Fast turnaround on new Dell

bek

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003

Just to let everyone know that Dell can be very efficient even in the busy
holiday season...Sunday afternoon I ordered a pretty well loaded Dimension
8400 and it is being delivered today, one business day early! My original
order confirmation stated delivery on Monday the 20th.

Not bad! Good work Dell.

Yvon

I ordered mine the 5th of december and I still can't get my order number!!!!
I called everyday, so many problems...it's my 3rd Dell I really hope it wont
be the last one.

"BEK" <greywingsnospamplease@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Just to let everyone know that Dell can be very efficient even in the busy
> holiday season...Sunday afternoon I ordered a pretty well loaded Dimension
> 8400 and it is being delivered today, one business day early! My original
> order confirmation stated delivery on Monday the 20th.
>
> Not bad! Good work Dell.

I can't get my customer number to check on my order. They did send me the
order numbers - 4 of them for some reason. I only ordered one computer and
no monitor.

I wonder what I am going to get?

I think I'll stick with ordering on-line.

"Yvon" <y_gravel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I ordered mine the 5th of december and I still can't get my order
>number!!!!
> I called everyday, so many problems...it's my 3rd Dell I really hope it
> wont be the last one.
>

> "BEK" <greywingsnospamplease@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Just to let everyone know that Dell can be very efficient even in the
>> busy holiday season...Sunday afternoon I ordered a pretty well loaded
>> Dimension 8400 and it is being delivered today, one business day early!
>> My original order confirmation stated delivery on Monday the 20th.
>>
>> Not bad! Good work Dell.

bek

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003

My system had 1 order number and my $25 gift card (with purchase) had
another order number.

I always order online. You know exactly what you ordered, your choices are
right there to print out, no possibility of miscommunication with another
human being (salesperson). And, I might also add, I always contact tech
support online too.

Good luck with your system. When you finally do get it, enjoy!

"joe_tide" <joetide@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>I can't get my customer number to check on my order. They did send me the
>order numbers - 4 of them for some reason. I only ordered one computer and
>no monitor.
>
> I wonder what I am going to get?
>
> I think I'll stick with ordering on-line.
>
> "Yvon" <y_gravel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I ordered mine the 5th of december and I still can't get my order
>>number!!!!
>> I called everyday, so many problems...it's my 3rd Dell I really hope it
>> wont be the last one.
>>

>> "BEK" <greywingsnospamplease@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Just to let everyone know that Dell can be very efficient even in the
>>> busy holiday season...Sunday afternoon I ordered a pretty well loaded
>>> Dimension 8400 and it is being delivered today, one business day early!
>>> My original order confirmation stated delivery on Monday the 20th.
>>>
>>> Not bad! Good work Dell.

Well...I always order on-line any more, but this time I needed a sales tax
exemption for my non-profit charity. I finally discovered that you just fax
the the order number and the pertinent information and they credit back the
sales tax.

They did finally let me know what the 4 order numbers were for after I
called. They are for another person in the next state. They said I don't
even have a pending order on file.

I'll re-order on-line later.

I wonder what and how many I'm going to eventually get? :)

This has been sort of fun - so far.

> My system had 1 order number and my $25 gift card (with purchase) had
> another order number.
>
> I always order online. You know exactly what you ordered, your choices are
> right there to print out, no possibility of miscommunication with another
> human being (salesperson). And, I might also add, I always contact tech
> support online too.
>
> Good luck with your system. When you finally do get it, enjoy!
>

> "joe_tide" <joetide@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>I can't get my customer number to check on my order. They did send me the
>>order numbers - 4 of them for some reason. I only ordered one computer and
>>no monitor.
>>
>> I wonder what I am going to get?
>>
>> I think I'll stick with ordering on-line.
>>
>> "Yvon" <y_gravel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I ordered mine the 5th of december and I still can't get my order
>>>number!!!!
>>> I called everyday, so many problems...it's my 3rd Dell I really hope it
>>> wont be the last one.
>>>

>>> "BEK" <greywingsnospamplease@comcast.net> wrote in message

Yeah. I just re-ordered on-line and the estimated ship date is January 21.

I bet I get it a lot sooner than that.

"WhereAmI?" <nobodyhere@mn.rr.com> wrote in message
> Serious backorder problems -- see separate thread.

"BEK" <greywingsnospamplease@comcast.net> wrote:

>Just to let everyone know that Dell can be very efficient even in the busy
>holiday season...Sunday afternoon I ordered a pretty well loaded Dimension
>8400 and it is being delivered today, one business day early! My original
>order confirmation stated delivery on Monday the 20th.
>
>Not bad! Good work Dell.

Sigh. "pretty well loaded Dimension 8400" you say, but I warrant
it wasn't an 8400MCE.

Either a lot have people have forgotten what they have learned
over the years of the PC, or are too young to have learned. This
is the same old same old, and it isn't just Dell MCEs being
affected but everyone's.

Computer giant [MS, some game outfit, some video card outlet]
announces latest, greatest thing in [pick one; multimedia apps,
gaming, video cards, etc.] just in time for the [pick your own;
Comdex, XMas, everybody going to/back to college, etc.] season.
Going by what the forecasters told them, computer giant has X
units ready for the rush. Rush turns out to be 2X, or 3X, or 4X
beyond their estimate of X.

Much bemoaning by status-seeking geeks wanting to be the first in
their circle with this new toy when deliveries of latest,
greatest computer [whatever] slip badly.
--
OJ III

FH

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2004

Ogden Johnson III wrote:

>"BEK" <greywingsnospamplease@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>Just to let everyone know that Dell can be very efficient even in the busy
>>holiday season...Sunday afternoon I ordered a pretty well loaded Dimension
>>8400 and it is being delivered today, one business day early! My original
>>order confirmation stated delivery on Monday the 20th.
>>
>>Not bad! Good work Dell.
>>

>Sigh. "pretty well loaded Dimension 8400" you say, but I warrant
>it wasn't an 8400MCE.
>
>Either a lot have people have forgotten what they have learned
>over the years of the PC, or are too young to have learned. This
>is the same old same old, and it isn't just Dell MCEs being
>affected but everyone's.
>
>Computer giant [MS, some game outfit, some video card outlet]
>announces latest, greatest thing in [pick one; multimedia apps,
>gaming, video cards, etc.] just in time for the [pick your own;
>Comdex, XMas, everybody going to/back to college, etc.] season.
>Going by what the forecasters told them, computer giant has X
>units ready for the rush. Rush turns out to be 2X, or 3X, or 4X
>beyond their estimate of X.
>
>Much bemoaning by status-seeking geeks wanting to be the first in
>their circle with this new toy when deliveries of latest,
>greatest computer [whatever] slip badly.

What means "MCE"?

"fh" <fhuff@cox.net> wrote in message news:XE4xd.141$iD.72@fed1read05...
> Ogden Johnson III wrote:

> What means "MCE"?

Media Center Edition

Hi,
My name is Bob Russels. I am a recent graduate of Harvard
Business School, and I have decided to start my own computer
manufacturing business, and go head to head with dell. We
would like some input from the public about what improvments could be
made in the pc business. We are welcome to any suggestions or
complaints. Every single suggestion will be looked out and evaluated.
Please send any information to compr87@yahoo.com.

Jim

Twice in the past month we have ordered late sunday night a laptop, and
received it by the following friday, with normal ups delivery.....no
problems with our order, glad to do it online....our 3rd and 4th dell
purchases.

Jim