Hi. I need some help in choosing a laptop. It would be much appreciated if you guys can reply fast since I'm being pressured in choosing a laptop for my birthday (which is in October, btw). If I don't make up my mind quick, I'll be getting a Mac for my B-day, which I hate. Anyways, here's my answered questionnaire:
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15 to 17 inches
3. What screen resolution do you want?
any, as long as it can work with Battlefield 3
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable, but can also be used as desktop replacement. i already have a powerful desktop, so its fine if the laptop isn't that powerful
5. How much battery life do you need?
more than 3 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes, i'll be playing Battlefield 3 on high settings, skyrim on high settings as well and metro 2033 on either medium or high, depends
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I will be using this for college as well. needs to be able to run AutoCAD
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500 gb minimum
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
won't be buying online
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
at least 7 yrs
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
a decent dvd drive
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I prefer Taiwanese brands such as Asus, Acer, and MSI. Dell, Lenovo are both fine, but not HP
13. What country do you live in?
Philippines, but I can buy the laptop in Taiwan if i have to
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
if possible, i want the laptop to still be able to play new games after 5 years
Thanks in advance!
EDIT: is the MSI gt683dxr or the 17 inch version of it a good laptop? looks pretty powerful to me
If you were jumping in right now - I'd have no problem suggesting the GT683DXR.
But the new Ivy Bridge models will be out in a few months. If you're not in a hurry it's worth waiting to see what else they show up with (like better graphics cards!)