[Deck ] Enkidu Trophy

Deck Name : Enkidu Trophy
Author : Norman S. Brown Jr
Description :
My first attempt to turn Enkidu into a Trophy bearer.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 5 max: 11 average: 8

5x Enkidu, The Noah 11 ANI CEL OBF POT PRO for !Gangrel:4
2x Mustafa, The Heir 6 FOR PRE cel dom prince Ventrue:4
2x Pug Jackson 6 CEL POT for pre primogen Brujah:3
2x Shawnda Dorrit 6 CEL obt pot pre priscus !Brujah:4
1x Dr. Julius Sutphen 5 POT dom obt bishop Lasombra:3

Library [90 cards]

Action [8]
8x Red List

Action Modifier [6]
3x Forced March
3x Freak Drive

Combat [45]
5x Blur
6x Bone Spur
9x Carrion Crows
6x Form of Mist
5x Pulled Fangs
6x Skin of Steel
8x Taste of Vitae

Master [19]
4x Blood Doll
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
2x Dummy Corporation
1x Fortitude
1x Information Highway
1x Rack, The
2x Trophy: Domain
2x Trophy: Hunting Ground
1x Trophy: Retainers
3x Zillah's Valley

Political Action [2]
2x Rumors of Gehenna

Reaction [3]
3x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Retainer [7]
1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
1x Jackie Therman
3x Raven Spy
1x Robert Carter
1x Tasha Morgan

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Fri Jun 03 09:49:39 2005]

> 2x Trophy: Domain
> 2x Trophy: Hunting Ground
> 1x Trophy: Retainers

How about a Trophy: Diablerie, or a few copies of Rebirth?

Otherwise, even with those titled vamps, Enkidu will burn!

-John

XZealot wrote:
> Enkidu Hits you hands for 3, Blur, Hands for 3, Hands for 3, Bone Spur. If
> you have 7 or less blood on you, then you burn.

Not if you have 2 or 5 blood. The punch for 3 (the second one, in the
case of 5) will send you to torpor, aggravated or not. No subsequent
additional strikes will be made (since combat will end). No burn.

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

Google's a bit quirkier than normal today, sorry.

"LSJ" <vtesrep@white-wolf.com> wrote in message
> Google's a bit quirkier than normal today, sorry.

Okay, you spammer. ;P

there are also Carrion Crows included in the deck for that extra bit of
damage to push you over the top.

You are right, in that you are still safe if you have 2 blood. Of course
being in torpor is never really "safe".

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

"XZealot" <x_zealot@NoSpamcox-internet.com> wrote in message

> "LSJ" <vtesrep@white-wolf.com> wrote in message
>> Google's a bit quirkier than normal today, sorry.
>
> Okay, you spammer. ;P
>
> there are also Carrion Crows included in the deck for that extra bit of
> damage to push you over the top.
>
> You are right, in that you are still safe if you have 2 blood. Of course
> being in torpor is never really "safe".

I don't know about that last part pal. You still get burned if you have 2
blood and Enkidu plays Carrion Crows and Claws of the Dead.

What an idiot.

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

Instead of the agg to burn, why not this combat module

Hit for 3, disarm, decapitate
or
Hit for 3, disarm, amaranth

The last one can be bolstered by Fueled by Heart's Blood which you can
fetch with Forschitt Library.

Grapples, blur and pang to taste, but mainly just the disarm/amaranth
or decapitate would work wonders. Amaranth especially since Enkidu
would be constantly topping up any blood. Hell, even Talons of the
dead/amaranth.

--> J

XZealot wrote:
> Deck Name : Enkidu Trophy
> Author : Norman S. Brown Jr
> Description :
> My first attempt to turn Enkidu into a Trophy bearer.
>

> Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 5 max: 11 average: 8
>
> 5x Enkidu, The Noah 11 ANI CEL OBF POT PRO for !Gangrel:4
> 2x Mustafa, The Heir 6 FOR PRE cel dom prince Ventrue:4
> 2x Pug Jackson 6 CEL POT for pre primogen Brujah:3
> 2x Shawnda Dorrit 6 CEL obt pot pre priscus !Brujah:4
> 1x Dr. Julius Sutphen 5 POT dom obt bishop Lasombra:3
>

> Library [90 cards]
>
> Action [8]
> 8x Red List
>
> Action Modifier [6]
> 3x Forced March
> 3x Freak Drive
>
> Combat [45]
> 5x Blur
> 6x Bone Spur
> 9x Carrion Crows
> 6x Form of Mist
> 5x Pulled Fangs
> 6x Skin of Steel
> 8x Taste of Vitae
>
> Master [19]
> 4x Blood Doll
> 2x Dreams of the Sphinx
> 2x Dummy Corporation
> 1x Fortitude
> 1x Information Highway
> 1x Rack, The
> 2x Trophy: Domain
> 2x Trophy: Hunting Ground
> 1x Trophy: Retainers
> 3x Zillah's Valley
>
> Political Action [2]
> 2x Rumors of Gehenna
>
> Reaction [3]
> 3x Wake with Evening's Freshness
>
> Retainer [7]
> 1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
> 1x Jackie Therman
> 3x Raven Spy
> 1x Robert Carter
> 1x Tasha Morgan
>

> Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Fri Jun 03 09:49:39 2005]

I see two problems:

1) Making sure you have valid targets (low cap titled vamps).

2) Getting the Red List action through.

Sten During

"Sten During" <yappo@netg.se> wrote in message
> XZealot wrote:
>> Deck Name : Enkidu Trophy
>> Author : Norman S. Brown Jr
>> Description :
>> My first attempt to turn Enkidu into a Trophy bearer.
>>

>> Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 5 max: 11 average: 8
>>
>> 5x Enkidu, The Noah 11 ANI CEL OBF POT PRO for !Gangrel:4
>> 2x Mustafa, The Heir 6 FOR PRE cel dom prince Ventrue:4
>> 2x Pug Jackson 6 CEL POT for pre primogen Brujah:3
>> 2x Shawnda Dorrit 6 CEL obt pot pre priscus !Brujah:4
>> 1x Dr. Julius Sutphen 5 POT dom obt bishop Lasombra:3
>>

>> Library [90 cards]
>>
>> Action [8]
>> 8x Red List
>>
>> Action Modifier [6]
>> 3x Forced March
>> 3x Freak Drive
>>
>> Combat [45]
>> 5x Blur
>> 6x Bone Spur
>> 9x Carrion Crows
>> 6x Form of Mist
>> 5x Pulled Fangs
>> 6x Skin of Steel
>> 8x Taste of Vitae
>>
>> Master [19]
>> 4x Blood Doll
>> 2x Dreams of the Sphinx
>> 2x Dummy Corporation
>> 1x Fortitude
>> 1x Information Highway
>> 1x Rack, The
>> 2x Trophy: Domain
>> 2x Trophy: Hunting Ground
>> 1x Trophy: Retainers
>> 3x Zillah's Valley
>>
>> Political Action [2]
>> 2x Rumors of Gehenna
>>
>> Reaction [3]
>> 3x Wake with Evening's Freshness
>>
>> Retainer [7]
>> 1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
>> 1x Jackie Therman
>> 3x Raven Spy
>> 1x Robert Carter
>> 1x Tasha Morgan
>>

>> Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Fri Jun 03 09:49:39 2005]
>>

> I see two problems:
>
> 1) Making sure you have valid targets (low cap titled vamps).

What I need for targets are low cap untitled vamps. They are usually in
plentiful supply.

> 2) Getting the Red List action through.

Very True, although most players don't block them. I have had success with
Trumped up charges as most players are in favor of a permanent Haven
Uncovered after I am ousted. :)
--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

"J" <grail_j@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Instead of the agg to burn, why not this combat module
>
> Hit for 3, disarm, decapitate
> or
> Hit for 3, disarm, amaranth

Disarm makes you wait until the end of the round to knock them into torpor.
That gives them time to addtional strike against you or agg you as well.

> The last one can be bolstered by Fueled by Heart's Blood which you can
> fetch with Forschitt Library.

I haven't been able to pull this one off. I have tried. 11cap= no spare
master slots, since you are desprately trying to shore up your position
while you influence out Enkindu

XZealot wrote:
> "Sten During" <yappo@netg.se> wrote in message

>>I see two problems:
>>
>>1) Making sure you have valid targets (low cap titled vamps).
>

> What I need for targets are low cap untitled vamps. They are usually in
> plentiful supply.

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant you have low cap titled vamps. After red
listing one weenie your opponents might just decide to skip influencing
out more cannon fodder.

>>2) Getting the Red List action through.
>

> Very True, although most players don't block them. I have had success with
> Trumped up charges as most players are in favor of a permanent Haven
> Uncovered after I am ousted. :)

Ah, but this is slightly different. Trumped up charges runs at +1
stealth, and the referendum is more likely to be a matter of making
deals, whereas Red List is blunt, to the point and at zero stealth.

I tried a Red List deck last tournament -- to little avail. Players
not already on the verge of getting ousted blocked each and every
attempt, and that meant blocking gun equipped vampires which as often
as not meant a torporized blocker.
Of course, having Trophies on the table may have made it a bit too
obvious what would happen should I ever make the diablerie :)

> XZealot wrote:
>> "Sten During" <yappo@netg.se> wrote in message
>

>>>I see two problems:
>>>
>>>1) Making sure you have valid targets (low cap titled vamps).
>>

>> What I need for targets are low cap untitled vamps. They are usually in
>> plentiful supply.
>
> Sorry, I was unclear. I meant you have low cap titled vamps. After red
> listing one weenie your opponents might just decide to skip influencing
> out more cannon fodder.

Usually, one is all you need to guarantee that you kill your first prey. I
have seriously been considering adding Gambit Accepted to this deck because
of that.

>>>2) Getting the Red List action through.
>>

>> Very True, although most players don't block them. I have had success
>> with Trumped up charges as most players are in favor of a permanent Haven
>> Uncovered after I am ousted. :)
>
> Ah, but this is slightly different. Trumped up charges runs at +1
> stealth, and the referendum is more likely to be a matter of making
> deals, whereas Red List is blunt, to the point and at zero stealth.
>
> I tried a Red List deck last tournament -- to little avail. Players
> not already on the verge of getting ousted blocked each and every
> attempt, and that meant blocking gun equipped vampires which as often
> as not meant a torporized blocker.
> Of course, having Trophies on the table may have made it a bit too
> obvious what would happen should I ever make the diablerie :)

Don't get discouraged. I ran a Trumped Up Charges Deck with G1-2 Nossie
Royalty and Basilia as the beat stick. I managed 1 G.W. in two different
qualifiers with it. Don't forget to add stuff that ousts your prey, Parity
Shifts, Banishments, etc, etc.
--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

XZealot wrote:

> Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 5 max: 11 average: 8

Actually, your non-Enkidu vamps have the following stats in your deck:
> 2x Mustafa, The Heir 6 FOR cel prince Ventrue:4
> 2x Pug Jackson 6 CEL for primogen Brujah:3
> 2x Shawnda Dorrit 6 CEL priscus !Brujah:4
> 1x Dr. Julius Sutphen 5 ---- bishop Lasombra:3

They aren't going to do much, are they?

> Library [90 cards]
>
> Action [8]
> 8x Red List
>
> Action Modifier [6]
> 3x Forced March
> 3x Freak Drive
>
> Combat [45]
> 5x Blur
> 6x Bone Spur
> 9x Carrion Crows
> 6x Form of Mist
> 5x Pulled Fangs
> 6x Skin of Steel
> 8x Taste of Vitae

Why do you use Bone Spurs? Aren't Claws of the Dead better in most
cases?

> Master [19]
> 4x Blood Doll
> 2x Dreams of the Sphinx
> 2x Dummy Corporation
> 1x Fortitude
> 1x Information Highway
> 1x Rack, The
> 2x Trophy: Domain
> 2x Trophy: Hunting Ground
> 1x Trophy: Retainers
> 3x Zillah's Valley

Not sure about the second copies of Trophies. Do you plan to hand extra
copies to the other players?

> Retainer [7]
> 1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
> 1x Jackie Therman
> 3x Raven Spy
> 1x Robert Carter
> 1x Tasha Morgan

I like the retainers, but I'd added one Owl Companion. Things become
much simpler when you know what it's going on.

I have an idea that might be interesting to you. What about using some
!Malks to provide votes, bounce bleeds and play Sibyl's Tongues? You'll
be able to fetch Fueled by Heart's Blood and, possibly, even Regent. In
such deck, you could really play Amaranth in the large numbers!

Sample crypt:

5 Enkidu
2 Shawnda Dorritt 6 priscus CEL (pot)
2 Marie Faucigny 7 archbishop AUS OBF
2 General Perfidio Dios 5 bishop AUS obf
1 Roger Farnsworth 4 ---- OBF

Actually, I'm going to build this deck for my next newsletter. What do
you think about the idea? Is it good, strange, or just insane?

Yours,
Ector

Morgan Vening wrote:
> On 17 Jun 2005 10:27:25 -0700, "Ector" <Ector@mail.ru> wrote:
>
> >> Combat [45]
> >> 5x Blur
> >> 6x Bone Spur
> >
> >Why do you use Bone Spurs? Aren't Claws of the Dead better in most
> >cases?
>
> I would assume for the Blur listed above it. Bone Spur + Blur = 3
> strikes of 3 Agg to prevent or dodge or go to torpor. Essentially,
> Skin of Steel/Rolling, or go to torpor regardless of DP.
>
> Morgan Vening

OK, Bone Spur may be better against these cards, but only if your
opponent has them AND you have Blur or press. IMHO, an optional
maneuver from Claws of the Dead can generally help you much better.
Even without Blur hitting for 3 + Taste of Vitae is much better than
being pulverized from a Magnum at long range.

Yours,
Ector

On 18 Jun 2005 02:02:10 -0700, "Ector" <Ector@mail.ru> scrawled:

>> >Why do you use Bone Spurs? Aren't Claws of the Dead better in most
>> >cases?
>>
>> I would assume for the Blur listed above it. Bone Spur + Blur = 3
>> strikes of 3 Agg to prevent or dodge or go to torpor. Essentially,
>> Skin of Steel/Rolling, or go to torpor regardless of DP.
>>
>> Morgan Vening
>
>OK, Bone Spur may be better against these cards, but only if your
>opponent has them AND you have Blur or press. IMHO, an optional
>maneuver from Claws of the Dead can generally help you much better.
>Even without Blur hitting for 3 + Taste of Vitae is much better than
>being pulverized from a Magnum at long range.

also, claws last the whole round. which is to say blurs work with
them.

it's for pressing when you want to have bone spur.

salem
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

Carl

"Derek Ray" <lorimer@yahoo.com> wrote
> Trap + superior Bone Spur = S:CE, kill me first, or die. Add Flesh of
> Marble into this mix, and option "B" becomes noticeably less feasible.
> Many vampires with Protean also have this "Fortitude" thing, further
> helping decrease the probability of situation "B".

Can you press a torpored vamp?