rotscheck, am I allowed to do this?

Quick question.

Rotscheck
Master: out-of-turn. <Frenzy.> Put this card on a vampire when an
opposing minion attempts to inflict aggravated damage on him or her,
whether the damage would be successfully inflicted or not. Combat ends.
This vampire is tapped and sent to torpor. This vampire does not untap
as normal. During this vampire's next untap phase, burn this card.

So supposing MY minion has an ivory bow. Same minion blocks an action.
I can play rotscheck on HIS vampire to send him to torpor?

Sorry if this seems obvious, but I don't see it played that much and
want to make sure I use it correctly (agg/rotscheck wall deck).

Thanks

On 10 Jun 2005 06:08:58 -0700, adam.hulse@gmail.com wrote:

>So supposing MY minion has an ivory bow. Same minion blocks an action.
>I can play rotscheck on HIS vampire to send him to torpor?

Absolutely.

Indeed, you must play it on the vampire that is about to receive the
aggravated damage.

http://www.thelasombra.com/vtes_faq.htm

Section 3.5

3.5. Can Rötschreck still be played...
Can Rötschreck still be played at long range while the reacting minion
declares an aggravated hand strike?

No. Cannot be used if the "attempt to use aggravated damage" is not
applicable at the current range. The most common example is an
aggravated hand strike done at long range.

Can I play a Rotschrek if I am attempting to do 0 aggravated hand
damage?
No.

Minion A announced his Ivory Bow as a strike, and the opposing Minion
B played Blood Rage. Can Rötschreck be played on Minion B?
Yes.
Blood Rage does not resolve before the Strike Announcement phase,
which is when you play Rotschreck, so Rotschreck can still be played.

Can Rötschreck still be played if the opposing minion plays a Strike:
Combat Ends?
Yes.
Rötschreck cares about the attempt to inflict aggravated damage, not
whether or not the strike will successfully resolve.

Can Rötschreck still be played if the opposing minion is treating
aggravated damage as normal damage? What if they played a Skin of
Night, Armor of Terra, or Adaptability?
Yes.
Rötschreck cares about the attempt to inflict aggravated damage, not
whether or not the vampire receiving the damage can prevent it or
treat it as normal damage.

Can Rötschreck still be played if the opposing minion has a Flak
Jacket, Leather Jacket, or some other way to prevent the damage?
Yes.
Rötschreck cares about the attempt to inflict aggravated damage, and
the damage resolution stage is never reached.

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com
Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.

TRENDING THREADS