political action ( and vote )

sorry asking this but my english is not good and i don't understand all the
sentence in the rules book.

My problem is about the vote gain by political card.

Vampire want banish en other ( vote isn't intercepted )
so he play the card "banishement" ( and have 1 vote )

can he play other card he have in his hand ? and how many ?

can he replace card played ?

thx

Magus

Laurent B wrote:

> sorry asking this but my english is not good and i don't understand all the
> sentence in the rules book.
>
> My problem is about the vote gain by political card.
>
> Vampire want banish en other ( vote isn't intercepted )
> so he play the card "banishement" ( and have 1 vote )

He plays Banishment to start the action.
Then, when it isn't intercepted, the referendum occurs (and
he has one vote).

> can he play other card he have in his hand ? and how many ?

No. He can only get 1 vote fom Political Action cards, and he
gets his one fom the Banishment itself.

> can he replace card played ?

Yes. The rules regarding not replacing cards during a referendum
have been overturned -- cards are replaced as normal at all times
(barring explicit card text to the contrary).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

In message <BOdre.4414$pa3.1984@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>, LSJ
<vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> writes:
>Laurent B wrote:
>> Vampire want banish en other ( vote isn't intercepted )
>> so he play the card "banishement" ( and have 1 vote )
>
>He plays Banishment to start the action.
>Then, when it isn't intercepted, the referendum occurs (and
>he has one vote).

Note that "Vampire want" suggests that we're talking about the vampire
as "and have 1 vote".

To avoid confusion:

The one vote gained from the political action card (either discarded to
gain a vote, or used to call the vote) goes to the Methuselah who called
the vote. Per 6.3.3:

"If a political action card was used to call the referendum,
that card provides a vote for the acting vampire's controller."

This means that effects that affect the vampire (e.g. Pulling Strings)
do not affect that one vote which has been gifted to the Methuselah.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.