Trophy: Diablerie

Type: Master
Master. Trophy.
The vampire with this card gets +2 stealth when attempting diablerie.
Blood hunts cannot be called against this vampire. If this vampire
successfully diablerizes another vampire, burn this card at the end of
the action.

Some small questions, to get things right. (It is important that LSJ
has ruled that the Blood hunt is no part of the diablerie action, but
it happens at the time of the action, so the end of the action is after
the getting of the trophys.

- The normal case would be: Vamp X diablerizes Red List Vamp Y, he
takes the Trophy, is immune to the blood hunt. At the end of the
action, the Trophy is burned.

- What happens if you have more than one Trophy: Diablerie. You could
get them, if they were played out in the master phase. All are burned
per card text?!

- Same happens if you diablerize by blocking a rescue action of a red
list minion. Card text talks about end of the action, not of a
Diablerie action.

- So the only way to have the trophy at your minion and use it for
diablerizing a non red list minion, is to burn a red list minion in
combat (no diablerie). Then you can get the trophy and use it later.

x5mofr@gmx.de wrote:
> - The normal case would be: Vamp X diablerizes Red List Vamp Y, he
> takes the Trophy, is immune to the blood hunt. At the end of the
> action, the Trophy is burned.

Yep.

> - What happens if you have more than one Trophy: Diablerie. You could
> get them, if they were played out in the master phase. All are burned
> per card text?!

Yep. Wouldn't do that. =P

> - Same happens if you diablerize by blocking a rescue action of a red
> list minion. Card text talks about end of the action, not of a
> Diablerie action.

At the end of the action (that you blocked), the Troph(y|ies) would
burn. It's still the end of the action in which diablerie took place.

> - So the only way to have the trophy at your minion and use it for
> diablerizing a non red list minion, is to burn a red list minion in
> combat (no diablerie). Then you can get the trophy and use it later.

Mostly. You could burn the Red List minion without diablerie (via a lot
of agg damage, or that Obtenebration card I can't recall that burns
anyone going to torpor, or decapitate, or...)

--Colin McGuigan

x5mofr@gmx.de wrote:
> Trophy: Diablerie
> Type: Master
> Master. Trophy.
> The vampire with this card gets +2 stealth when attempting diablerie.
> Blood hunts cannot be called against this vampire. If this vampire
> successfully diablerizes another vampire, burn this card at the end of
> the action.
>

> - The normal case would be: Vamp X diablerizes Red List Vamp Y, he
> takes the Trophy, is immune to the blood hunt. At the end of the
> action, the Trophy is burned.

This I think would be more then the "normal" case. So long as you have
a single Trphy: Diablarie in your deck, and you're diablarising red
list minions (which is quite easy with dominate, I red list minion A,
who can't block, and seduce minion B) you are effectively immune to
blood hunts (of course you could always just call an archon, but a
single card theat can't be stopped, and can be fished from anywhere
when needed, is infinitely a lot better then a political card that can
be voted down/removed) with the added benifit you can get any other
trophy that happens to be in play at that time. Occasionally you may
burn a minion in combat (anaethema, sweet anaethema) and get the added
benifit of +1 stealth for the action, but if you are going to insist on
diablarising, you may want something a little more solid then this to
get it through.

You may want to consider a combination of Depravity/Trophy Diablarie,
oh so nasty... in so many ways.

-Bem