NSW qualifier results

Just got back from the NSW qualifiers in Sydney. Going into the final
the order was
Jason Tampake - Weenie Presence Vote
John Merton - Alastor/Anathema Big Guys with Assault Rifles
Shane Schneider - Weenie Potence
Julian Gatt - PRE/obf stealth bleed
Ashley South - PRO wall with AUS support

In the game the predator/prey relationship was
Julian -> Ashley -> Shane -> John -> Jason

After many attempted deals, most revolving around the killing of Shane,
the Weenie Potence ended up taking the table and the final.

Final Standings
1st - Shane Scheider 4VP
2nd - Julian Gatt 1VP
3rd - Jason Tampake
4th - John Merton
5th - Ashley South

Here is the deck that I was playing which took 1GW and 6VP going into
the final.

Deck Name: It's just a social game
Created By: J

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 25, Max: 38, Avg: 7.75)
3 Ankh-sen-Sutekh obf PRE SER 6 Followers of
Set
3 Lazarus James obf tha AUS DEM PRE 8 Malkavian
3 Marthe Dizier pro AUS CEL OBF PRE 10 Toreador
Antitribu
3 Suzanne Kadim aus dom obf CEL PRE 7 Toreador

Library: (75 cards)
-------------------
Master (13 cards)
2 Archon Investigation
3 Minion Tap
3 Dummy Corporation
5 Obfuscate

Action (18 cards)
2 Heart of the City
16 Social Charm

Action Modifier (31 cards)
4 Faceless Night
4 Domain of Evernight
4 Cloak the Gathering
4 Lost in Crowds
6 Spying Mission
5 Aire of Elation
2 Sleep Unseen
2 Approximation of Loyalty

Combat (9 cards)
6 Staredown
3 Disengage

Combo (4 cards)
4 Swallowed by the Night

-- J
11 answers Last reply
More about qualifier results

    J wrote:
    > After many attempted deals, most revolving around the killing of Shane,
    > the Weenie Potence ended up taking the table and the final.
    >
    > Final Standings
    > 1st - Shane Scheider 4VP

    That´s my man! :-)
    See you @ NAC.

    --
    johannes walch

    J wrote:
    > 1st - Shane Scheider 4VP

    The "sexy bandit from hell" is back!! :-)

    - Emiliano

    Well done Shane!

    Thanks for the good day guys!

    Andrew

    Hy Folks..

    Do you mind about posting the Deck List of the Winner (Weenie
    Potence), I have made one deck like this... but i'm having problems on
    winning.

    I really believe on this concept, so i need some inspiration!!

    A little help, please!

    Paulo Cavalcanti, The Smiling Anarch

    "J" <grail_j@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<1118578270.255922.164190@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>...
    > Just got back from the NSW qualifiers in Sydney. Going into the final
    > the order was
    > Jason Tampake - Weenie Presence Vote
    > John Merton - Alastor/Anathema Big Guys with Assault Rifles
    > Shane Schneider - Weenie Potence
    > Julian Gatt - PRE/obf stealth bleed
    > Ashley South - PRO wall with AUS support
    >
    > In the game the predator/prey relationship was
    > Julian -> Ashley -> Shane -> John -> Jason
    >
    > After many attempted deals, most revolving around the killing of Shane,
    > the Weenie Potence ended up taking the table and the final.
    >
    > Final Standings
    > 1st - Shane Scheider 4VP
    > 2nd - Julian Gatt 1VP
    > 3rd - Jason Tampake
    > 4th - John Merton
    > 5th - Ashley South
    >
    > Here is the deck that I was playing which took 1GW and 6VP going into
    > the final.
    >
    > Deck Name: It's just a social game
    > Created By: J
    >
    > Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 25, Max: 38, Avg: 7.75)
    > 3 Ankh-sen-Sutekh obf PRE SER 6 Followers of
    > Set
    > 3 Lazarus James obf tha AUS DEM PRE 8 Malkavian
    > 3 Marthe Dizier pro AUS CEL OBF PRE 10 Toreador
    > Antitribu
    > 3 Suzanne Kadim aus dom obf CEL PRE 7 Toreador
    >
    > Library: (75 cards)
    > -------------------
    > Master (13 cards)
    > 2 Archon Investigation
    > 3 Minion Tap
    > 3 Dummy Corporation
    > 5 Obfuscate
    >
    > Action (18 cards)
    > 2 Heart of the City
    > 16 Social Charm
    >
    > Action Modifier (31 cards)
    > 4 Faceless Night
    > 4 Domain of Evernight
    > 4 Cloak the Gathering
    > 4 Lost in Crowds
    > 6 Spying Mission
    > 5 Aire of Elation
    > 2 Sleep Unseen
    > 2 Approximation of Loyalty
    >
    > Combat (9 cards)
    > 6 Staredown
    > 3 Disengage
    >
    > Combo (4 cards)
    > 4 Swallowed by the Night
    >
    > -- J

    > Do you mind about posting the Deck List of the Winner (Weenie
    > Potence), I have made one deck like this... but i'm having problems on
    > winning.

    I couldn't tell you much of what was in it, other than increased
    strength, torn signpost, immortal grapple and undead strength - but
    then what else is there in weenie potence.

    I don't know if Shane reads this, but the tournie organiser, David Vega
    does, and he requested Deck Lists off everyone before the event, so he
    certainly has Shane's deck.

    --> J

    On 14 Jun 2005 20:36:14 -0700, "J" <grail_j@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >> Do you mind about posting the Deck List of the Winner (Weenie
    >> Potence), I have made one deck like this... but i'm having problems on
    >> winning.
    >
    >I couldn't tell you much of what was in it, other than increased
    >strength, torn signpost, immortal grapple and undead strength - but
    >then what else is there in weenie potence.

    Well, there's the flung junk decks, y'know.

    I'm curious if anyone has tried something along the lines of
    Torn/maneuvers/Earthshock. It costs a blood but the opponent can't
    dodge, leaving s:ce only as a hoser. And the blood cost can be
    compensated in may ways. Is it worth when compared to plain
    maneuvers/flung junk?

    best,

    Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
    V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
    Giovanni Newsletter Editor
    V for Vendetta on the big screen!
    http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/

    > I'm curious if anyone has tried something along the lines of
    > Torn/maneuvers/Earthshock. It costs a blood but the opponent can't
    > dodge, leaving s:ce only as a hoser. And the blood cost can be
    > compensated in may ways. Is it worth when compared to plain
    > maneuvers/flung junk?

    One more advantage over flung junk is that it can be played at close,
    meaning not so much a reliance for maneuvers.

    yeah, blood management is more an issue, but flack jackets/tastes
    should deal with that...

    -Bem
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Freaksden@yahoo.com wrote:
    > > I'm curious if anyone has tried something along the lines of
    > > Torn/maneuvers/Earthshock. It costs a blood but the opponent can't
    > > dodge, leaving s:ce only as a hoser. And the blood cost can be
    > > compensated in may ways. Is it worth when compared to plain
    > > maneuvers/flung junk?
    > >

    > One more advantage over flung junk is that it can be played at close,
    > meaning not so much a reliance for maneuvers.
    >
    > yeah, blood management is more an issue, but flack jackets/tastes
    > should deal with that...
    >
    > -Bem

    I do have his deck list but currently no "okay" to post it.

    It's a pretty straight forward Potence Weenies with Computer Hack deck
    which I can state since that is what he played on the day - lots of
    potence, lots of computer hack.

    Sorry I didn't personally post the results (thank you J) however I've
    been in and out of a doctor's office since the tournament.

    Apart from that ...

    It was a fantastic day. We had a good third of the players that were
    out of towners. There was a mix of weenie/anti-weenie/trick decks. My
    favourite of the day is hard to decide. I did like J's Heart of the
    City deck - surprised that she only got AI'ed twice all day. The Undue
    Influence deck was something I had been working on myself so I was
    interested in Josh's. He did a decent job, however he still has to
    learn how to play the table as opposed to just wiping out his prey and
    then getting whacked on by everyone else.

    Most of the other decks I had seen in some incarnation before:
    Weenie Obf
    Weenie Pot
    Weenie Vote (just border-line weenie with 4-caps in there)
    Weenie Assamite Bleed
    Blood Brother Bloat
    Alastors (the vote not the starter from KMW)
    Disguised Big Weapons/Intercept Wall

    .... are those off the top of my head.

    I did find that some players were not content with a game win (not all
    VPs) but rather wanted the game win with a sweep. This led to timing
    out which was unfortunate.

    It has been one of the smoothest qualifiers I've run, with most of the
    warnings being issued for sloppy play (ex. playing charming lobby
    without the vote card).

    Regards,
    David
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    > It was a fantastic day. We had a good third of the players that were
    > out of towners. There was a mix of weenie/anti-weenie/trick decks. My
    > favourite of the day is hard to decide. I did like J's Heart of the
    > City deck - surprised that she only got AI'ed twice all day.

    If you're afraid of getting archoned, why play stealth bleed? That's
    my motto. The deck bled hard and bled fast getting the first oust of
    the day, and also involved in the quickest game of the day. What I'm
    even more surprised about is that I was only flicked twice in the day
    as well, and that in 2 of the games I was ousted by my own decks on
    loan to other players.

    > I did find that some players were not content with a game win (not all
    > VPs) but rather wanted the game win with a sweep. This led to timing
    > out which was unfortunate.

    I never go for the sweep. If it falls in my lap, then it falls in my
    lap, but generally I find that stops me getting the win.

    --> J
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    On 16 Jun 2005 17:36:27 -0700, "quetzalcoatl" <david@vega.id.au>
    scrawled:

    >It has been one of the smoothest qualifiers I've run, with most of the
    >warnings being issued for sloppy play (ex. playing charming lobby
    >without the vote card).

    ....without the vote card in hand, you mean?

    I'm pretty sure you just announce what the vote is _going_ to be when
    you play a charming lobby, and then only if it is not blocked do you
    then have to actually play the vote card.

    salem
    http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
    (replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    > i was worried he may have given a warning for someone not playing the
    > vote card at the same time as the CL (which would not be the right
    > time to give a warning), and wanted to make sure the warning was
    > really given for not having a vote card in hand at the time of playing
    > CL.

    Warning was in regards to having the card in hand.

    The issue I find with this card and similar (Jack of Both Sides,
    Concealed Weapon etc) is that they can replace the initiator and unless
    someone is watching their hand, can use the top decked card.

    We tend to play both together during social play ... or at least place
    the card on the table face down in front of the charming lobby before
    we replace the initiator.

Games Video Games