Anyone ever actually played Epic levels?

More than once? God, they should pay me to DM once the APL hits 18,
much less 21. D&D becomes incredibly unfun at these levels, at least
for the DM.

1st level next week! I'm so happy.
35 answers Last reply
More about anyone played epic levels

    Martin Feller wrote:
    > More than once? God, they should pay me to DM once the APL hits 18,
    > much less 21. D&D becomes incredibly unfun at these levels, at least
    > for the DM.

    Why do you say that?

    I've never actually run epic rules (except pre 3e). Was going to run
    some pre game battles just to see how it works, but I haven't been able
    to get everyone togeather for a game for almost a month now.

    They rules look pretty clunky to me, and there just don't seem to be
    enough challenges at that level. Speaking of that, any know of any 3.5
    epic modules?

    - Justisaur

    Alien mind control rays made Martin Feller <martinfeller@sxfxcxgxlxoxbxaxlx.nxext> write:
    > More than once? God, they should pay me to DM once the APL hits 18,
    > much less 21. D&D becomes incredibly unfun at these levels, at least
    > for the DM.

    my group's just reached level 18 in the last couple of sessions. so
    far, its not really that much different than 17. :P i've never paid
    much attention to tailoring challenges to the party's level, and see no
    reason for that to change now. some melees are cakewalks, some are
    brutal (though these are obviously fewer). i've been trying to force
    them into more big-picture playing, but so far that's only resulted in
    one uber-artifact falling into the hands of the last demon of the
    cosmos. oh well, at least one of them seems motivated to clean it up,
    so that'll be fun, too.

    --
    \^\ // drow@bin.sh (CARRIER LOST) <http://www.bin.sh/>
    \ // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    My group just hit 16th-17th level, and we're having a great time. We
    like the campaign plot. We like the roleplay. We also like all the
    neat things we can do. Our wizard was thrilled she was casting
    Prismatic Spray and Chain Lightning. She's now ecstatic she can cast
    Mordenkainen'd Disjuction. Our tank is happy he's "finished" his War
    Mind Prestige Class. Our rogue loves all his sneak attack dice and
    rogue special abilities like crippling strike and improved evasion.

    As for myself, I'm happy my cleric can Heal and Harm for a change. I
    can now cast Holy Aura. With GM permission of 3.0 Persistant Spell, I
    now have Persistant Divine Favor/Persistant Divine Power to back up the
    tank when needed. This is the first time any of us have reached such
    levels of play. We can dish out and get dished back. We love it.

    A few sessions ago, when I was only able to cast up to 7th level
    spells, while I was away for a session, the party did have a TPK. Two
    characters were dead, one Imprisoned, and one taken captive. My
    character "wasn't there", so I was able to do something about this when
    I got back. I had access to special scrolls such that I could cast
    spells above my allowed level without a problem, but I had to spend any
    XP cost or expensive material components. I used a Greater Planar Ally
    scroll to call for an Astral Deva and a scroll of Miracle to save my
    party. It cost me 5,500 XP, but it was worth it. It was a thrilling
    feeling to save my party and to do so with such powerful means.

    I can't wait for Epic Levels. I'm excitedly waiting for when I can
    have Persistant Find The Path!

    Gerald Katz

    Martin Feller wrote:
    > More than once? God, they should pay me to DM once the APL hits 18,
    > much less 21. D&D becomes incredibly unfun at these levels, at least
    > for the DM.

    My last game couldn't USE D&D rules because epic isn't powerful
    enough. I may drop down far enough to use them the next time I run.

    --
    Sea Wasp
    /^\

    "Sea Wasp" <seawaspobvious@obvioussgeinc.com> wrote in message
    > Martin Feller wrote:
    >> More than once? God, they should pay me to DM once the APL hits 18,
    >> much less 21. D&D becomes incredibly unfun at these levels, at
    >> least for the DM.
    >>

    > My last game couldn't USE D&D rules because epic isn't powerful
    > enough. I may drop down far enough to use them the next time I run.

    I didn't say high-powered games aren't fun... I like a good cosmic
    storyline myself. I just don't think D&D is at all an appropriate
    system to run them.

    Martin Feller wrote:
    > Most depressing moment from our last game: the party's cleric got
    > three crits and two regular hits in on an advanced solar. He's huge,
    > was enlarged to gargantuan, using power attack and a greatsword. He
    > did over 700 points of damage before DR. I just goggled.

    Well, in and of itself ~700 damage is quite nice at levels around 20 -
    30. But look at what you wrote: three critical hits, and two regular
    hits. That means five attacks, that all hit, plus three confirmation
    rolls that also all succeeded.

    I do not know the exact numbers involved, but with three criticals and
    two hits from a greatsword, each "normal" greatsword blow has to be
    doing 90-ish damage on average to reach 700+ damage total. Let's
    speculate. Give him, say, Str 50? He was Gargantuan after all. That's
    +20 Str bonus, so +30 damage right there on a double-handed weapon. A
    Gargantuan greatsword does, what, 6d6 damage? (A Large greatsword =
    3d6, Huge 3d6 -> 3d8, Gargantuan 3d8 -> 6d6. I think.) Another expected
    ~21 damage (and 8 x 6d6 = 48d6 really WILL average out to ~168). Give
    him, say, +20 damage from various sources (enhancement, luck, morale,
    whatever). Meaning he needs another ~20 Power Attack damage, so, say, a
    -10 penalty. Give or take.

    If a Gargantuan (-4 size penalty) Cleric (medium BAB) takes a -10 Power
    Attack Penalty and still manages to hit 5 times in a row (out of which
    at least 3 have to be 17+ even IF he has Improved Critical or a Keen
    weapon) plus 3 confirmations, even with his lowest iterative (-15)
    attack, either something really IS wrong with the ACs involved, or he
    was just lucky. In which case, more power to him!

    > isn't *anything* you can throw at that... short of giving the players
    > a menu of deific beings and letting them put together a couple
    > courses. Sure, some of the higher CR monsters have big enough ACs that
    > power attacking isn't as viable, but then you've just switched, "The
    > PCs need to not roll ones" to, "the monsters just need to not roll
    > ones." It was literally the last dice throw of the campaign, as I
    > deus-exed an ending to the campaign on the spot.

    *shrugs* Of course you can throw things at that. ACs need not be *so*
    friggin' high that only a carefully-timed charge by the main melee
    character (who can then not afford to take any Power Attack / Combat
    Expertise penalties) when an ally is flanking would require 'only' a 19
    instead of a natural 20 to hit. On the other end of the spectrum, if
    with -20 penalties even the Wizard is still hitting on a 5+, you might
    want to make some adjustments.

    Use hit-and-run. Full attack with Mr. Solar, THEN Greater Teleport away
    (using Quicken Spell-Like Ability). Be immune to criticals (saving you
    ~250 - 300 damage right there). Impose a miss chance of some kind
    (Greater Blink from Complete Arcane for example, or concealment of some
    kind). Trap the Cleric in a Forcecage. Up your AC. Use Mirror Image.

    That said... you're completely right, preparing for high-level really
    DOES take a lot more time than preparing for low-level, especially if
    you have combat oriented games. My players just hit ECL 20, and with
    some 'extras' and the fact there's 5 PCs and an NPC in the party, an EL
    21 - 22 encounter is a 'normal' one for them. I expect to throw four of
    those at them in a row without them breaking a sweat. Too bad each one
    requires quite some preparation on my side (but then again, I love
    doing that).

    Urrgghhhh - I always feel that uber high level books/mods are more for
    reading on the toilet than actually playing.

    I been at DnD since, errrrr, 1981 ish, and the highest PC I have ever
    had was a 16th level Paladin (started in about 1982, still "on hold
    btw)

    In the Campaign I am currently DMing, we play for a few weeks then have
    breaks and do other campaigns. Its the 1st 3ed campaign I have run -
    the PCs are all 4-5th level.... I will let you know what happens when I
    get to use my eouc handbook.

    Martin Feller wrote:
    > "Sea Wasp" <seawaspobvious@obvioussgeinc.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Martin Feller wrote:
    >>
    >>>More than once? God, they should pay me to DM once the APL hits 18,
    >>>much less 21. D&D becomes incredibly unfun at these levels, at
    >>>least for the DM.
    >>>

    >>My last game couldn't USE D&D rules because epic isn't powerful
    >>enough. I may drop down far enough to use them the next time I run.
    >

    > I didn't say high-powered games aren't fun... I like a good cosmic
    > storyline myself. I just don't think D&D is at all an appropriate
    > system to run them.

    I don't see any particular problem with it -- though I'm strongly
    tempted to mod it by using the Slayers d20 rules, mostly.

    Long combats are appropriate if the foes are worthy.

    --
    Sea Wasp
    /^\

    Murf wrote:
    > Urrgghhhh - I always feel that uber high level books/mods are more for
    > reading on the toilet than actually playing.

    Well, yes and no.

    There's nothing wrong with epic-level campaigns in general. But D&D
    just falls apart at Epic levels. The power curves of the various
    classes diverge wildly after level 20 (well, after level 15, really,
    but it becomes really ridiculous after level 20), and the design of the
    Epic level stuff is of much lower quality than the rest of the D&D
    rules.

    If you want to play with characters of truly earth-shattering power, I
    really do suggest a different system. I like Exalted, for instance
    (haven't had much experience with it, but it looks a lot better than
    D&D at that power level). Shadowrun is pretty good for epic cyberpunk
    (though it does have its own set of balance issues). And Mutants and
    Masterminds looks interesting for epic superhero stuff (haven't ever
    played it, though).

    Laszlo

    Hadsil wrote:
    > My group just hit 16th-17th level, and we're having a great time. We
    > like the campaign plot. We like the roleplay. We also like all the
    > neat things we can do.

    Anyone cast the Time Stop spell yet? If so, do you find it a problem at
    all?

    "Hadsil" <forumite@netzero.com> wrote in message
    > Our wizard was thrilled...

    > Our tank is happy...

    > Our rogue loves all his...

    > I'm happy my cleric can...

    See, there it is. I'm pretty sure my players were having fun as well.
    How's your DM holding up?

    Martin Feller wrote:
    > "Hadsil" <forumite@netzero.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Our wizard was thrilled...
    >

    >>Our tank is happy...
    >

    >>Our rogue loves all his...
    >

    >>I'm happy my cleric can...
    >

    > See, there it is. I'm pretty sure my players were having fun as well.
    > How's your DM holding up?

    Can't speak for his, but every time my players have been having fun,
    I have fun. That's one of the major points of the game, you know.

    --
    Sea Wasp
    /^\

    chaoslight@gmail.com wrote:

    > If you want to play with characters of truly earth-shattering power, I
    > really do suggest a different system.

    Probably wise. For experienced groups that trust each other, I
    strongly recommend using the AMBER system (just tweak/add powers as
    appropriate). It's what we've based our really high power games on.

    --
    Sea Wasp
    /^\

    > Martin Feller wrote:
    >> "Hadsil" <forumite@netzero.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Our wizard was thrilled...
    >>

    >>>Our tank is happy...
    >>

    >>>Our rogue loves all his...
    >>

    >>>I'm happy my cleric can...
    >>

    >> See, there it is. I'm pretty sure my players were having fun as
    >> well. How's your DM holding up?
    >
    > Can't speak for his, but every time my players have been having fun,
    > I have fun. That's one of the major points of the game, you know.

    Well, I'm not exactly sitting there with a look of pain on my face...
    just eyeing the boardgames and wargames on the wall, looking wistfully
    at orcs and minor undead as I page past them in the MM, pining for the
    smell of freshly printed characters sheets, etc.

    Justisaur wrote:
    > Martin Feller wrote:
    > > More than once? God, they should pay me to DM once the APL hits 18,
    > > much less 21. D&D becomes incredibly unfun at these levels, at least
    > > for the DM.
    > >

    > Why do you say that?

    Try building several NPCs and their possesions at the epic levels. It
    takes a while in paperwork to build them up, which in some campaigns
    can be a major drain of time for the DM.

    Also, as you said in this post, making challenges which don't extend
    into fighting gods and such is pretty tough. Some things (like the
    hecontiares (sp?) and prismatic dragons) have insane stats which are
    even tougher than many deities. Killing a god might seem fun in an
    action game like _God of War_ for Playstation 2 (where simple traps can
    kill what is no doubt an epic character), but in D&D, the characters
    (if their players are half smart) are effectively unkillable at 18+
    level.

    DougL wrote:

    > WotC PRODUCED The Primal Order, which was an entire game-
    > meta system for playing characters more powerful than
    > D&D3.x Epic characters!

    I've thought about using Primal to beef up Epic types. Something along
    the lines of 1 point of base per level squared maybe (i.e 21st gets 1,
    22nd has 4, 23rd has 9, etc.) This would easily have a nice progression
    up through 30 or 40th lv. Powerful gods would have to be something
    rediculous though like 100 or 200th lv (assuming I made base only
    gained through levels). Not that that's necessarily a bad idea.
    Wouldn't really work very well with typical Monster HD though,
    generally that's as much as 2x CR So a CR 30 monster might have 60 HD
    which would give it 2500 base compared to a lv 30 4 person party with
    400 each or 1600 total - that would be pretty hard to overcome
    (although they might be able to get more flux with woshipers or
    something depending on how you want to deal with that mechanic).

    I did use primal back in 2e days, I rather liked it. I never really
    liked the 'owning a plane' requirement though so dropped that and came
    up with other methods of gaining it.

    - Justisaur

    Martin Feller wrote:
    > "Hadsil" <forumite@netzero.com> wrote in message
    > > Our wizard was thrilled...
    >
    > > Our tank is happy...
    >
    > > Our rogue loves all his...
    >
    > > I'm happy my cleric can...
    >
    > See, there it is. I'm pretty sure my players were having fun as well.
    > How's your DM holding up?

    No problem at all. A few sessions ago he had a face the epic monster
    Devastation Beetle, a bit toned down, just to see what we were capable
    of. There was no way we could defeat it at our level and we weren't
    even close when the combat ended (NPC used a Wish from a staff to call
    forth the Tarrasque to fight it. A bit Deus Ex Machina but acceptable
    and appropriate for our particular game circumstances.)

    In any case, we weren't really meant to defeat it. What he was
    impressed was with what we did and the fact that no one died. He liked
    out tank dishing it out. He liked our wizard goin all out casting her
    spells doing what she can. He liked our rogue thinking outside the box
    trying to find who was controlling the Devastation Beetle. He liked me
    dishing out the spell as well but more for my playing support. He was
    imressed with my Shield Other on the tank. It literally saved his life
    on all attacks the beetle made against him, even though both of us
    still had to make saving throws for taking over 50 points of damage
    from one attack.

    Last session we fought an Epic Fighter. Our rogue was killed (later
    Resurrected) but we did well enough to force the fighter to retreat.
    Biased and bragging I may be, but our group has excellent team work.
    We're not perfect, but we do quite well.

    The DM does agree this campaign is quite high powered even before we
    reached our current levels. Everyone was fine with it and having fun,
    which is the whole point. Next campaign he is going to tone it down a
    bit. We're ok with that too. We are going to play into epic levels
    this campaign. It will be relaxing to start over at 1st level with new
    characters the next campaign when the time comes.

    Gerald Katz

    chaoslight@gmail.com wrote:
    > Murf wrote:
    > > Urrgghhhh - I always feel that uber high level books/mods are more for
    > > reading on the toilet than actually playing.
    >
    > Well, yes and no.
    >
    > There's nothing wrong with epic-level campaigns in general. But D&D
    > just falls apart at Epic levels. The power curves of the various
    > classes diverge wildly after level 20 (well, after level 15, really,
    > but it becomes really ridiculous after level 20), and the design of the
    > Epic level stuff is of much lower quality than the rest of the D&D
    > rules.
    >
    > If you want to play with characters of truly earth-shattering power, I
    > really do suggest a different system. I like Exalted, for instance
    > (haven't had much experience with it, but it looks a lot better than
    > D&D at that power level). Shadowrun is pretty good for epic cyberpunk
    > (though it does have its own set of balance issues). And Mutants and
    > Masterminds looks interesting for epic superhero stuff (haven't ever
    > played it, though).
    >
    > Laszlo

    Not with my group when it comes to combat. Yes, the wizard is throwing
    Prismatic Spray and Chain Lightning like there's no tomorrow. My
    cleric has his Destruction and Harm. However, our tank,
    barbarian/psychic warrior/war mind, can dish out 40+ points of damage
    per attack at four attacks per round thanks to Power Attack and Rage.
    Our rogue can dish out 12d6 + something damage with sneak attack per
    attack at five attacks per round (Improved Two Weapon Fighting). When
    sneak attack is not possible, he's resourceful enough to do other
    tactiful things.

    Yes, the tank and rogue have magic items that help them. The rogue did
    15d6 + a lot of something damage on a critical hit last session. That
    is the nature of D&D. It is unfair to deny a fighter magic items while
    a wizard can still use all his spells. That's why the fighter vs
    wizard arguement is a false one.

    Gerald Katz

    IHateLashknife@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hadsil wrote:
    > > My group just hit 16th-17th level, and we're having a great time. We
    > > like the campaign plot. We like the roleplay. We also like all the
    > > neat things we can do.
    >
    > Anyone cast the Time Stop spell yet? If so, do you find it a problem at
    > all?

    Upon just reaching 17th level last session, the wizard took Disjunction
    and Wail of the Banshee both because of the character's personality as
    well being a victim of such spells. She wanted them more than Wish.

    When I get my first 9th level spell, it's going to be Mass Heal before
    Miracle as well.

    Gerald Katz

    On 9 Sep 2005 03:46:43 -0700, chaoslight@gmail.com carved upon a
    tablet of ether:

    > If you want to play with characters of truly earth-shattering power, I
    > really do suggest a different system. I like Exalted, for instance
    > (haven't had much experience with it, but it looks a lot better than
    > D&D at that power level).

    From what I've seen on the webforums, it's very easy to build sub-par
    exalts that just don't stand up at high power levels. It looks like
    there are some charms that are 'must have' for any particular type of
    build, and others that look good on the surface, but actually aren't.

    --
    Rupert Boleyn <rboleyn@paradise.net.nz>
    should be free."

    DougL <lampert.doug@gmail.com> writes
    <snip>
    >Epic characters can't blow up planets, much less make new ones.

    <snip>
    >Epic characters can't create new species without GM fiat.

    >They can't
    >change the level of magical power across the entire
    >universe. Hech they have real trouble changing natural
    >law at all.

    <snip>

    >Epic characters can't invent and cast a new spell in a
    >matter of seconds with spontanious magic (one down on a
    >STARTING Ars Magica character).

    <snip>

    >They lack any Divine attributes, and can't send forth
    >avatars or invest their followers with significant
    >additional power except by giving their followers toys.
    >The D&D3.x Gods have powers they can't match.

    Good bloody hell :| I thank grief they can't!

    Epic characters aren't, and shouldn't be, equivalent to gods, with
    god-like abilities. Otherwise, the entire premise of divine salient
    abilities goes flying out of the window. Also, IMO, if you're using
    epic rules, the gods themselves should have epic levels in addition to
    their divine abilities, so the gulf between mortal and non-mortal is
    maintained (a sidebar in DDG discusses something along these lines).

    If you want to play at such far-reaching, campaign setting altering
    power levels, you could devise an advancement system for divine rank,
    which might allow a PC to advance by, say, multi-classing into divine
    rank and thereby gaining access to divine salients. But in general, the
    power scope you're on about is outside both the nature and the concepts
    behind D&D, so it's not surprising you can't find epic equivalents to
    the character capabilities you cite. Those kind of power levels leave
    the idea of heroic fantasy far behind, and head into the realms of, in
    equivalence, using Galacticus as a PC in a super-hero game.

    --
    Ian R Malcomson
    "Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box"

    Ian R Malcomson wrote:

    > If you want to play at such far-reaching, campaign setting altering
    > power levels, you could devise an advancement system for divine rank,

    The Primal Order. Not powerful enough, though.

    Those kind of power levels leave
    > the idea of heroic fantasy far behind, and head into the realms of, in
    > equivalence, using Galacticus as a PC in a super-hero game.

    ITYM "Galactus". And he's not powerful enough, either.

    --
    Sea Wasp
    /^\

    In message <4322247F.1040909@obvioussgeinc.com>, Sea Wasp
    <seawaspobvious@obvioussgeinc.com> writes
    >Ian R Malcomson wrote:
    >
    >> If you want to play at such far-reaching, campaign setting altering
    >>power levels, you could devise an advancement system for divine rank,
    >
    > The Primal Order. Not powerful enough, though.
    >
    > Those kind of power levels leave
    >> the idea of heroic fantasy far behind, and head into the realms of,
    >>in equivalence, using Galacticus as a PC in a super-hero game.
    >>

    > ITYM "Galactus". And he's not powerful enough, either.

    Right, yes, him. I think I'll walk away from this thread now, muttering
    something along the lines of "pangalactic megalomania" :|

    --

    Kaos wrote:
    > On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:04:14 GMT, Sea Wasp

    >> I STARTED with AMBER as the base for that campaign. Then I ramped the
    >>power level up. WAY up.
    >

    > And you've got a 3' schlong.

    Hong does this better than you. Usually involving titanium.

    --
    Sea Wasp
    /^\

    Ian R Malcomson wrote:
    > In message <4322247F.1040909@obvioussgeinc.com>, Sea Wasp
    > <seawaspobvious@obvioussgeinc.com> writes

    >> ITYM "Galactus". And he's not powerful enough, either.
    >

    > Right, yes, him. I think I'll walk away from this thread now, muttering
    > something along the lines of "pangalactic megalomania" :|

    PAN-MULTIVERSAL, thanks very much. :D

    --
    Sea Wasp
    /^\

    On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:10:06 GMT, Sea Wasp
    <seawaspobvious@obvioussgeinc.com> dared speak in front of ME:

    >Kaos wrote:
    >> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:04:14 GMT, Sea Wasp
    >
    >>> I STARTED with AMBER as the base for that campaign. Then I ramped the
    >>>power level up. WAY up.
    >>

    >> And you've got a 3' schlong.
    >>

    > Hong does this better than you.

    Not lately, owing to absence.

    --
    The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out
    the conservative adopts them.

    Kaos wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:10:06 GMT, Sea Wasp
    > <seawaspobvious@obvioussgeinc.com> dared speak in front of ME:
    >

    >>Kaos wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:04:14 GMT, Sea Wasp

    >>>And you've got a 3' schlong.
    >>>

    >> Hong does this better than you.
    >

    > Not lately, owing to absence.

    Alas. Without Hong, we can't bring threads like this to a climax,
    IYKWIM, AITYD.

    --
    Sea Wasp
    /^\

    AMBER, interesting system. Do they still publish it?

    Dragonkat wrote:
    > AMBER, interesting system. Do they still publish it?

    As far as I know. I haven't heard of it going out of print. It's not
    tremendously widely distributed but I've never had trouble finding copies.

    --
    Sea Wasp
    /^\

    Sea Wasp wrote:
    > Dragonkat wrote:
    > > AMBER, interesting system. Do they still publish it?
    > >

    > As far as I know. I haven't heard of it going out of print. It's not
    > tremendously widely distributed but I've never had trouble finding copies.

    It was recently acquired by GoO. Last I heard, they were planning to
    re-release Wujcik's diceless design and also release a Tri-Stat
    version. I don't know how GoO's recent restructuring may have altered
    these plans.

    --
    Justin Alexander Bacon
    http://www.thealexandrian.net

    Sea Wasp wrote:
    > Justin Bacon wrote:
    > > Sea Wasp wrote:

    > >> As far as I know. I haven't heard of it going out of print. It's not
    > >>tremendously widely distributed but I've never had trouble finding copies.
    > >

    > > It was recently acquired by GoO. Last I heard, they were planning to
    > > re-release Wujcik's diceless design and also release a Tri-Stat
    > > version. I don't know how GoO's recent restructuring may have altered
    > > these plans.
    >
    > Well, that's possibly not-good, given what James Nicoll posted
    > recently RE Guardians.

    I can't seem to locate any post by Nicoll discussing GoO recently. Is
    it anything different than the fact they've hit financial difficulty
    and laid off their entire staff?

    Frankly, I think they were asking for it when they arranged to publish
    not only AMBER but TEKUMEL. Maybe they were hoping the mutual curses
    would cancel each other out?

    --

    Kaos wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:10:06 GMT, Sea Wasp
    > <seawaspobvious@obvioussgeinc.com> dared speak in front of ME:
    >

    >>Kaos wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:04:14 GMT, Sea Wasp

    >>>And you've got a 3' schlong.
    >>>

    >> Hong does this better than you.
    >

    > Not lately, owing to absence.

    Hong does you better than this.

    Justin Bacon wrote:
    > Sea Wasp wrote:

    >> Well, that's possibly not-good, given what James Nicoll posted
    >>recently RE Guardians.
    >

    > I can't seem to locate any post by Nicoll discussing GoO recently. Is
    > it anything different than the fact they've hit financial difficulty
    > and laid off their entire staff?

    Well, that would EXPLAIN what James posted, which was on his LJ, that
    he would strongly NOT recommend freelancing for them, as they haven't
    paid him for a lot of work he's done.

    > Frankly, I think they were asking for it when they arranged to publish
    > not only AMBER but TEKUMEL. Maybe they were hoping the mutual curses
    > would cancel each other out?

    Maybe they should've tried The Arcanum at the same time.

    --
    Sea Wasp
    /^\

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:42:57 -0700, Some Guy <someguy@thedoor.gov>
    dared speak in front of ME:

    >Kaos wrote:
    >> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:10:06 GMT, Sea Wasp
    >> <seawaspobvious@obvioussgeinc.com> dared speak in front of ME:

    >>> Hong does this better than you.
    >>

    >> Not lately, owing to absence.
    >>

    >Hong does you better than this.

    I still pine for St. Baldwin
    --
    The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out
    the conservative adopts them.
    Samuel Clemens, "Notebook," 1935

Epic Games Video Games