About Vox Senis

Vox Senis [BH:C/PN]
Cardtype: Master

Unique master.
Put this card in play. Each Methuselah gets 1 additional vote during each
referendum. Alternatively, during a referendum, you may [play and] discard
this card from your hand as an out-of-turn master to gain 3 votes in that
referendum.

Can we play this card during a blood hunt ? ( as an Out Of Turn master )

Magus

"Laurent B" <magus@free.fr> wrote in message
> Vox Senis [BH:C/PN]
> Cardtype: Master
>
> Unique master.
> Put this card in play. Each Methuselah gets 1 additional vote during each
> referendum. Alternatively, during a referendum, you may [play and] discard
> this card from your hand as an out-of-turn master to gain 3 votes in that
> referendum.
>

> Can we play this card during a blood hunt ? ( as an Out Of Turn master )

Sure.

DaveZ
Atom Weaver

Laurent B wrote:
> Vox Senis [BH:C/PN]
> Cardtype: Master
>
> Unique master.
> Put this card in play. Each Methuselah gets 1 additional vote during each
> referendum. Alternatively, during a referendum, you may [play and] discard
> this card from your hand as an out-of-turn master to gain 3 votes in that
> referendum.
>

> Can we play this card during a blood hunt ? ( as an Out Of Turn master )
>
> Magus

IANLSJ....I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. The key phrasing
here is "during a referendum". If the phrase used was "during a
political action" (which the referendum for the blood hunt is not) then
you wouldn't be able to. This phrasing is what prevents most vote
gaining cards from being played during the referendum to decide whether
there is a blood hunt.

Doug

Laurent B wrote:
> Vox Senis [BH:C/PN]
> Cardtype: Master
>
> Unique master.
> Put this card in play. Each Methuselah gets 1 additional vote during each
> referendum. Alternatively, during a referendum, you may [play and] discard
> this card from your hand as an out-of-turn master to gain 3 votes in that
> referendum.
>

> Can we play this card during a blood hunt ? ( as an Out Of Turn master )
>
> Magus

Yes. A bloodhunt is a referendum.

Some cards (by their text) can only be played during a political action
(which a bloodhunt is not). Vox Senis is not one of them.

John

On 10 Jun 2005 08:08:27 -0700, jnewquist@difsol.com wrote:

>Laurent B wrote:
>> Vox Senis [BH:C/PN]
>> Cardtype: Master
>>
>> Unique master.
>> Put this card in play. Each Methuselah gets 1 additional vote during each
>> referendum. Alternatively, during a referendum, you may [play and] discard
>> this card from your hand as an out-of-turn master to gain 3 votes in that
>> referendum.
>>

>> Can we play this card during a blood hunt ? ( as an Out Of Turn master )
>>
>> Magus
>
>Yes. A bloodhunt is a referendum.
>

>Some cards (by their text) can only be played during a political action
>(which a bloodhunt is not). Vox Senis is not one of them.

And some cards (Action Mod and Reaction) can't be played at all during
a Blood Hunt (unless specifically stated) regardless of the "only
usable during a referendum"/"only usable during a political action"
distinction.

Early on, this can cause some difficulty to explain.

Also, IANLSJ, and it's an unasked question, but you can't use Vox
Sensis for referendums (Blood Hunt or otherwise) that occur during
your turn. That was another issue that came up early on in our group.
"Out-of-turn" means exactly that, not "Out-of-your-master-phase".

Morgan Vening

DEMON

Morgan Vening wrote:
> And some cards (Action Mod and Reaction) can't be played at all during
> a Blood Hunt

the reason:

---
rules, 1.6.3. Minion Cards
Action modifier cards: The acting minion can play these cards to modify
his action.
Reaction cards: A ready untapped minion can play a reaction card in
response to an action taken by another Methuselah's minion.
---

since the blood hunt vote is not a part of any minions action, action
modifiers and reactions can't be played.

parallel: you can't play combat cards when there is no combat.