Cards for Sale

Last response: in Video Games
May 30, 2005 4:49:14 PM

Hi,

i know its against the rules of this news group, but anyway i am going
to sell my cards if you are interessted check out my inventory here:

http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a9505860/card.html

thanks stefan

More about : cards sale

Anonymous
May 30, 2005 4:49:15 PM

Stefan Ferenci wrote:

> i know its against the rules of this news group, but anyway i am going
> to sell my cards if you are interessted check out my inventory here:

Dude. Don't make me e-mail you the FAQ...

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 9:49:49 PM

"Stefan Ferenci" <nospam@thankyou.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi,
>
> i know its against the rules of this news group, but anyway i am going to
> sell my cards

to make this on-topic: are you quitting the game? or just selling of extras?
and your list isn't really legible (sp?)

Jeroen
May 30, 2005 10:40:47 PM

Peter D Bakija wrote:
> Stefan Ferenci wrote:
>

>>i know its against the rules of this news group, but anyway i am going
>>to sell my cards if you are interessted check out my inventory here:
>

> Dude. Don't make me e-mail you the FAQ...
>

> Peter D Bakija
> pdb6@lightlink.com
> http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6
>
> "So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
> easily spilled liquids to naked people."
> -Brittni Meil

no need to mail it i know the faq

stefan
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 12:51:53 AM

Stefan Ferenci wrote:

> no need to mail it i know the faq

Yeah, see, if you knew that FAQ, you'd know not to post sales posts. Which
is why the hassling. And the offers to mail it to you. As it points out the
no sales posts.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 2:31:12 AM

Stefan Ferenci wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i know its against the rules of this news group, but anyway i am going
> to sell my cards if you are interessted check out my inventory here:
>

> http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a9505860/card.html
>

> thanks stefan

It is against the rules and yet you still do it.....?

Thw combind word for you (8 letters) starts with D and ends with D. You
work it out.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 2:31:13 AM

Frogbear wrote:
> Stefan Ferenci wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i know its against the rules of this news group, but anyway i am going
>> to sell my cards if you are interessted check out my inventory here:
>>

>> http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a9505860/card.html
>>

>> thanks stefan
>

> It is against the rules and yet you still do it.....?
>
> Thw combind word for you (8 letters) starts with D and ends with D. You
> work it out.
cant figure it out please tell me

stefan
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 6:00:13 AM

Andreas Nusser wrote:
> Peter D Bakija schrieb:
> > Stefan Ferenci wrote:
> >

> >>no need to mail it i know the faq
> >

> > Yeah, see, if you knew that FAQ, you'd know not to post sales posts. Which
> > is why the hassling. And the offers to mail it to you. As it points out the
> > no sales posts.
> >

> > Peter D Bakija
> > pdb6@lightlink.com
> > http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6
> >
> > "So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
> > easily spilled liquids to naked people."
> > -Brittni Meil
> >

> Peter,
>
> I am curious.
>
> What happens if someone just ignores the FAQ? (and no Stefan, I am not
> asking because of you, I am just curious:)  )
>
> Andreas

If people like to be arrogant and very selfish, they act like this.
Actually they are farting in the general direction of everyone else on
this group..euchh!!, that post on this group according to what it is
meant for..(see FAQ).
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 11:08:53 AM

Andreas wrote:
>What happens if someone just ignores the FAQ? (and no Stefan, I am not
>asking because of you, I am just curious:)  )

We hassle them. As pointed out, usenet is a self regulating
environment--unless the newsgroup is moderated (some are, most
aren't--this one isn't) which means someone has to ok every post,
people post what they want. But if everyone goes flying off topic all
the time, the newsgroup ceases to be useful, as there is way too much
non-relevant discussion that no one wants to sift through, and as fewer
and fewer people become willing to sift through irrelevant information,
less relevant information is posted, and the newsgroup eventually
withers and dies, crushed under a pile of off topic drivel.

This newsgroup (rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad), when created, included
in its charter (which is in the newsgroup FAQ) the stipulation that
trade/sales posts were not to be part of the discussion, as there was
fear of such discussion overwhelming the newsgroup. As a result, trade
and sales posts aren't allowed, any more than lengthy discussions of
anything else off topic.

Is something going to happen if someone posts a sales/trade post, like
they will have their posting privledges revoked or something? No. But
they'll likely get hassled by people interested in keeping the
newsgroup in working order.

-Peter
May 31, 2005 11:55:51 AM

"Stefan Ferenci" <nospam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
> Jeroen Rombouts wrote:
> > "Stefan Ferenci" <nospam@thankyou.com> schreef in bericht
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>i know its against the rules of this news group, but anyway i am going
> >>sell my cards
> >

> > to make this on-topic: are you quitting the game? or just selling of
extras?
> > and your list isn't really legible (sp?)
> >
> > Jeroen
> >

> your not gettin rid of me so easily ;-)

*plonk* yeah that was easy.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 1:31:26 PM

Peter D Bakija schrieb:
> Stefan Ferenci wrote:
>

>>no need to mail it i know the faq
>

> Yeah, see, if you knew that FAQ, you'd know not to post sales posts. Which
> is why the hassling. And the offers to mail it to you. As it points out the
> no sales posts.
>

> Peter D Bakija
> pdb6@lightlink.com
> http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6
>
> "So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
> easily spilled liquids to naked people."
> -Brittni Meil

Peter,

I am curious.

What happens if someone just ignores the FAQ? (and no Stefan, I am not
asking because of you, I am just curious:)  )

Andreas
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 3:33:43 PM

alamaise@hotmail.com schrieb:

>>Peter,
>>
>>I am curious.
>>
>>What happens if someone just ignores the FAQ? (and no Stefan, I am not
>>asking because of you, I am just curious:)  )
>>
>>Andreas
>

> If people like to be arrogant and very selfish, they act like this.
> Actually they are farting in the general direction of everyone else on
> this group..euchh!!, that post on this group according to what it is
> meant for..(see FAQ).

I am more curious about consequense, if any! And I am more interested in
consequenses (if there are) other than personal consequenses like "we do
not like this and so on".

Andreas
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 3:33:44 PM

Andreas Nusser wrote:
> alamaise@hotmail.com schrieb:
>> If people like to be arrogant and very selfish, they act like this.
>> Actually they are farting in the general direction of everyone else on
>> this group..euchh!!, that post on this group according to what it is
>> meant for..(see FAQ).
>

> I am more curious about consequense, if any! And I am more interested in
> consequenses (if there are) other than personal consequenses like "we do
> not like this and so on".

USENET is unregulated in that regard. There are no other consequences
(unless you count Prisoner's Dilemma consequences, self interest vs.
enlightened self interest, where this sort of thing signals the end
of USENET :-).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 3:33:45 PM

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 6:09:50 PM

Derek Ray schrieb:

> Parallel: When was the last time you saw someone get a ticket for
> littering?

That happens sometimes. At least in two major cities in my neighborhood.
The city administration hired people especially for writing trash
tickets. We call them "trashy cops".

Andreas
June 1, 2005 6:22:36 AM

if only the format :) ) your prices are what amuses me so much..

anyway, good luck finding buyers :)
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 10:22:26 AM

Jeroen Rombouts wrote:
> to make this on-topic: ...

Can a off-topic post become on-topic? ;-)
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:43:56 PM

Alias wrote:
> if only the format

i already changed the format it should be better now

stefan
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 4:13:22 AM

"LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
> Andreas Nusser wrote:
>> alamaise@hotmail.com schrieb:
>>> If people like to be arrogant and very selfish, they act like this.
>>> Actually they are farting in the general direction of everyone else on
>>> this group..euchh!!, that post on this group according to what it is
>>> meant for..(see FAQ).
>>
>> I am more curious about consequense, if any! And I am more interested in consequenses (if there are) other than personal
>> consequenses like "we do not like this and so on".
>
> USENET is unregulated in that regard. There are no other consequences

The age-old cry was always, "I'll report you to your network administrator
and you'll get your account removed!" It has been known to happen although
I suspect it happens a lot less in reality than in the claims of various
would-be net.cops who brag about it.

The main consequences to a regular poster are derision, loss of credibility,
and being wildly frowned upon. Hear about it and tremble.

Fred
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 3:32:29 PM

Sascha wrote:
>And that's why you have the president you deserve.

Much like the original post of this thread, this sort of wildly off
topic and inflamatory posting is also not appropriate for this forum.

Hows about we all just move along here--Stefan, don't post sales posts
on the newsgroup. Sascha, don't post wildly random troll-bait. Everyone
else, let's just let the thread die and move along.

-Peter
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 10:48:13 PM

In message <429f3815$0$12384$3b214f66@usenet.univie.ac.at>, Stefan
Ferenci <nospam@thankyou.com> writes:
>you know people, who are not able to see the difference between posting
>on a newsgroup about card sales (and hurting noone with it) and
>stealing or cheating (and therefore hurting other people), are plain
>and simple stupid.

And people who post card sales where they know they're not wanted are
intellectual giants, I'm sure. You are in no position to lecture anyone
about being stupid.

It may also be worth noting that people often refuse to buy from
spammers.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

<pdb6@lightlink.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hows about we all just move along here--Stefan, don't post sales posts
> on the newsgroup. Sascha, don't post wildly random troll-bait. Everyone
> else, let's just let the thread die and move along.

Agreed.
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 3:47:41 AM

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 00:13:22 -0700, Frederick Scott
<nospam@no.spam.dot.com> wrote:

> The main consequences to a regular poster are derision, loss of
> credibility,
> and being wildly frowned upon. Hear about it and tremble.

*trembles*

--
Bye,

Daneel
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 5:47:47 AM

"Stefan Ferenci" <nospam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> i know its against the rules of this news group, but anyway i am going to
> sell my cards if you are interessted check out my inventory here:
>

> http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a9505860/card.html
>

> thanks stefan

You know, people generally associate people who can not follow simple rules
with those capable of breaking more serious rules such as theft, fraud and
the like.

I never have nor ever will buy from somoene who posts sales on newsgroups
that do not allow it because more often than not, they are not the type of
people you want to hand your money to and hope you will actually get
anything back.

You may not be a thief or a fraud, but your conduct here is not a huge
character reference.

Oh, and your prices are not even cheap (I had to look to see how desperate
you were). :p
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 5:47:48 AM

Nvim wrote:

> You know, people generally associate people who can not follow simple rules
> with those capable of breaking more serious rules such as theft, fraud and
> the like.

you know people, who are not able to see the difference between posting
on a newsgroup about card sales (and hurting noone with it) and stealing
or cheating (and therefore hurting other people), are plain and simple
stupid. that you write something like this, shows me your limited mental
capabilities.

cheers mate
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 5:47:48 AM

> You know, people generally associate people who can not follow simple
> rules with those capable of breaking more serious rules such as theft,
> fraud and the like.

And that's why you have the president you deserve.
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 5:47:49 AM

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:48:11 +0200, Stefan Ferenci <nospam@thankyou.com>
wrote:

> Nvim wrote:
>>
>> You know, people generally associate people who can not follow simple
>> rules with those capable of breaking more serious rules such as theft,
>> fraud and the like.
>
> you know people, who are not able to see the difference between posting
> on a newsgroup about card sales (and hurting noone with it) and stealing
> or cheating (and therefore hurting other people), are plain and simple
> stupid. that you write something like this, shows me your limited mental
> capabilities.

Your behaviour is probably best assessed as irresponsible and selfish. And
you are arguably hurting people. You contribute your small share to the
demolition of a self-regulated newsgroup. People who expect to encounter
VTES-related non-commercial information here are deprived of that in two
particular ways; directly, you posted something contrary to the charter,
and indirectly, as a consequence, you started a thread whose ambiguity is
matched only by its off-topicness.

That said, I do not think you were motivated by malice, or even a scorn for
the community; your conscious neglection of the rules merely demonstrates
a far from immaculate social character. For obvious reasons, I will not
condemn you for that, even though I disapprove of it in this particular
instance.

--
Bye,

Daneel
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 5:47:50 AM

Daneel wrote:

> Your behaviour is probably best assessed as irresponsible and selfish.

No, no, really. Let's just all let it die.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 12:53:54 PM

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 21:27:19 -0400, Peter D Bakija <pdb6@lightlink.com>
wrote:

> Daneel wrote:
>
>> Your behaviour is probably best assessed as irresponsible and selfish.
>
> No, no, really. Let's just all let it die.

Common sense is not amonst my most shining merits. I was directly
responding to a misconception. The quoted line is not the point,
it is just part of the analysis.

--
Bye,

Daneel
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 1:08:58 PM

Anonymous
June 3, 2005 1:08:59 PM

"Derek Ray" <lorimer@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Frederick Scott wrote:
> | "LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message

> |>USENET is unregulated in that regard. There are no other consequences
> |
> | The age-old cry was always, "I'll report you to your network administrator
> | and you'll get your account removed!" It has been known to happen
>
> Not to sound argumentative, but can you provide a single verified
> instance of this happening? :)

Not at this point, no. It has been years since I've seen any real
talk about it. I recall being convinced it had happened once or
twice but I don't recall why. And, no, I have never watched a network
admin go through the physical steps of deleting an account.

> I have never, ever, ever, ever, EVER, since 1991, seen someone's ISP
> jerk their account for _only_ violating a newsgroup FAQ.

Not for just a single incident, no. Of course, you have to remember,
in the late '80s and early '90s, an account with access to the Internet
and/or Usenet in some fashion was a much rarer thing, pre-AOL, before
whole companies were routinely wired and administrated for that kind of
access. Network admins at many companies could actually remember the
list of individual members holding such accounts.

And at that time, flamewars over this kind often devolved into guys
writing each other's admins via e-mail (addressing admin@x.com or
root@x.com or whatever) and bitching and moaning. Every admin I ever
talked to always said, "Please, don't make me deal with this!" Most
tended to flip the finger at the person doing the complaining unless
the offenses were absolutely egregious but they might also chew out
their own guy, too. I suspect someone might lose his account if that
person didn't cease to cause his admin headaches and if his having an
account wasn't crucial to his employer's needs (which it often wasn't).

> I've seen it for a lot of borderline-illegal things that violated
> the ISP's TOS; but never for someone posting a "For Sale" message in
> an unmoderated group that doesn't like "For Sale" messages.

No. Agreed, it didn't happen just for the odd "For Sale" message. It
might come up during the subsequent giant flame war about the RIGHT to
post "For Sale" messages, but even then it was almost always just talk.

> | The main consequences to a regular poster are derision, loss of
> | credibility, and being wildly frowned upon. Hear about it and tremble.
>
> Fred? The main consequences of being a regular poster here in the first
> place are often derision, loss of credibility, and being wildly frowned
> upon. =)

Well, yea, but...

(mumbles something about the derision being more apparent or something...)

Fred
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 2:02:48 PM

pdb6@lightlink.com wrote:

> Everyone
> else, let's just let the thread die and move along.
>
> -Peter

why not ignore it in the first place? (you were the second one to reply)

stefan
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 2:17:58 PM

Daneel wrote:
> your conscious neglection of the rules merely demonstrates
> a far from immaculate social character.

daneel i wish you wouldnt hide behind a nickname, i was at the hungarian
qualifier last week and would really have loved to meet you in person.
your posts make me laugh a lot.

stefan
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 2:34:21 PM

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:17:58 +0200, Stefan Ferenci <nospam@thankyou.com>
wrote:

> Daneel wrote:
>> your conscious neglection of the rules merely demonstrates
>> a far from immaculate social character.
>
> daneel i wish you wouldnt hide behind a nickname, i was at the hungarian
> qualifier last week and would really have loved to meet you in person.
> your posts make me laugh a lot.

well stefan i dont really see any relevance this makes to the current
topic of course you had to write something even if it is completely
irrelevant and pointless if you really wish to meet me in person that can
be arranged anytime like the ec this fall but i suspect that wasn't really
your point anyway also your email doesnt seem to work well anyway nice to
see another fan bye

--
Bye,

Daneel
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 2:48:14 PM

Daneel wrote:
if you really wish to meet me in person that
> can be arranged anytime like the ec this fall but i suspect that wasn't
> really your point

no i really tried to meet you (ask atilla), so next time i am in
budapest at a tourney please show yourself

stefan
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 3:14:54 PM

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:48:14 +0200, Stefan Ferenci <nospam@thankyou.com>
wrote:

> Daneel wrote:
> if you really wish to meet me in person that
>> can be arranged anytime like the ec this fall but i suspect that wasn't
>> really your point
>
> no i really tried to meet you (ask atilla), so next time i am in
> budapest at a tourney please show yourself

Attila knows me. I'll verify your statement with him. Nevertheless, you no
longer have to look for me, next time you're here, I'll be looking for
you.

--
Bye,

Daneel
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 7:30:22 PM

Derek Ray wrote:

..

> You posted a "bad post". Peter posted a "bad dog!" post. That should
> have been the end of it, except for some of the meta-conversation about
> why "bad dog!" got posted, and why it's a bad post in the first place;
> all well and good, maybe others won't bad-post, maybe they will.

i agree with you derek, i think i deserved a little clap on my fingers,
but the rest was way out of line.

you gonna be at gencon?

stefan

Anonymous
June 3, 2005 7:35:29 PM

Stefan Ferenci wrote:

> why not ignore it in the first place? (you were the second one to reply)

'Cause, as pointed out, you were breaking the rules, and if people aren't
called out when they break the rules, they continue to break the rules. And
then other people see them breaking the rules with no repercussions, and
then they start to break the rules too. And then the newsgroup devolves into
a huge pile of e-bay pointers and "Buy my cardz!" posts.

You broke the rules. I called you on it. It could have ended there, but
sadly, it evolved into a bunch of crazy personal attacks and random troll
baiting. Which is why I asked folks to let it all die.

That doesn't mean, however, that it wasn't a good idea to call you on it in
the first place. 'Cause it was.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 10:27:59 PM

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 23:47:41 +0200, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu>
scrawled:

>On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 00:13:22 -0700, Frederick Scott
><nospam@no.spam.dot.com> wrote:
>
>> The main consequences to a regular poster are derision, loss of
>> credibility,
>> and being wildly frowned upon. Hear about it and tremble.
>
>*trembles*

presumably if someone is a dick often enough, the 'respected' members
of the group, whatever aritrary group you want to assign that to, will
kill list/ignore the offender. and thus the quality, or perhaps
perceived quality, of subjects and the resulting posts begat by them
will fall, making it even less desirable for others to read their
posts, until no one is reading them at all, and thus there is no point
in them posting at all, and thus they fade from view like the morning
mists......

salem
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 2:45:40 AM

"Sascha Neumayr" <sascha.neumayr@gmx.net> wrote in message
>> You know, people generally associate people who can not follow simple
>> rules with those capable of breaking more serious rules such as theft,
>> fraud and the like.
>
> And that's why you have the president you deserve.

I have a president?! Nobody told me...
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 2:48:10 AM

> Nvim wrote:
>>

>> You know, people generally associate people who can not follow simple
>> rules with those capable of breaking more serious rules such as theft,
>> fraud and the like.
>>

> you know people, who are not able to see the difference between posting on
> a newsgroup about card sales (and hurting noone with it) and stealing or
> cheating (and therefore hurting other people), are plain and simple
> stupid. that you write something like this, shows me your limited mental
> capabilities.
>
> cheers mate

You are hurting me... I am deeply hurt by your attempt to sell cards on this
newsgroup. See, you are a very bad person. :p

Yes, my mental abilities are limited yet I can follow simple rules. Can
you?
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 1:39:06 AM

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:14:54 +0200, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu> wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:48:14 +0200, Stefan Ferenci <nospam@thankyou.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Daneel wrote:
>> if you really wish to meet me in person that
>>> can be arranged anytime like the ec this fall but i suspect that
>>> wasn't really your point
>>
>> no i really tried to meet you (ask atilla), so next time i am in
>> budapest at a tourney please show yourself
>
> Attila knows me. I'll verify your statement with him. Nevertheless, you
> no longer have to look for me, next time you're here, I'll be looking
> for you.

We had a couple of casual games tonight, and I checked with Attila. It
seems that you indeed asked him who I was, but you failed to mention
that he told you, and you never made a move to actually meet me (I was
waiting for my wife to pick me up outside the Fanyűvő, and was standing
about 5 meters from where you guys were sitting). Well, next time.

--
Bye,

Daneel
!