Barbed Wire Project - Torreador

Hey Everybody,

I am out to try and build more players here in Dallas. The introduction

of a new player into the game to the game presents an intriguing set
of
problems. Teaching them the intricacies of the game is a bit hard, but

I feel that's been pretty well solved already (at least, as best it
can
be given the complexity of the game).

What you ideally would like to do is to get the new player playing as
part of your regular play group. Here is where it gets tricky. The
deck
he will be playing will not be up to par with everyone elses deck.
While the multiplayer nature of VTES means that the table can react
the fact that the new player's deck is not so good, that only goes so
far. This problem is often solved by giving the newbie a
sneak-and-bleed deck, but the problem then becomes the fact that he
only has one deck to play. He sees the rest of the group playing decks

that are doing snazzy thing and he tries to balance the desire to go
further into the game with the financial cost of doing so. This is the

problem I am trying to address.

I believe that when barbed wire was first introduced to the west that
one of the sales pitches was that it was, "Cheap as dirt and strong as

whiskey." That's what I'm trying to go for here, a series of decks
that
are as cheap as dirt (i.e. you can give away/trade cheap multiple
decks
without costing yourself) but strong enough to hold up to a table or
more expensive decks.

The fact that you are going to be giving away multiple decks dictates
that any such deck adhere to certain parameters: it can't contain more

than a few copies of any given card- I drew the line at five; it can't

utilize cards that you wouldn't freely want to give away- so loading
up
on majesties and voter caps in your venture deck is probably not a
good
idea.

To solve these problems I have made deck primarily of rarely used Jyhad

cards and limited the deck size to 60 cards. I have endeavored to make

one deck from each clan. Here is the Torreador deck. I apologize in
advance that it is: a bruise bleed deck and that it contains Hidden
Lurker.

Crypt
Miranda Sanova Brujah 8 Primogen CEL PRE pot obf aus
Dancin Dana Malkavian 6 AUS cel obf +1 Strength
1 extra copy of Mirando Sanova & Dancing Dana
1 of Ramiel Dupree of Bianca
Elliott Sinclair 7 Primogen PRE cel aus +1 Strength
Tatiana Romanov 7 Prince AUS cel pre +1 Bleed
Adrianne 6 aus pre cel pot +1 bleed
Felicia Mostrom 5 CEL AUS pre
Demetrious Slater 4 aus cel pre
Delilah Easton 2 pre
Dieter Kleist 2 aus
Dorian Strack 4 AUS cel

Master 10
3x Short Term Investment
5xCelerity
2xPresence

Actions 8
3xSocial Charm
3xLegal Manipulations
Enchant Kindred
2xBum's Rush/Ambush/Harass

Action Modifiers 2
2xHidden Lurker

Combat 20
4xConcealed Weapon
3xAcrobatics
5xSideslip
4xNimble Feet
2xBlur
2xFlash

Reaction 16
3xWake with Evening's Freshness
4xTelepathic Counter
4xEnhanced Senses
3xSpirit's Touch
2xTelepathic Misdirection

Equipment 4
4x(A mix of Bang Nakh - Tiger's Claws, Bastard Swords, Poker, Meat
Clever)

Preston wrote:
> Crypt
> Miranda Sanova Brujah 8 Primogen CEL PRE pot obf aus
> Dancin Dana Malkavian 6 AUS cel obf +1 Strength
> 1 extra copy of Mirando Sanova & Dancing Dana
> 1 of Ramiel Dupree of Bianca
> Elliott Sinclair 7 Primogen PRE cel aus +1 Strength
> Tatiana Romanov 7 Prince AUS cel pre +1 Bleed
> Adrianne 6 aus pre cel pot +1 bleed
> Felicia Mostrom 5 CEL AUS pre
> Demetrious Slater 4 aus cel pre
> Delilah Easton 2 pre
> Dieter Kleist 2 aus
> Dorian Strack 4 AUS cel

You are obsessed! Drop that Obfuscate now! Hidden Lurker is a bad card!

There are 15 Toreador in Group 1. Put in 13 of them, minus Anson and
Anneke, simply because those two are probably highest in demand. If you
have plenty of those two as well, you might as well put together a
complete G1 Toreador set for the new players. Yes, this will eliminate
the whole cross-clan-and-discipline thing you tried to set up, but new
players often need something very simple to start with.

> Master 10
> 3x Short Term Investment
> 5xCelerity
> 2xPresence

I'll reiterate my suggestion about 1 Hunting Ground in every deck.
Toreador might find a KRCG useful as well.

> Actions 8
> 3xSocial Charm
> 3xLegal Manipulations
> Enchant Kindred
> 2xBum's Rush/Ambush/Harass

If possible, provide them with more Enchant Kindred. The speed boost
will be helpful and also keep the pool expenditure down. 1x Pulse of
the Canaille might be nice too.

> Action Modifiers 2
> 2xHidden Lurker

Gone. If you *really* want to work something quirky here, use Fast
Reaction, but don't tell them I recommended it. ;) Mostly though, I
find it humorous that you're pushing HL on other as the only Uncommon
in the deck when there are so many more really useful ones out there,
that aren't too terribly worth keeping!

> Combat 20
> 4xConcealed Weapon
> 3xAcrobatics
> 5xSideslip
> 4xNimble Feet
> 2xBlur
> 2xFlash

I tend to think that 6x Concealed Weapon would not be too many. I'd
also find room for 2x Majesty. Toreador players *need* to learn about
that card. :)

> Reaction 16
> 3xWake with Evening's Freshness
> 4xTelepathic Counter
> 4xEnhanced Senses
> 3xSpirit's Touch
> 2xTelepathic Misdirection
>
> Equipment 4
> 4x(A mix of Bang Nakh - Tiger's Claws, Bastard Swords, Poker, Meat
> Clever)

I strongly thing you should mix up some guns in here. Any guns! I'd
also go up to 6 weapons total--having 6x CW and 6x Weapons will make
things much more consistent. 1x Bang Nakh, 1x Bastard Sword, 1x Poker
or Chainsaw, 1x SNS, 1x .44 Magnum, 1x Deer Rifle. Finally, I think 1x
Sport Bike would be a nice touch as well.

Jeff

Played the deck today, Hidden Lurkers and all. Got a table win out of 4
players with 2 VPs. Deck plays OK.

Here is the current version.
Dorian Strack
2xMasika
2xDancing Dana
Miranda Sanova
Demetrious Slater
Dieter Kliest
Choose 1 of (Tatiana Romanov or Andreas, Bard of Crete)
Choose 1 of (Felicia Mostrom or Kalista, Master Sculptor)
Choose 1 of (Elliott Sinclair - Virtuoso Thespian or Anneke)

LIBRARY (60 cards)
ACTIONS/POLITICAN ACTIONS (6)
4xChoose mix of (Enchant Kindred, Social Charm, and/or Legal
Manipulations)
Disputed Territory
Ancient Influence

ACTION MODIFIERS (2)
2xHidden Lurker

COMBAT (19)
5xSideslip
4xConcealed Weapon
2xFlash
2xBlur
3xAcrobatics
3xNimble Feet

EQUIPMENT (5)
4xChoose mix of (Bang Nakh - Tiger's Claws, Bastard Sword, Meat
Cleaver, and/or Poker)
Sport's Bike

MASTERS (12)
4xCelerity
2xMinion Tap
2xBlood Doll
Society Hunting Ground
Powerbase: Washington DC
Powerbase: Chicago
The Rack

REACTIONS (16)
7xChoose mix of (Telepathic Counter and Telepathic Misdirection)\
3Wake with Evenings Freshness
6Choose mix of (Enhanced Senses and Spirit's Touch)