Nforce2 + Cat3.2 = Crash on boot?

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
Ok, new install time... something got funked up and I had to backup data and wipe the system....

So I go and install the 3.2 catalyst drivers for my 9700. Reboot, all is good, they work. Install the nvidia refeance nforce2 drivers for y NF7, and on reboot, the same thing that happened the first time that I installed the 3.2's. WTF?

It gets to the winXP loading screen, then gets distorted, and freezes, and then, my monitor shuts off. I even tried the Omega drivers... did the same. Any ideas?

<font color=red>*</font color=red><font color=white>*</font color=white><font color=blue>*</font color=blue>
... And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free, and I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.

hineigger

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2003
Im telling you, nvidia MUST have something in their Nforce2 boards that makes Ati vid cards work like crap.

I am YET to have an Ati, from 9500, 9700 and 9700 Pro, work in my nforce2 board, yet all Nvidias work great.

but some people say they have Atis working in nforce2, well fine. Maybe nvidia only screwed up SOME boards, like half, so when people like me questioned what was going on then the people who had it worked can be like "doubt it, mine works".

Im on to something.......

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
It works fantastic with the older ati drivers. Just some of the games I want to play (mainly postal2) need the newest drivers to work. I emailed ATI and got an answer back in the form of go to this webpage for our general problems, and it says the problem could be cuased by not havign the driver for the mainboard installed. Im gonna see if Abit's driver set works better than Nvida's referance driver.

This is frustrating.......

Arg.. installed the drivers for the mobo from abit.. same thing... emailed ATI again, lets see if I get a real answer this time, not a canned one.

<font color=red>*</font color=red><font color=white>*</font color=white><font color=blue>*</font color=blue>
... And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free, and I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Lonemagi on 04/17/03 08:00 PM.</EM></FONT></P>