[LSJ] Mata Hari and Clan Loyalty

I will need an official clarification on these.

1. Can Mata Hari play Clan Loyalty when Anton blocks her?
(I think not: IMHO Clan Loyalty does not have a specific
requirement her special could fulfill.)

2. What if she was performing a recruit War Ghoul action?
(I don't think it matters: the War Ghoul card is the only
card that treats her like a Tzimisce. For all other cards
and effects she is treated a Ravnos.)

--
Bye,

Daneel

Conversely, could someone of any clan play Clan Loyalty when Mata Hari
tries to block? She would seem to fulfill those requirements

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

X_Zealot@cox-internet.com wrote:
> Conversely, could someone of any clan play Clan Loyalty when Mata Hari
> tries to block? She would seem to fulfill those requirements

Card Text:
Red List: Mata Hari has 2 votes (titled). You and she may play cards
that require a sect and/or clan as if she were of that required sect
and/or clan.

Relevant card text: "may PLAY cards"

Sorry Norm Mata Hari still super hot.

Oscar Garza
Organized Play Coordinator
White Wolf Publishing

OrgPlay wrote:
> X_Zealot@cox-internet.com wrote:
> > Conversely, could someone of any clan play Clan Loyalty when Mata Hari
> > tries to block? She would seem to fulfill those requirements
> >

> Card Text:
> Red List: Mata Hari has 2 votes (titled). You and she may play cards
> that require a sect and/or clan as if she were of that required sect
> and/or clan.
>
> Relevant card text: "may PLAY cards"
>
> Sorry Norm Mata Hari still super hot.

Come on...
She's hot...
I tried to bone her.

I'm frickin' human.

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

Ankur Gupta wrote:
> >> Sorry Norm Mata Hari still super hot.
> >
> > Come on...
> > She's hot...
> > I tried to bone her.
> >
> > I'm frickin' human.
>
> You're also not unlike most French and German soldiers during World War I,
> for what it's worth.

The French and Germans stopped trying to bone hot chicks after WWI?
That explains alot. :)

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

On Wed, 25 May 2005 09:34:35 +0200, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu>
scrawled:

>I will need an official clarification on these.

you need official clarifications for reading texts and following prior
rulings? interesting.

>1. Can Mata Hari play Clan Loyalty when Anton blocks her?
>(I think not: IMHO Clan Loyalty does not have a specific
> requirement her special could fulfill.)
>
>2. What if she was performing a recruit War Ghoul action?
>(I don't think it matters: the War Ghoul card is the only
> card that treats her like a Tzimisce. For all other cards
> and effects she is treated a Ravnos.)

you are right both times..

salem
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

salem wrote:
> On Wed, 25 May 2005 09:34:35 +0200, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu>
>>1. Can Mata Hari play Clan Loyalty when Anton blocks her?
>>(I think not: IMHO Clan Loyalty does not have a specific
>> requirement her special could fulfill.)
>>
>>2. What if she was performing a recruit War Ghoul action?
>>(I don't think it matters: the War Ghoul card is the only
>> card that treats her like a Tzimisce. For all other cards
>> and effects she is treated a Ravnos.)
>
> you are right both times..

.... And salem makes three.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

>> Sorry Norm Mata Hari still super hot.
>
> Come on...
> She's hot...
> I tried to bone her.
>
> I'm frickin' human.

You're also not unlike most French and German soldiers during World War I,
for what it's worth.

Ankur

>> You're also not unlike most French and German soldiers during World War
>> I, for what it's worth.
>
> The French and Germans stopped trying to bone hot chicks after WWI? That
> explains alot. :)

Heh, well, I'm going to dodge that one given the international nature of
this list. . . :) Actually, I was referring to the fact that Mata Hari was
a Dutch spy with Indonesian roots. She basically slept her way into a
great deal of political intrigue in France and Germany. She was tried and
executed for treason eventually, but there is some mystery surrounding her
death.

I find it amusing that she was apparently a vampire.

Ankur

On Wed, 25 May 2005 18:25:46 +1000, salem <salem_christ.geo@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 25 May 2005 09:34:35 +0200, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu>
> scrawled:
>
>> I will need an official clarification on these.
>
> you need official clarifications for reading texts and following prior
> rulings? interesting.

Now why would that be? C'mon, think. It seems I know the answer. Yet I
ask. Feel free to entertain yourself a bit further and come up with some
possible explanations for this riddle... ;)

>> 1. Can Mata Hari play Clan Loyalty when Anton blocks her?
>> (I think not: IMHO Clan Loyalty does not have a specific
>> requirement her special could fulfill.)
>>
>> 2. What if she was performing a recruit War Ghoul action?
>> (I don't think it matters: the War Ghoul card is the only
>> card that treats her like a Tzimisce. For all other cards
>> and effects she is treated a Ravnos.)
>
> you are right both times..

Thanks for the reply.

--
Bye,

Daneel

On Wed, 25 May 2005 10:28:03 GMT, LSJ <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com>
wrote:

> salem wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 May 2005 09:34:35 +0200, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu>
>>> 1. Can Mata Hari play Clan Loyalty when Anton blocks her?
>>> (I think not: IMHO Clan Loyalty does not have a specific
>>> requirement her special could fulfill.)
>>>
>>> 2. What if she was performing a recruit War Ghoul action?
>>> (I don't think it matters: the War Ghoul card is the only
>>> card that treats her like a Tzimisce. For all other cards
>>> and effects she is treated a Ravnos.)
>>
>> you are right both times..
>
> ... And salem makes three.

Thank you for the clarification.

--
Bye,

Daneel

Ankur Gupta wrote:
> >> You're also not unlike most French and German soldiers during World War
> >> I, for what it's worth.
> >
> > The French and Germans stopped trying to bone hot chicks after WWI? That
> > explains alot. :)
>
> Heh, well, I'm going to dodge that one given the international nature of
> this list. . . :)

Are you sure about that?
(jiggles large hunk of bait)

Actually, I was referring to the fact that Mata Hari was
> a Dutch spy with Indonesian roots. She basically slept her way into a
> great deal of political intrigue in France and Germany. She was tried and
> executed for treason eventually, but there is some mystery surrounding her
> death.
> I find it amusing that she was apparently a vampire.

That explains everything.

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

On Wed, 25 May 2005 22:54:17 +0200, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu>
scrawled:

>On Wed, 25 May 2005 18:25:46 +1000, salem <salem_christ.geo@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 25 May 2005 09:34:35 +0200, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu>
>> scrawled:
>>
>>> I will need an official clarification on these.
>>
>> you need official clarifications for reading texts and following prior
>> rulings? interesting.
>
>Now why would that be? C'mon, think. It seems I know the answer. Yet I
> ask. Feel free to entertain yourself a bit further and come up with some
> possible explanations for this riddle... ;)

too much vokda? :)

On Thu, 26 May 2005 21:03:35 +1000, salem <salem_christ.geo@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 25 May 2005 22:54:17 +0200, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu>
> scrawled:
>
>> On Wed, 25 May 2005 18:25:46 +1000, salem <salem_christ.geo@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, 25 May 2005 09:34:35 +0200, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu>
>>> scrawled:

>>> you need official clarifications for reading texts and following prior
>>> rulings? interesting.
>>
>> Now why would that be? C'mon, think. It seems I know the answer. Yet I
>> ask. Feel free to entertain yourself a bit further and come up with
>> some
>> possible explanations for this riddle... ;)
>
> too much vokda? :)

Clsoe. ;)

(Actuall, the real answer is quite mundane - quoting LSJ or linking his
reply is a far easier way to convince other players than to go into
length and explain the full causalities. While I generally prefer to
explain, the ultimate enlightenment is often only possible with LSJ
providing a specific official answer.)

--
Bye,

Daneel

On 25 May 2005 08:11:56 -0700, "OrgPlay" <orgplay@white-wolf.com>
scrawled:

>X_Zealot@cox-internet.com wrote:
>> Conversely, could someone of any clan play Clan Loyalty when Mata Hari
>> tries to block? She would seem to fulfill those requirements
>>

>Card Text:
>Red List: Mata Hari has 2 votes (titled). You and she may play cards
>that require a sect and/or clan as if she were of that required sect
>and/or clan.
>
>Relevant card text: "may PLAY cards"

i would have thought maybe the "you and she" might be the pertinent
text. ? :)