Can Mata Hari play Undying Thirst?

Can Mata Hari play Undying Thirst even if she was the one blocking
the acting minion?

Mata Hari: You and she may play cards that require a sect and/or
clan as if she were of that required sect or clan.

Undying Thirst: Only usable when a Baali successfully blocks (play
before combat, if any). Put this card on the acting vampire. When
there are any vampires in torpor that this vampire can diablerize,
this vampire cannot take any action other than diablerie (although
he or she is free not to take any action). If this vampire must
hunt, he or she may choose to diablerize a vampire instead.

....I'm especially curious in light of the "Only usable when a Baali
successfully blocks" sentence on Undying.

--
Bye,

Daneel

Daneel wrote:
> Can Mata Hari play Undying Thirst even if she was the one blocking
> the acting minion?
>
> Mata Hari: You and she may play cards that require a sect and/or
> clan as if she were of that required sect or clan.
>
> Undying Thirst: Only usable when a Baali successfully blocks (play
> before combat, if any). Put this card on the acting vampire. When
> there are any vampires in torpor that this vampire can diablerize,
> this vampire cannot take any action other than diablerie (although
> he or she is free not to take any action). If this vampire must
> hunt, he or she may choose to diablerize a vampire instead.
>
> ...I'm especially curious in light of the "Only usable when a Baali
> successfully blocks" sentence on Undying.

Yes. She is a Baali to Undying Thirst, while playing the card.

If Undying Thirst had some further requirement (such as, "Burn this card
if this Baali is not ready"), then Mata Hari would not qualify for that,
once Undying Thirst was in play.

--Colin McGuigan

Daneel wrote:
> Can Mata Hari play Undying Thirst even if she was the one blocking
> the acting minion?
>
> Mata Hari: You and she may play cards that require a sect and/or
> clan as if she were of that required sect or clan.
>
> Undying Thirst: Only usable when a Baali successfully blocks (play
> before combat, if any). Put this card on the acting vampire. When
> there are any vampires in torpor that this vampire can diablerize,
> this vampire cannot take any action other than diablerie (although
> he or she is free not to take any action). If this vampire must
> hunt, he or she may choose to diablerize a vampire instead.
>
> ...I'm especially curious in light of the "Only usable when a Baali
> successfully blocks" sentence on Undying.

Undying thirst requires a Baali. Mata Hari can play it as if she were
of that clan. If she does so, Undying Thirst thinks she's a Baali. If
she successfully blocks, Undying Thirst thinks she is a Baali that has
successfully blocked. She does not all meet the requirements, but may
mimic the sole requirement she does not meet and play the card.

John