catatonic fear and decapitate

vampire A strike with catatonic fear ( at clode range )
Vampire B strike with his hand.

1) Vampire A can play disarm ?

2) if Vampire B have no life ( i think the domage cannot be prevent ) he go
in torpor ... can vampire have decapitate ?

thank all

Magus

Laurent B wrote:
> vampire A strike with catatonic fear ( at clode range )
> Vampire B strike with his hand.
>
> 1) Vampire A can play disarm ?

No. Combat Ends with strike resolution. The only combat cards playable
at this moment are Psyche! and Telepathic Tracking (or similiar).

> 2) if Vampire B have no life ( i think the domage cannot be prevent ) he go
> in torpor ... can vampire have decapitate ?

Yes he goes into torpor. No, can´t play Decapitate, it is a combat card.
Combat is allready over when the damage is applied.

--
johannes walch

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 17:04:03 +0200, Johannes Walch
<johannes.walch@vekn.de> wrote:

>Laurent B wrote:
>> vampire A strike with catatonic fear ( at clode range )
>> Vampire B strike with his hand.
>>
>> 1) Vampire A can play disarm ?
>
>No. Combat Ends with strike resolution. The only combat cards playable
>at this moment are Psyche! and Telepathic Tracking (or similiar).

As far as I remember, that's not quite the reasoning. You can play a
Taste of Vitae or Disarm after combat ends:

Combat effects played at the end of a round/combat can be played when
the round ends via S:CE or similar. [RTR 20001020]

Indeed, the problem with playing Disarm after Catatonic Fear is that
CF's damage is not applied during combat, but after it - so it does
not count for Disarm's needs. Vamp A inflicted 0 damage during combat,
as B.

>> 2) if Vampire B have no life ( i think the domage cannot be prevent ) he go
>> in torpor ... can vampire have decapitate?
>
>Yes he goes into torpor. No, can´t play Decapitate, it is a combat card.
>Combat is allready over when the damage is applied.

But if A had somehow inflicted more damage than B at that round before
playing Catatonic Fear, he could play Disarm and then Decapitate.

It would require something like this:

A: strike for hands.
B: strike for hands.
A: I play Blur for two additionals.
B: ok. no additionals for me.
A: first: strike for hands.
B: ok. (now with zero blood)
A: second: Catatonic Fear.
B: So that's combat ends, and I take 1 damage now?
A: No. I applied 2 damage and you 1, right? I play Disarm and
Decapitate.
B burns.

Very weird a combo when you could just strike for hands again and play
Decapitate, but legal anyway, as far as I know.

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
Giovanni Newsletter Editor
V for Vendetta on the big screen!
http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/

In message <42a5a59d$0$23342$636a15ce@news.free.fr>, Laurent B
<magus@free.fr> writes:
>vampire A strike with catatonic fear ( at clode range )
>Vampire B strike with his hand.
>
>2) if Vampire B have no life ( i think the domage cannot be prevent )

It can't be prevented, but if B were to declare a Dodge instead of a
hand strike, it would save him from it.

http://www.thelasombra.com/rules/RTR120204.txt
Dodge protects the dodger from the effects of the opposing
minion's strike, even if that strike is done at First Strike or
even if it is a Combat Ends strike (Combat Ends will still end
combat, but any additional effects the strike would have on the
dodger, like Catatonic Fear's damage, are dodged).

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 19:44:39 +0100, James Coupe <james@zephyr.org.uk> wrote:

> In message <42a5a59d$0$23342$636a15ce@news.free.fr>, Laurent B
> <magus@free.fr> writes:
>> vampire A strike with catatonic fear ( at clode range )
>> Vampire B strike with his hand.
>>
>> 2) if Vampire B have no life ( i think the domage cannot be prevent )
>
> It can't be prevented, but if B were to declare a Dodge instead of a
> hand strike, it would save him from it.

Also, it can be prevented by effects that can prevent damage outside of
combat (for example Leather Jacket).

--
Bye,

Daneel

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 09:31:23 +0200, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu> wrote:

>On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 19:44:39 +0100, James Coupe <james@zephyr.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> In message <42a5a59d$0$23342$636a15ce@news.free.fr>, Laurent B
>> <magus@free.fr> writes:
>>> vampire A strike with catatonic fear ( at clode range )
>>> Vampire B strike with his hand.
>>>
>>> 2) if Vampire B have no life ( i think the domage cannot be prevent )
>>
>> It can't be prevented, but if B were to declare a Dodge instead of a
>> hand strike, it would save him from it.
>
>Also, it can be prevented by effects that can prevent damage outside of
> combat (for example Leather Jacket).

Neither Leather Jacket nor Flak Jacket prevent damage done outside of
combat.

Alas, as far as I remember, currently there is no way to prevent
damage outside of combat - at most, a minion could manage to be immune
to normal damage (Ex Nihilo). LSJ?

"Fabio "Sooner"" <fabio_sooner@NOSPAMyahoo.com.br> wrote in message
> On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 09:31:23 +0200, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 19:44:39 +0100, James Coupe <james@zephyr.org.uk>
>>wrote:

>>> It can't be prevented, but if B were to declare a Dodge instead of a
>>> hand strike, it would save him from it.
>>
>>Also, it can be prevented by effects that can prevent damage outside of
>> combat (for example Leather Jacket).
>
> Neither Leather Jacket nor Flak Jacket prevent damage done outside of
> combat.
>
> Alas, as far as I remember, currently there is no way to prevent
> damage outside of combat - at most, a minion could manage to be immune
> to normal damage (Ex Nihilo). LSJ?

Leather Jacket
Card Text:

If the action to equip with the Leather Jacket is successful, untap that
minion at the end of the turn. Bearer may burn Leather Jacket to prevent the
damage from any strike. A minion can have only one Leather Jacket.

Catatonic Fear

Card Text:

***Strike***: combat ends.

As above, and inflict 1 damage to the opposing minion once combat ends if
the range is close.

You can use Leather Jacket to prevent the damage from Catatonic Fear because
leather jacket doesn't care whether the damage is in or out of combat but
that the damage came from a strike. See pesky card text.

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

In message <ieeea1109t007u7e3ljagtmas0i8jkvpac@4ax.com>, "Fabio
\"Sooner\"" <fabio_sooner@NOSPAMyahoo.com.br> writes:
>Neither Leather Jacket nor Flak Jacket prevent damage done outside of
>combat.

Flak Jacket, no. Leather Jacket prevents damage done by a strike,
however. Catatonic Fear's damage qualifies.

For instance:

<http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/6
c43a22723da8a9e?hl=en>

***
> Catatonic Fear
> I have several questions about the damage done at superior. As it
> takes places after combat, presumably it is now too late for combat
> cards which operate on damage, specifically damage prevention, Taste
> of Vitae and Disarm. Correct?

Correct.

> Is it damage from a strike? Specifically, can it be prevented with
> Leather Jacket?

Yes. Yes.
***

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.
EBD690ECD7A1FB457CA2 NO-ONE IS SCREAMING.

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:44:19 -0500, "XZealot"
<x_zealot@NoSpamcox-internet.com> wrote:

>You can use Leather Jacket to prevent the damage from Catatonic Fear because
>leather jacket doesn't care whether the damage is in or out of combat but
>that the damage came from a strike. See pesky card text.

Hmmm. Never noticed that tidbit.

Many thanks James and Norman!

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
Giovanni Newsletter Editor
V for Vendetta on the big screen!
http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 11:41:24 -0300, Fabio "Sooner
<fabio_sooner@NOSPAMyahoo.com.br> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:44:19 -0500, "XZealot"
> <x_zealot@NoSpamcox-internet.com> wrote:
>
>> You can use Leather Jacket to prevent the damage from Catatonic Fear
>> because
>> leather jacket doesn't care whether the damage is in or out of combat
>> but
>> that the damage came from a strike. See pesky card text.
>
> Hmmm. Never noticed that tidbit.
>
> Many thanks James and Norman!

Yes. How decent of them. ;)

--