Looking to buy a medium-high end Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnell

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
1. What is your budget?
$2,100

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
No less than 15 inches

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920 x 1080 or 1920 x 1200

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
More of a desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need?
While gaming it doesn't matter as it will be plugged in. Without gaming: 3 hours is enough.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

CoD: MW3, Team Fortress 2, World of Warcraft, Left4Dead 2. Please consider I sometimes minimize WoW while playing a shooter and click back every few minutes.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Not really too much else. 8GB of memory is enough but if possible 4 dimms for upgrades later.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
For me 80gb SSD is enough for this laptop. That or the smallest size HDD available for the model, in order to just buy the SSD separate.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
The site does not matter.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD Write and Blu Ray Reader

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I refuse Alienware due to their particular nature of overpricing computer components.

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
(Must have a 120hz refresh rate and a 9-cell or higher battery)

I picked out a Dell XPS 17 inch 3D ready laptop for $1,770.83. The 3D ready was the only model with 120hz. I would love a laptop under that price with my features.
I would love a smaller SSD, Getting rid of 3D (But keeping 120hz), and having a core i7 black edition without a factory overclock. (I can overclock it myself.)

Can anyone provide something like this to save a bit on the build I already have?

Ragnell

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
If its a 3d tv then it bassically needs 120 Hz. Because if it was a 60 hz monitor, then it would use 30Hz for the right side of the brain and 30 Hz for the left side of the brain. After less than an hour you would be hurting your eyes.

But you said you don't want 3D :??:

Status
Not open for further replies.