?

> Since this deck tends to be slow, I think more ousting power is
> needed. Maybe a few Brinksmanships (in addition to Daring the Dawn
> and Día de los Muertos). I could increase the amount of Storages
> Annex to keep those cards until needed.

Like Anthony says, more Brink + slaughterhouse + Dia would be nice.

> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 13, Max: 24, Avg: 4,5)
> 4 Agaitas for AUS NEC 6 Harbingers
of Skulls
> 1 Maldavis for pre AUS 4 Caitiff
> 1 General Perfidio Dios dem obf AUS 5 Malkavian
Antitribu
> 1 Martin Franckel tha AUS 3 Tremere
> 1 Isabel de Leon AUS 3 Toreador
> 1 Idalia dem AUS 4 Malkavian
Antitribu
> 1 Remilliard pre AUS 4 Toreador
Antitribu
> 1 Richard Tauber tha AUS 4 Tremere
Antitribu
> 1 Zoe cel obf AUS 3 Malkavian

Ok, so the trick is: small minions that can play reactions. You might
want a look at folderol for it's playability as well as slowing the
table down to match your speed.

> Library: (90 cards)
> -------------------
> Master (22 cards)
> 1 Police Department
> 1 Fortschritt Library
> 4 Blood Doll
> 1 Direct Intervention
> 1 Lupine Assault
> 2 Visit from the Capuchin
> 1 Secure Haven
> 1 WMRH Talk Radio
> 1 KRCG News Radio
> 1 Barrens, The
> 1 Powerbase: Montreal
> 1 Elder Library
> 2 Storage Annex
> 1 Slaughterhouse, The
> 1 Parthenon, The
> 1 Curmudgeon
> 1 Rebel

More table-slowers could be good. Millicent, Derange, etc.

> Action (4 cards)
> 4 Victim of Habit

Insignificant, like anthony said, IMO as well.

> Reaction (33 cards)
> 2 Enhanced Senses
> 3 Spirit`s Touch
> 3 Precognition
> 2 Eagle`s Sight
> 4 My Enemy`s Enemy
> 5 Telepathic Misdirection
> 9 Forced Awakening
> 5 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Telepathic counter? Jakes to balance out the blood loss due to Forced?
(Lasombra once combined Forced expressly with Jakes to empy out minions
so he could use Jake).

> Combat (11 cards)
> 5 Read Intentions
> 6 Concealed Weapon
>
> Equipment (6 cards)
> 4 .44 Magnum
> 2 Sniper Rifle
>
> Event (14 cards)
> 2 Wormwood
> 1 Anthelios, the Red Star
> 1 Blood Trade
> 1 Recalled to the Founder
> 3 Nightmares upon Nightmares
> 1 Restricted Vitae
> 1 Unmasking, The
> 1 Rise of the Nephtali
> 1 Fueled by Heart`s Blood
> 1 Torpid Blood
> 1 Absimilard`s Army
>
> --
> Damnans
>
> http://www.almadrava.net/damnans
> http://www.vtes.net
May 24, 2005 5:57:11 PM

Damnans wrote:
> I have been testing several versions of this deck, but I still
> think that there has to be a way for it to work better. So any
> help you can provide will be much appreciated >:-)
> Wormwood and Agaitas.
> While Nightmares Upon Nightmares is in play, you generally use
> Agaitas's special ability during your predator's turn to replace
> from your prey's library. During your next untap phase, use those
> so-replaced cards to untap the vampires you control (who will be
> affected by Nightmares upon Nightmares)....
> Since this deck tends to be slow, I think more ousting power is
> needed. Maybe a few Brinksmanships (in addition to Daring the Dawn
> and Día de los Muertos). I could increase the amount of Storages
> Annex to keep those cards until needed.

Yes, definitely include Brinksmanship and cards to help call/pass it.

Include mortal allies (Jake Washington, Procurer, etc.) to act as chump
blockers.

> Master (22 cards)
> 1 Police Department

Jake instead.

> 1 Elder Library

Jake instead.

> 1 Curmudgeon
> 1 Rebel

Life in the City instead.

> Action (4 cards)
> 4 Victim of Habit

Revelations instead.

> Reaction (33 cards)
> 2 Enhanced Senses
> 3 Spirit`s Touch
> 3 Precognition
> 2 Eagle`s Sight
> 4 My Enemy`s Enemy
> 5 Telepathic Misdirection
> 9 Forced Awakening
> 5 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

This is a whole lot of intercept. I would suggest going with Telepathic
Counters and a few Eagle's Sight instead.

> 2 Sniper Rifle

Great for use against Absimilliard's troops.

> 1 Fueled by Heart`s Blood

Thirst instead. Much easier to replace, synergy with NuN & Wormwood.
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 6:24:13 AM

carl wrote:
> "Emmit Svenson" <emmitsvenson@hotmail.com> wrote
> >> 1 Curmudgeon
> >> 1 Rebel
> >Life in the City instead.
>
> Why would you go with a one-shot do little like Life in the City when Rebel
> has the possibility of paying off several times?

One in the hand is better than two in the bush.

And adding one blood to a vampire with none, before the minion phase is
certainly not a do little effect imo.
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 8:04:46 AM

Veil of darkness will also speed up the card-cycling cross-table. But
that strategy might shoot yourself in the foot as well.
May 25, 2005 8:42:56 PM

!