[DECK] Auspexitude (Peekaboo mix)

Deck Name: Auspexitude (Peekaboo mix)
Created By: Alex Broadhead
Auspexitude concept - this time with Malks going Anarch to attempt to
take advantage of the new Anarch Revolt text. Thus, fighty Malks, w/
OOT goodness. Tool up and prevent your prey from going Anarch. Become
Revolting. Then intercept your new prey's Anarchs and make them pay
too. It'll never work.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 12, Max: 21, Avg: 3.83)
1 Aleph AUS dom 4, Malkavian:1
1 Dan Murdock aus obf 3, Caitiff:1
1 Dollface aus obf 3, Malkavian:1
1 Isabel de Leon AUS 3, Toreador:2
1 Lena Rowe aus obf pre 3, Pander:2
1 Ozmo AUS dom obf 6, Malkavian:1
1 Regilio aus obf 3, Nosferatu:2
3 Victoria AUS cel obf 5, Malkavian:2
1 Watenda obf 3, Malkavian:2
1 Zoe AUS cel obf 3, Malkavian:2

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (22 cards)
1 Anarch Free Press, The
7 Anarch Revolt
4 Galaric's Legacy
3 Madness Network
3 Rotschreck
1 Seattle Committee
3 Tribute to the Master

Action (9 cards)
2 Anima Gathering
2 Revelations
4 Skullduggery
1 Status Perfectus, The

Action Modifier (1 cards)
1 Hidden Lurker

Reaction (25 cards)
3 Enhanced Senses
1 Fast Reaction
6 Forced Awakening
6 Spirit's Touch
6 Telepathic Misdirection
3 Wake with Evening's Freshness

Combat (20 cards)
3 Aura Reading
6 Behind You!
4 Disguised Weapon
1 Fast Hands
6 High Ground

Ally (1 cards)
1 Muddled Vampire Hunter

Equipment (8 cards)
1 Ivory Bow
2 Sniper Rifle
5 Starshell Grenade Launcher

Combo (4 cards)
4 Swallowed by the Night

This deck was last saved at 9:48:41 AM on 6/15/2005

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, wumpus wrote:

> Deck Name: Auspexitude (Peekaboo mix)
> Created By: Alex Broadhead
> Auspexitude concept - this time with Malks going Anarch to attempt to
> take advantage of the new Anarch Revolt text. Thus, fighty Malks, w/
> OOT goodness. Tool up and prevent your prey from going Anarch. Become
> Revolting. Then intercept your new prey's Anarchs and make them pay
> too. It'll never work.
>
> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 12, Max: 21, Avg: 3.83)
> 1 Aleph AUS dom 4, Malkavian:1
> 1 Dan Murdock aus obf 3, Caitiff:1
> 1 Dollface aus obf 3, Malkavian:1
> 1 Isabel de Leon AUS 3, Toreador:2
> 1 Lena Rowe aus obf pre 3, Pander:2
> 1 Ozmo AUS dom obf 6, Malkavian:1
> 1 Regilio aus obf 3, Nosferatu:2
> 3 Victoria AUS cel obf 5, Malkavian:2
> 1 Watenda obf 3, Malkavian:2
> 1 Zoe AUS cel obf 3, Malkavian:2

I trust this is the optimal crypt for this deck.

> Library: (90 cards)
> -------------------
> Master (22 cards)
> 1 Anarch Free Press, The
> 7 Anarch Revolt
> 4 Galaric's Legacy
> 3 Madness Network
> 3 Rotschreck
> 1 Seattle Committee
> 3 Tribute to the Master

At first I was going to say that you didn't have enough masters that make
your guys into anarchs, but you really don't need to have anarchs right
away.

I would definately want a hunting ground or two as your minions will see a
lot of action. Giant's Blood (Dan can fetch it!) and Jake Washington
would also be useful.

I don't really see the need for Madness Network in this deck. It mostly
just gives the table another (D) action against you. I might keep one and
remove the other two for an Asylum Hunting Ground and Smiling Jack. Jack
gives you offense that (ironically?) doesn't care who controls anarchs.
Since your offense is burnable masters, you might want to try to fit an
Anthelios in.

I'd rather run Blood Dolls than Tributes. This deck can defend quite well
and shouldn't need a shock of pool to keep going. Slow and steady gain or
the ability to push blood is what will keep you going. I might drop an
Anarch Revolt to have a 4th Blood Doll.

> Action (9 cards)
> 2 Anima Gathering
> 2 Revelations
> 4 Skullduggery
> 1 Status Perfectus, The

I'd dump the Skullduggeries and put in two Nose of the Hound. Bleeding
for 1 at a stealth isn't great offense. The other two slots can be more
equipment.

> Action Modifier (1 cards)
> 1 Hidden Lurker

Ha. I wonder how often you'll discard it.

> Reaction (25 cards)
> 3 Enhanced Senses
> 1 Fast Reaction
> 6 Forced Awakening
> 6 Spirit's Touch
> 6 Telepathic Misdirection
> 3 Wake with Evening's Freshness

No Eagle's Sight? Doesn't look like enough wakes.

> Combat (20 cards)
> 3 Aura Reading
> 6 Behind You!
> 4 Disguised Weapon
> 1 Fast Hands
> 6 High Ground

Could be too many combat cards. I think you probably want more reactions.

> Ally (1 cards)
> 1 Muddled Vampire Hunter
>
> Equipment (8 cards)
> 1 Ivory Bow
> 2 Sniper Rifle
> 5 Starshell Grenade Launcher

Starshells aren't so great. I'd rather have .44s or something. You could
play a few Dragon's Breath Rounds if you want to make sure you can
Rotschreck. More Sniper Rifles would be good if you have them.

You should also probably work in a Bowl of Convergence or a Mr. Winthrop
or something.

> Combo (4 cards)
> 4 Swallowed by the Night

You have no OBF, so these could easily be more Forced or four different
stealth cards. You aren't going to get any maneuvers here.

Enjoy!

Matt Morgan

Name

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2003

wumpus <wumpus7@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Deck Name: Auspexitude (Peekaboo mix)
> Created By: Alex Broadhead
> Auspexitude concept - this time with Malks going Anarch to attempt to
> take advantage of the new Anarch Revolt text. Thus, fighty Malks, w/
> OOT goodness. Tool up and prevent your prey from going Anarch. Become
> Revolting. Then intercept your new prey's Anarchs and make them pay
> too. It'll never work.

Use Deranges -- that way you can un-Anarch any anarch.

NW

Howdy Matt,

I was just admiring your Hordes deck design yesterday, and thought,
what the heck, why not post another one of mine? I might even get to
try playing it some day...

> > Deck Name: Auspexitude (Peekaboo mix)
> > Created By: Alex Broadhead
> > Auspexitude concept - this time with Malks going Anarch to attempt to
> > take advantage of the new Anarch Revolt text. Thus, fighty Malks, w/
> > OOT goodness. Tool up and prevent your prey from going Anarch. Become
> > Revolting. Then intercept your new prey's Anarchs and make them pay
> > too. It'll never work.
> >
> > Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 12, Max: 21, Avg: 3.83)
> > 1 Aleph AUS dom 4, Malkavian:1
> > 1 Dan Murdock aus obf 3, Caitiff:1
> > 1 Dollface aus obf 3, Malkavian:1
> > 1 Isabel de Leon AUS 3, Toreador:2
> > 1 Lena Rowe aus obf pre 3, Pander:2
> > 1 Ozmo AUS dom obf 6, Malkavian:1
> > 1 Regilio aus obf 3, Nosferatu:2
> > 3 Victoria AUS cel obf 5, Malkavian:2
> > 1 Watenda obf 3, Malkavian:2
> > 1 Zoe AUS cel obf 3, Malkavian:2
>
> I trust this is the optimal crypt for this deck.

It's pretty tight, yes.

> > Library: (90 cards)
> > -------------------
> > Master (22 cards)
> > 1 Anarch Free Press, The
> > 7 Anarch Revolt
> > 4 Galaric's Legacy
> > 3 Madness Network
> > 3 Rotschreck
> > 1 Seattle Committee
> > 3 Tribute to the Master
>
> At first I was going to say that you didn't have enough masters that make
> your guys into anarchs, but you really don't need to have anarchs right
> away.

I tend towards this side of the thinking, and away from Peter's
assertion that I need more ways to go anarch. I don't really have a
lot of tech that is anarch reliant, at least until I start dropping
Revolts.

> I would definately want a hunting ground or two as your minions will see a
> lot of action. Giant's Blood (Dan can fetch it!) and Jake Washington
> would also be useful.

I was kind of hoping that most of that action would be at long range,
and therefore not terribly painful. Still, Giant's Blood never hurts,
and Jake is good, if only my only copies of each weren't in other
decks. I wouldn't add Hunting Grounds, though, as I should have enough
minions and wakes to hunt, if needed.

> I don't really see the need for Madness Network in this deck. It mostly
> just gives the table another (D) action against you.

My pool gain is Victoria. That and I'm hoping to threaten people with
OOT agg (Rotschreck) during my _actions_ not (just) during my
reactions.

> I might keep one and
> remove the other two for an Asylum Hunting Ground and Smiling Jack. Jack
> gives you offense that (ironically?) doesn't care who controls anarchs.
> Since your offense is burnable masters, you might want to try to fit an
> Anthelios in.

Hmmm... Hadn't thought of Anthelios. It might be worth a look. I
don't really have the room for Jack without removing other masters, and
I'm not sure I want to try that level of table management anyway.

> I'd rather run Blood Dolls than Tributes. This deck can defend quite well
> and shouldn't need a shock of pool to keep going. Slow and steady gain or
> the ability to push blood is what will keep you going. I might drop an
> Anarch Revolt to have a 4th Blood Doll.

With minions this small, I'm always hesitant to rely on Blood Dolls.
OTOH, with the small amount of stealth I'm packing, I probably
shouldn't be counting on hunting so much to replace lost blood... And
again, most of my pool gain is supposed to be Victoria - the Tributes
are mostly just emergency backups.

> > Action (9 cards)
> > 2 Anima Gathering
> > 2 Revelations
> > 4 Skullduggery
> > 1 Status Perfectus, The
>
> I'd dump the Skullduggeries and put in two Nose of the Hound. Bleeding
> for 1 at a stealth isn't great offense. The other two slots can be more
> equipment.

It's the optional maneuver that puts Skullbuggery in. Victoria,
equipped with a Starshell, bleeds with Skullbuggery at the end of my
predator's minion phase - block? If yes, I've got a maneuver to long.
If no, I'm going to gain 3 pool.

> > Action Modifier (1 cards)
> > 1 Hidden Lurker
>
> Ha. I wonder how often you'll discard it.

You laugh, but... OK, you laugh.

> > Reaction (25 cards)
> > 3 Enhanced Senses
> > 1 Fast Reaction
> > 6 Forced Awakening
> > 6 Spirit's Touch
> > 6 Telepathic Misdirection
> > 3 Wake with Evening's Freshness
>
> No Eagle's Sight? Doesn't look like enough wakes.

Pre-rewritten Anarch Revolt versions of this deck used a lot of Eagle's
Sight. I don't think I need it anymore. And with the MadNet out, I'm
not going to tap anyone (except the non-Malkavians) during my turn, so
hopefully it's enough. Peter wondered about this too, though, so maybe
it's not.

> > Combat (20 cards)
> > 3 Aura Reading
> > 6 Behind You!
> > 4 Disguised Weapon
> > 1 Fast Hands
> > 6 High Ground
>
> Could be too many combat cards. I think you probably want more reactions.

Unfortunately, it's hard to come by maneuvers, and I always want long.
The cards beyond the 12 maneuvers are pretty optional, though.

> > Ally (1 cards)
> > 1 Muddled Vampire Hunter
> >
> > Equipment (8 cards)
> > 1 Ivory Bow
> > 2 Sniper Rifle
> > 5 Starshell Grenade Launcher
>
> Starshells aren't so great. I'd rather have .44s or something. You could
> play a few Dragon's Breath Rounds if you want to make sure you can
> Rotschreck. More Sniper Rifles would be good if you have them.

I don't have more Sniper Rifles, but yes, practically every gun would
rather be a Sniper Rifle. I'm not sure how it happened, but the
Starshells are actually the core of this deck design. I like how they
can also function as intercept, and make Skullduggery seem useable.
Very silly, yes, but if they go then I should start over from scratch.

> You should also probably work in a Bowl of Convergence or a Mr. Winthrop
> or something.

Yes, those would be good adds, perhaps with some Jack of Both Sides as
well. The previous version of the deck was more weenified, to the
point where these toys would just paint big targets on the minions that
equipped them, but I think this version of the deck could support them.
IR Goggles might also be justified.

> > Combo (4 cards)
> > 4 Swallowed by the Night
>
> You have no OBF, so these could easily be more Forced or four different
> stealth cards. You aren't going to get any maneuvers here.

I go back and forth between +1 stealth action mods and Night Moves.
You are right that they should probably be diversified for stackability
- I think I used to have some OBF in here or something.

Thanks,
Alex