joe_piggott

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2002
I am currently having troubles with my computer running Unreal Tornament and Red Faction. The game speed of these two games are quite slow, although the frame rate is fine. Moving the mouse to look around the picture is fine, but when trying to move forward it moves at a crippling pace, and so is the game (combat, etc). Other games such as Quake, and Warcraft III run perfect.

I am running a Celron 1Gig, with a 64MB GeForce2 MX400, Creative SB Live 5.1, and Windows XP.

Help!

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
so the framerate is high and the gamespeed is low? and you know the framerate is high becase... r u using an fps counter? does it feel like when you press a key or use the mouse that it lags, and dosnt respond to your input quickly? this can be due to a number of things, but most are associated with low framerates, however this lag can become noticeable at like 40 fps or under in some cases. if this is the case, i can help you, besides making sure the framerate is fine, heres what you can do to speed up input response: well, first of all it matters what graphics card you have, but basically, in your desktops settings menu (right click), under advanced and under your graphics cards properties, or possibly device/monitor/display adapter u should reduce the "pre-render" limit in open gl or d3d, whichever you use, if youre not sure, do it for both. im pretty sure default is 3, if youre experiencing a severe case of "controller lag", change these values to 1. if you have an nvidia card, and cant find these settings in the properties menu, that may be because it is locked up. in this case you should download Riva Tuner, and change these values in that program. hope this helps. email me at leemspencer@mindspring.com, i am also on msn messenger by that address.

The first LAN party I went to was at a PETA convention. They booted me when I shot a crab in HL!

NialM

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2001
Consider getting a CPU with a "real" floating-point math processor.

-N-

<b><font color=blue>Paramedics - Does this mean there is always two of them ?</font color=blue></b>