Blu Ray playback Software - which one?

turtl3

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2005
OK, I bought a blu ray drive for my system (running Windows 7 Pro, simple set-up with 3 core proc. HDCP complaint ATI graphic card and a HDCP monitor)... I built this simple system for watching movies and printing films while I screen print.

SO, I thought I'd get a Blu-Ray Drive from Newegg; it came with PowerDVD 8 - but it's a limited version, it says it plays in 2 channel (which begs the question what is the point of that for BluRay) - I want something that will give me all 5.1 of my channels...

Any suggestions on Software? which program is really the better?

Thanks
Mike

I agree with buwish's suggestion although I am running a media center setup with imaged movies on my hard drive. It upconverts standard dvd to HD and is a top notch software imo. If your use is just to play blu-ray on your computer and you could card less about other features then you could look for a cheaper alternate route.

If you are looking for a feature rich, easy to use player with quality 2nd to none theres only one choice and thats cyberlinks powerdvd 10. Since I found this player 3+ years ago I haven't wanted to try another player, but thats for my needs and not necessarily for yours.

Read the charts and decide what you need:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/compare-retail_en_US.html