[Deck] Gratiano's Children's Crusade

Deck Name: Gratiano's Children's Crusade
Created By: The Lasombra
of those Lasombra become an Archbishop. Vote your prey out of
existence.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 13, Max: 32, Avg: 5.33)
1 Aaron Duggan obt 2, Lasombra:2
4 Gratiano DOM obf OBT pot 8, Lasombra:2, Priscus
1 Ignacio dom obt pot 4, Lasombra:2
1 Ramiro dom obt vic 4, Lasombra:2
2 Banjoko obt pot DOM 5, Lasombra:3
1 Dr. Julius Sutphen dom obt POT 5, Lasombra:3, Bishop
1 Hester Reed obt pot 3, Lasombra:3
1 Tabitha Fisk obt pot pro 4, Lasombra:3

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (17 cards)
1 Barrens, The
5 Blood Doll
1 Dia de los Muertos
4 Path of Night, The
1 Political Hunting Ground
4 Power Structure
1 Powerbase: Madrid

Action (9 cards)
9 Govern the Unaligned

Action Modifier (20 cards)
2 Bribes
5 Cryptic Rider
1 Private Audience
6 Shadow Play
6 Tenebrous Form

Political Action (14 cards)
5 Crusade: Assorted
1 Crusade: Berlin
8 Kine Resources Contested

Reaction (17 cards)
10 Deflection
7 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Combat (13 cards)
6 Darkness Within
7 Shadow Strike

This deck was last saved at 12:19:52 AM on 6/11/2005

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com
Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.

I really like the deck. I would make some changes, but I am not saying
that they'll necessarily be better... I would play this with a little
more stealth-bleed while keeping the political. If you're curious, this
is what I would do:

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 13, Max: 32, Avg: 5.33)
------------------------------­----------------
1 Aaron Duggan obt 2, Lasombra:2
4 Gratiano DOM obf OBT pot 8, Lasombra:2, Priscus
1 Ignacio dom obt pot 4, Lasombra:2
1 Ramiro dom obt vic 4, Lasombra:2
2 Banjoko obt pot DOM 5, Lasombra:3
1 Dr. Julius Sutphen dom obt POT 5, Lasombra:3, Bishop
1 Hester Reed obt pot 3, Lasombra:3
1 Tabitha Fisk obt pot pro 4, Lasombra:3

Nice crypt, however I would drop Dr. Julius and Tabitha for two copies
of Guido. I plan on focusing a tad more on Obtenebration, but without
losing DOM so Banjoko and Gratiano remain.

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (17 cards)
1 Barrens, The
5 Blood Doll
1 Dia de los Muertos
4 Path of Night, The
1 Political Hunting Ground
4 Power Structure
1 Powerbase: Madrid

Again, very cool. I would drop The Barrens for Discipline:
Obtenebration. I would cut PB: Madrid also. Don't really want to enter
combat trying to defend it. Would replace one Power Structure for
Elysian Fields.

Action (9 cards)
9 Govern the Unaligned

This is always good, but I like to mix in some Scouting Missions when
using weenies. Five Govern plus five S. Missions is what I would run.

Action Modifier (20 cards)
2 Bribes
5 Cryptic Rider
1 Private Audience
6 Shadow Play
6 Tenebrous Form

This is where I would change some things. I would drop Private
Audience, and all Cryptic Missions. This is what I would run:

Action Modifiers (20 cards)
4x Shroud of Night
4x Shadow Play
6x Tenebrous Form
3x Foreshadowing Destruction
3x Bribes

.... the package you were running is perfect for your deck since you run
more political. I am going to get to that in my version a little later
on. Being more stealth-bleedy, split between Shadow Play and S. of
Night, free stealth always a plus. As you noticed, I also would run
four copies of Path of Night but I don't want to rely on it.
Foreshadowing Destruction, along with Scoutings and Governs, equal the
bleedy-part. One more Bribes because I like gaining pool.

Political Action (14 cards)
5 Crusade: Assorted
1 Crusade: Berlin
8 Kine Resources Contested

I would run four various Crusades, 5x KRC and 5x Consanguineuus Boon.
Bloat bloat bloat!

Reaction (17 cards)
10 Deflection
7 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Eight of each.

Combat (13 cards)
6 Darkness Within
7 Shadow Strike

I haven't seen this package very often, and I like it... with a Path of
Night, you get two maneuvers, a press and a theft of at least 1 blood
(and you STILL get to strike) using only two cards that didn't cost a
thing. With Tenebrous Form, some of them will be coming into combat
wounded. Heh. Drop one Darkness Within though. Why? Because removing
one combat and one reaction card, you now have room for two of Abyssal
Hunters. Flavor purposes of course, but I like the Hunter. Pokes away
and hits for 3 if blocked. Yeah, it hurts me too but I'm bloating some.
Besides, makes Hunting Ground useful.

Anyhoo... looks good, but feel free to comment on some of the changes
I've suggested. Good luck!

evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:
> ...I would drop The Barrens for Discipline:
> Obtenebration. I would cut PB: Madrid also. Don't really want to enter
> combat trying to defend it. Would replace one Power Structure for
> Elysian Fields.

The Barrens seems quite critical for card cycling. Given the large
number of duplicate cards in this deck I would be afraid of getting
jammed on Deflections / Power Structures or similar.

PB:Madrid doesn't need to be defended. Even if someone is wasting a
minion action every turn to burn the counters, you will still get one
vote out of it each of your turns.

>> Political Action (14 cards)
>> 5 Crusade: Assorted
>> 1 Crusade: Berlin
>> 8 Kine Resources Contested
>
> I would run four various Crusades, 5x KRC and 5x Consanguineuus Boon.
> Bloat bloat bloat!

I think one or two Consang. Boons could be an idea, but given the blood
dolls and the governs I shouldn't think that pool generation is a huge
problem for this deck.

I think that the 6 Crusades Lasombra was running with seem a bit light.
I guess Gratiano's extra Priscus vote, PB:Madrid and the Power
Structures compensate a bit, but I'd still be inclined to find room for
another couple of Crusades. Perhaps by cutting a deflection and a
shadow strike.

>> Combat (13 cards)
>> 6 Darkness Within
>> 7 Shadow Strike

Given that there's a fair amount of potence in the crypt and shadow
strike is strength based, I'd be tempted to find room for a couple of
torn signposts. Mostly for surprise value. Maybe drop a cryptic rider
and a wake to fit them.

Excellent deck, Lasombra.

--
* lehrbuch (lehrbuch@gmail.com)