[Deck] Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!

Submitted for your delectation: a Protean/Dominate bleed deck empowered
by Dual Form. I've been playing it for several months, and the final
tweaked form you see here has worked quite well in our metagame. That
said, I'd love to get other folk's suggestions.

If I could, I would add another two Dual Forms to the deck. So far I've
not been able to trade for them, though, so I suppose it's time to pony
up $5 each to the Lasombra for them. Dual Form'd Illana is a menace,
and Soldat (or Faruq or Ingrid) with the Seal of Veddhartha also turns
out a DOM/FOR/PRO Dual Form. (Caitlin isn't such a good choice for the
SoV/DF combo, since she loses the use of the Seal when she drops in
capacity).

In the dozens of games I've played, I've only had the Dual Form's burn
clause kick in twice: one loss to combat, one loss to Banishment.
Frankly, I expected it to be more of a liability. Luckily, there hasn't
been too much IG combat in our metagame recently, and Illana can't be
PTO'd.

Jake Washington is MVP in this deck, a great way to fill up a new DF or
block rushers. It's also worth noting that just discarding a Claws of
the Dead can be a great deterrent against multirush decks, which really
can't afford to lose their multirusher. It won't stop them, but they
may hesitate for a crucial turn and find softer targets elsewhere.

Deck Name: Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!
Created By: Emmit Svenson

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 16, Max: 31, Avg: 6.16)
2 Chandler Hungerford PRO 3 Gangrel
1 Daliyah obf PRO 4 Nosferatu
2 Caitlin aus dom ANI PRO 6 Gangrel
Antitribu
2 Soldat cel dom obf POT PRO 7 Gangrel
Antitribu
3 Iliana tha DOM FOR PRO 7 Gangrel
1 Faruq dom for pot ANI PRO 8 Gangrel
1 Ingrid Rossler dom ANI FOR PRO 9 Gangrel

Library: (87 cards)
-------------------
Master (15 cards)
2 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Backways
1 Zoo Hunting Ground
5 Blood Doll
1 Campground Hunting Ground
1 Capitalist
1 Coven, The
1 Giant`s Blood
2 Jake Washington (Hunter)
1 Barrens, The

Action (16 cards)
4 Dual Form
2 Far Mastery
9 Govern the Unaligned
1 Graverobbing

Action Modifier (20 cards)
4 Conditioning
4 Foreshadowing Destruction
4 Seduction
8 Earth Control

Reaction (13 cards)
6 Wake with Evening`s Freshness
5 Deflection
2 Redirection

Combat (19 cards)
3 Claws of the Dead
16 Form of Mist

Equipment (2 cards)
2 Seal of Veddartha

Hey Emmit,

Deck looks good. If I were to build it myself, I would make these
changes to go more with my playstyle:

> Jake Washington is MVP in this deck, a great way to fill up a new DF or
> block rushers. It's also worth noting that just discarding a Claws of
> the Dead can be a great deterrent against multirush decks, which really
> can't afford to lose their multirusher. It won't stop them, but they
> may hesitate for a crucial turn and find softer targets elsewhere.
>
> Deck Name: Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!
> Created By: Emmit Svenson
>
> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 16, Max: 31, Avg: 6.16)
> 2 Chandler Hungerford PRO 3 Gangrel
> 1 Daliyah obf PRO 4 Nosferatu
> 2 Caitlin aus dom ANI PRO 6 Gangrel
> Antitribu
> 2 Soldat cel dom obf POT PRO 7 Gangrel
> Antitribu
> 3 Iliana tha DOM FOR PRO 7 Gangrel
> 1 Faruq dom for pot ANI PRO 8 Gangrel
> 1 Ingrid Rossler dom ANI FOR PRO 9 Gangrel

Myself, I would replace 1 Faruq and 1 Caitlin with 2 Stanislava

> Library: (87 cards)
> -------------------
> Master (15 cards)
> 2 Dreams of the Sphinx
> 1 Backways
> 1 Zoo Hunting Ground
> 5 Blood Doll
> 1 Campground Hunting Ground
> 1 Capitalist
> 1 Coven, The
> 1 Giant`s Blood
> 2 Jake Washington (Hunter)
> 1 Barrens, The

I have a prejudice against blood dolls. I would take out 3 of them, the
Coven, and both Hunting Grounds. In place of those six cards I would
put a Eco-Terrorists, 2 Perfectionists, 1 Momentum's Edge, 2 Dominate
Skill Cards,

> Action (16 cards)
> 4 Dual Form
> 2 Far Mastery
> 9 Govern the Unaligned
> 1 Graverobbing
>
> Action Modifier (20 cards)
> 4 Conditioning
> 4 Foreshadowing Destruction
> 4 Seduction
> 8 Earth Control

Do you use the Seductions a lot? It seems like the deck has a fair
amount of stealth as it is and with the Form of Mists, the Seductions
seem unnecessary. I might consider pairing those down a bit to 2.

> Reaction (13 cards)
> 6 Wake with Evening`s Freshness
> 5 Deflection
> 2 Redirection

Since the main use of Wake is to Deflect, I would use Guard Dogs.

> Combat (19 cards)
> 3 Claws of the Dead
> 16 Form of Mist

I would add 2 Flesh of Marble.
> Equipment (2 cards)
> 2 Seal of Veddartha

I would add two Lear Jets.

Preston wrote:
> Hey Emmit,
>
> Deck looks good. If I were to build it myself, I would make these
> changes to go more with my playstyle:
>

> > Library: (87 cards)
> > -------------------
> > Master (15 cards)
> > 2 Dreams of the Sphinx
> > 1 Backways
> > 1 Zoo Hunting Ground
> > 5 Blood Doll
> > 1 Campground Hunting Ground
> > 1 Capitalist
> > 1 Coven, The
> > 1 Giant`s Blood
> > 2 Jake Washington (Hunter)
> > 1 Barrens, The
>
> I have a prejudice against blood dolls. I would take out 3 of them, the
> Coven, and both Hunting Grounds. In place of those six cards I would
> put a Eco-Terrorists, 2 Perfectionists, 1 Momentum's Edge, 2 Dominate
> Skill Cards,

The issue with that is that the Dual Forms come into play nearly empty,
and some key cards (like the Form of Mists) cost blood too. So the
HGs/Blood Dolls/Coven are there to keep pumping blood onto his
vampires.

And since the deck takes a little while to get scary (it seems to build
up a collection of vamps between Dual Forms and Governing out more, and
then semi-swarms forward, Momentum's Edge is pretty much a wasted slot
until you actually get a VP, and that might be a while.

> > Action Modifier (20 cards)
> > 4 Conditioning
> > 4 Foreshadowing Destruction
> > 4 Seduction
> > 8 Earth Control
> >

> Do you use the Seductions a lot? It seems like the deck has a fair
> amount of stealth as it is and with the Form of Mists, the Seductions
> seem unnecessary. I might consider pairing those down a bit to 2.

Emmit's/my metagame currently has a few decks that stack intercept on
one minion (like Raptors or Raven Spies), so Seduction's very useful
locally.

-John Flournoy

> That said, I'd love to get other folk's suggestions.

Eco Terrorists seems like an obvious addition.

Did you try Stanislava, and she was just too big?

16 Form of Mist seems like a lot to me; I would consider a few Earth
Meld. That card is good.

Also, if blood management is an issue, I might consider a Restoration
or two, even though not all of your vamps can use it.

Is it fun to play stealth bleed? :p

Ira

"Emmit Svenson" <emmitsvenson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1118412816.958597.194260@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Submitted for your delectation: a Protean/Dominate bleed deck empowered
> by Dual Form.
> Deck Name: Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!
> Created By: Emmit Svenson
> Library: (87 cards)

Why so many cards? I can't think of any reason this type of
deck needs 87 cards. It's not like you're going to beat 'em
to death with all that Form of Mist combat.

Fred

Frederick Scott wrote:
> "Emmit Svenson" <emmitsvenson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1118412816.958597.194260@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > Submitted for your delectation: a Protean/Dominate bleed deck empowered
> > by Dual Form.
> > Deck Name: Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!
> > Created By: Emmit Svenson
> > Library: (87 cards)
>
> Why so many cards? I can't think of any reason this type of
> deck needs 87 cards. It's not like you're going to beat 'em
> to death with all that Form of Mist combat.

True enough. Cutting down on the deck's size would make the 4 Dual Form
seem more like 6. I'll see what I can do on that front.