Cards for Sale

Stefan Ferenci wrote:

> i know its against the rules of this news group, but anyway i am going
> to sell my cards if you are interessted check out my inventory here:

Dude. Don't make me e-mail you the FAQ...

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil

"Stefan Ferenci" <nospam@thankyou.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi,
>
> i know its against the rules of this news group, but anyway i am going to
> sell my cards

to make this on-topic: are you quitting the game? or just selling of extras?
and your list isn't really legible (sp?)

Jeroen

Peter D Bakija wrote:
> Stefan Ferenci wrote:
>

>>i know its against the rules of this news group, but anyway i am going
>>to sell my cards if you are interessted check out my inventory here:
>

> Dude. Don't make me e-mail you the FAQ...
>

> Peter D Bakija
> pdb6@lightlink.com
> http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6
>
> "So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
> easily spilled liquids to naked people."
> -Brittni Meil

no need to mail it i know the faq

stefan

Stefan Ferenci wrote:

> no need to mail it i know the faq

Yeah, see, if you knew that FAQ, you'd know not to post sales posts. Which
is why the hassling. And the offers to mail it to you. As it points out the
no sales posts.

Stefan Ferenci wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i know its against the rules of this news group, but anyway i am going
> to sell my cards if you are interessted check out my inventory here:
>

> http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a9505860/card.html
>

> thanks stefan

It is against the rules and yet you still do it.....?

Thw combind word for you (8 letters) starts with D and ends with D. You
work it out.

Frogbear wrote:
> Stefan Ferenci wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i know its against the rules of this news group, but anyway i am going
>> to sell my cards if you are interessted check out my inventory here:
>>

>> http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a9505860/card.html
>>

>> thanks stefan
>

> It is against the rules and yet you still do it.....?
>
> Thw combind word for you (8 letters) starts with D and ends with D. You
> work it out.
cant figure it out please tell me

stefan

Andreas Nusser wrote:
> Peter D Bakija schrieb:
> > Stefan Ferenci wrote:
> >

> >>no need to mail it i know the faq
> >

> > Yeah, see, if you knew that FAQ, you'd know not to post sales posts. Which
> > is why the hassling. And the offers to mail it to you. As it points out the
> > no sales posts.
> >

> > Peter D Bakija
> > pdb6@lightlink.com
> > http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6
> >
> > "So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
> > easily spilled liquids to naked people."
> > -Brittni Meil
> >

> Peter,
>
> I am curious.
>
> What happens if someone just ignores the FAQ? (and no Stefan, I am not
> asking because of you, I am just curious:) )
>
> Andreas

If people like to be arrogant and very selfish, they act like this.
Actually they are farting in the general direction of everyone else on
this group..euchh!!, that post on this group according to what it is
meant for..(see FAQ).

Andreas wrote:
>What happens if someone just ignores the FAQ? (and no Stefan, I am not
>asking because of you, I am just curious:) )

We hassle them. As pointed out, usenet is a self regulating
environment--unless the newsgroup is moderated (some are, most
aren't--this one isn't) which means someone has to ok every post,
people post what they want. But if everyone goes flying off topic all
the time, the newsgroup ceases to be useful, as there is way too much
non-relevant discussion that no one wants to sift through, and as fewer
and fewer people become willing to sift through irrelevant information,
less relevant information is posted, and the newsgroup eventually
withers and dies, crushed under a pile of off topic drivel.

This newsgroup (rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad), when created, included
in its charter (which is in the newsgroup FAQ) the stipulation that
trade/sales posts were not to be part of the discussion, as there was
fear of such discussion overwhelming the newsgroup. As a result, trade
and sales posts aren't allowed, any more than lengthy discussions of
anything else off topic.

Is something going to happen if someone posts a sales/trade post, like
they will have their posting privledges revoked or something? No. But
they'll likely get hassled by people interested in keeping the
newsgroup in working order.

-Peter

Carl

"Stefan Ferenci" <nospam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
> Jeroen Rombouts wrote:
> > "Stefan Ferenci" <nospam@thankyou.com> schreef in bericht
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>i know its against the rules of this news group, but anyway i am going
> >>sell my cards
> >

> > to make this on-topic: are you quitting the game? or just selling of
extras?
> > and your list isn't really legible (sp?)
> >
> > Jeroen
> >

> your not gettin rid of me so easily ;-)

*plonk* yeah that was easy.

alamaise@hotmail.com schrieb:

>>Peter,
>>
>>I am curious.
>>
>>What happens if someone just ignores the FAQ? (and no Stefan, I am not
>>asking because of you, I am just curious:) )
>>
>>Andreas
>

> If people like to be arrogant and very selfish, they act like this.
> Actually they are farting in the general direction of everyone else on
> this group..euchh!!, that post on this group according to what it is
> meant for..(see FAQ).

I am more curious about consequense, if any! And I am more interested in
consequenses (if there are) other than personal consequenses like "we do
not like this and so on".

Andreas

Andreas Nusser wrote:
> alamaise@hotmail.com schrieb:
>> If people like to be arrogant and very selfish, they act like this.
>> Actually they are farting in the general direction of everyone else on
>> this group..euchh!!, that post on this group according to what it is
>> meant for..(see FAQ).
>

> I am more curious about consequense, if any! And I am more interested in
> consequenses (if there are) other than personal consequenses like "we do
> not like this and so on".

USENET is unregulated in that regard. There are no other consequences
(unless you count Prisoner's Dilemma consequences, self interest vs.
enlightened self interest, where this sort of thing signals the end
of USENET :).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Derek Ray schrieb:

> Parallel: When was the last time you saw someone get a ticket for
> littering?

That happens sometimes. At least in two major cities in my neighborhood.
The city administration hired people especially for writing trash
tickets. We call them "trashy cops".

Andreas

Jeroen Rombouts wrote:
> to make this on-topic: ...

Can a off-topic post become on-topic? ;-)

Alias wrote:
> if only the format

i already changed the format it should be better now

stefan

"LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
> Andreas Nusser wrote:
>> alamaise@hotmail.com schrieb:
>>> If people like to be arrogant and very selfish, they act like this.
>>> Actually they are farting in the general direction of everyone else on
>>> this group..euchh!!, that post on this group according to what it is
>>> meant for..(see FAQ).
>>
>> I am more curious about consequense, if any! And I am more interested in consequenses (if there are) other than personal
>> consequenses like "we do not like this and so on".
>
> USENET is unregulated in that regard. There are no other consequences

The age-old cry was always, "I'll report you to your network administrator
and you'll get your account removed!" It has been known to happen although
I suspect it happens a lot less in reality than in the claims of various
would-be net.cops who brag about it.

The main consequences to a regular poster are derision, loss of credibility,
and being wildly frowned upon. Hear about it and tremble.

Fred

Sascha wrote:
>And that's why you have the president you deserve.

Much like the original post of this thread, this sort of wildly off
topic and inflamatory posting is also not appropriate for this forum.

Hows about we all just move along here--Stefan, don't post sales posts
on the newsgroup. Sascha, don't post wildly random troll-bait. Everyone
else, let's just let the thread die and move along.

-Peter

In message <429f3815$0$12384$3b214f66@usenet.univie.ac.at>, Stefan
Ferenci <nospam@thankyou.com> writes:
>you know people, who are not able to see the difference between posting
>on a newsgroup about card sales (and hurting noone with it) and
>stealing or cheating (and therefore hurting other people), are plain
>and simple stupid.

And people who post card sales where they know they're not wanted are
intellectual giants, I'm sure. You are in no position to lecture anyone
about being stupid.

It may also be worth noting that people often refuse to buy from
spammers.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

<pdb6@lightlink.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hows about we all just move along here--Stefan, don't post sales posts
> on the newsgroup. Sascha, don't post wildly random troll-bait. Everyone
> else, let's just let the thread die and move along.

Agreed.

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 00:13:22 -0700, Frederick Scott
<nospam@no.spam.dot.com> wrote:

> The main consequences to a regular poster are derision, loss of
> credibility,
> and being wildly frowned upon. Hear about it and tremble.

*trembles*

--
Bye,

Daneel

"Stefan Ferenci" <nospam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> i know its against the rules of this news group, but anyway i am going to
> sell my cards if you are interessted check out my inventory here:
>

> http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a9505860/card.html
>

> thanks stefan

You know, people generally associate people who can not follow simple rules
with those capable of breaking more serious rules such as theft, fraud and
the like.

I never have nor ever will buy from somoene who posts sales on newsgroups
that do not allow it because more often than not, they are not the type of
people you want to hand your money to and hope you will actually get
anything back.

You may not be a thief or a fraud, but your conduct here is not a huge
character reference.

Oh, and your prices are not even cheap (I had to look to see how desperate
you were). :p

Nvim wrote:

> You know, people generally associate people who can not follow simple rules
> with those capable of breaking more serious rules such as theft, fraud and
> the like.

you know people, who are not able to see the difference between posting
on a newsgroup about card sales (and hurting noone with it) and stealing
or cheating (and therefore hurting other people), are plain and simple
stupid. that you write something like this, shows me your limited mental
capabilities.

cheers mate