Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Hp 2000 notebook wifi issues

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
January 11, 2012 7:30:33 PM

I have a new HP 2000 Notebook. It keeps dropping my wifi connection to the internet. I have two different PCs and they work fine. It appears from other internet threads that the HP 2000 has wifi problems. Are there any solutions to fix this HP issue?
a b D Laptop
January 11, 2012 9:10:19 PM

usb wifi?
January 11, 2012 9:22:03 PM

wifi chip is built into pc
Related resources
a b D Laptop
January 12, 2012 11:53:24 AM

I am recomending a better wireless adaptor.
January 12, 2012 11:30:17 PM

tomhp said:
I have a new HP 2000 Notebook. It keeps dropping my wifi connection to the internet. I have two different PCs and they work fine. It appears from other internet threads that the HP 2000 has wifi problems. Are there any solutions to fix this HP issue?


i have the same exact laptop and the same issue. let me know if you figure anything out
January 12, 2012 11:53:34 PM

I am attaching a link with many threads talking about our PC HP2000-350US with Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter problem:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home/Wir...

As you can see from the thread, it appears that there may be a design flaw which could be: "either a poorly written driver or this new Atheros "low- power" WiFi card has some kind of issue with it".

Hopefully they will get us a fix ASAP. It is very frustrating.
January 19, 2012 12:01:26 PM

tomhp said:
I am attaching a link with many threads talking about our PC HP2000-350US with Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter problem:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home/Wir...

As you can see from the thread, it appears that there may be a design flaw which could be: "either a poorly written driver or this new Atheros "low- power" WiFi card has some kind of issue with it".

Hopefully they will get us a fix ASAP. It is very frustrating.


------------------------------------
I had a similar problem and found a thread on HP that mentioned updating the driver. I have a RALINK RT5390 wifi card/adapter. I tried using Windows to do it and it could not find a newer driver. I ended up going to the RALINK site and asking their customer support. This is the link that they gave me. I downloaded the driver and so far I have had no dropped wifi connections this morning. Last night I was having them quite often. Hope this helps....the link for this particular driver is below. I would hope that if you have a different Wifi card/adapter that you could go to the manufacturer's site and do the same.

NOTE: If you update the RALINK driver only request the driver, do not select the option for the driver and wifi software. You don't need the software only the driver.

http://www.ralinktech.com/en/04_support/license.php?sn=...





January 19, 2012 12:15:40 PM

let me know if you figure anything out .
May 8, 2012 10:03:04 PM

cvrvolunteers said:
------------------------------------
I had a similar problem and found a thread on HP that mentioned updating the driver. I have a RALINK RT5390 wifi card/adapter. I tried using Windows to do it and it could not find a newer driver. I ended up going to the RALINK site and asking their customer support. This is the link that they gave me. I downloaded the driver and so far I have had no dropped wifi connections this morning. Last night I was having them quite often. Hope this helps....the link for this particular driver is below. I would hope that if you have a different Wifi card/adapter that you could go to the manufacturer's site and do the same.

NOTE: If you update the RALINK driver only request the driver, do not select the option for the driver and wifi software. You don't need the software only the driver.

http://www.ralinktech.com/en/04_support/license.php?sn=...


Yes! Yes! Yes! That totally worked for me!

I bought my HP 2000 with the same wireless card and had trouble with the connectivity right out of the box. I downloaded the driver you sent the link to and, voila! Oh man, it feels so good to have a normal computer again. Thanks for posting that fix!

KC
January 21, 2013 8:15:35 PM

cvrvolunteers said:
------------------------------------
I had a similar problem and found a thread on HP that mentioned updating the driver. I have a RALINK RT5390 wifi card/adapter. I tried using Windows to do it and it could not find a newer driver. I ended up going to the RALINK site and asking their customer support. This is the link that they gave me. I downloaded the driver and so far I have had no dropped wifi connections this morning. Last night I was having them quite often. Hope this helps....the link for this particular driver is below. I would hope that if you have a different Wifi card/adapter that you could go to the manufacturer's site and do the same.

NOTE: If you update the RALINK driver only request the driver, do not select the option for the driver and wifi software. You don't need the software only the driver.

http://www.ralinktech.com/en/04_support/license.php?sn=...



The updated driver worked for my father-in-law's hp 2000. Thank you!
January 21, 2013 11:29:14 PM

good info,the same exact laptop and the same issue. let me know if you figure anything out
February 2, 2013 4:09:14 AM

the link http://www.ralinktech.com/en/04_su [...] hp?sn=5000 sends you to a page telling you that the company has merged with, or has been renamed mediatech. The driver is hard to find because their new webpage does not load fast (I tried from three different computers). Dowloadimg the driver also takes forever. I think the page is hosted on some third-rate server with too little bandwidth.

Anyway I just finished downloading the 11mb file (took 5 minutes, and I'm using a cable modem), I'll let you know if it works
May 10, 2013 7:58:28 AM

Can someone identify the specific driver we're supposed to download in order to fix this problem?

Since the merge, I think the company revamped their website. Now, there's a list of drivers on the "download drivers" homepage and I'm not sure which one I'm supposed to select for my HP E2000. Here is the direct link, http://www.mediatek.com/_en/07_downloads/01_windows.php
May 10, 2013 8:45:35 AM

Dianabanana said:
Can someone identify the specific driver we're supposed to download in order to fix this problem?

Since the merge, I think the company revamped their website. Now, there's a list of drivers on the "download drivers" homepage and I'm not sure which one I'm supposed to select for my HP E2000. Here is the direct link, http://www.mediatek.com/_en/07_downloads/01_windows.php


Unless you see something I don't, you can't actually download any of the drivers from that page anyway. I currently use the workaround explained here saulosilva.com and just run the script whenever the adapter stops working.
June 30, 2013 9:16:50 AM

Ok, so I had the same problem where, I could not connect to the internet wirelessly. I tried and tried all of the solutions posted here, then I started trying other things. finally I tried clicking the HP emblem at the bottom of the task bar. then I clicked HP recovery manager and I re-downloaded all he drivers that had to do with the connecting to the internet. you need the internet to do this so I didn't think it would work, however it got through the first driver fine, however that's the only one that finished re-downloading, I got frustrated and force shut down my computer. I left if sitting there for the next 10-12 hours opened it up and boom, It started to work. the driver that I completely downloaded was named: "HP wireless Button Driver for windows 8."
August 16, 2013 10:56:34 AM

tomhp said:
I have a new HP 2000 Notebook. It keeps dropping my wifi connection to the internet. I have two different PCs and they work fine. It appears from other internet threads that the HP 2000 has wifi problems. Are there any solutions to fix this HP issue?


I just bought the same one last month and had the same issues. When I asked HP if this was a reported and repeated problem they lied and said no. But to be honest I believe they have driver issues. I can recommend to make sure the adapter card is securely connected. Other than that I would suggest getting an upgrade if it is still under warranty.
October 13, 2013 9:47:58 PM

Kizzie804 said:
tomhp said:
I have a new HP 2000 Notebook. It keeps dropping my wifi connection to the internet. I have two different PCs and they work fine. It appears from other internet threads that the HP 2000 has wifi problems. Are there any solutions to fix this HP issue?


I just bought the same one last month and had the same issues. When I asked HP if this was a reported and repeated problem they lied and said no. But to be honest I believe they have driver issues. I can recommend to make sure the adapter card is securely connected. Other than that I would suggest getting an upgrade if it is still under warranty.


I just got off the phone with HP about the wifi problem and this east indian person told me that because my laptop was just a few days out of warrentee, I would have to buy a new warrentee costing me over 100 bucks, just to even diagnose and fix it for me. When all I wanted to do is get an updated driver. I asked about that, and the guy said it could be a conflict with my anti-virus software. I thought, what in the h*** does that have to do with my wireless dropping connections. So in the end, I no longer going to buy from HP, because they do not offer fixes to the general public for problems that they know about. I guess I will have to suffer along with everyone here, unless someone who has a known fix, to send the archive to me at http://www.spacequad.net. You can login and upload the file.


January 21, 2014 6:35:45 AM

I realize this is an old thread, but I too just bought an HP 2000 with Windows 8 and had the same problems with the WiFi connection. I tried all the various suggestions on this thread and others without solving the problem. Finally remembered I had a problem previously with pre-installed Norton Internet Security software. Uninstalled Norton on the new HP and no more WiFi problems. I think it has something to do with Norton's firewall. But I'm no computer expert by any means. Hope this helps someone else. Very aggravating.
January 22, 2014 6:40:06 PM

what is the solution???
February 15, 2014 8:50:25 AM

HP 2000-2d22DX Notebook PC
HP 2000-2c22NR Notebook PC
HP 2000-2c22DX Notebook PC
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=...
I have searched the wifi driver for around three months until i got it right use that site for HP 2000-2c22DX Notebook PC for windows 7 64 Bits even though its made for windows 8.
Note me if it doesn't work n i will be happy to help thee
February 20, 2014 5:52:52 PM

I know this is an old thread but I thought it might help some with the strange download/description page.

Driver Download: http://www.mediatek.com/_en/07_downloads/01-1_windowsDe...

There is no "Download" button to push. It seems that there's no place to download the driver. There is, right below where it says: "Attention: If you have any software technical issues, please contact: GSS_MTK_WCN_ACS@mediatek.com". Right below that is a place to submit your name and email address. It doesn't matter if it's your real name or email. Make one up if you want but as soon as you fill that out and click Submit it will start to download the driver. I've contacted them several times about this but they don't seem interested in making it more clear to people. Hope this helps someone.


GerbilKor said:
Dianabanana said:
Can someone identify the specific driver we're supposed to download in order to fix this problem?

Since the merge, I think the company revamped their website. Now, there's a list of drivers on the "download drivers" homepage and I'm not sure which one I'm supposed to select for my HP E2000. Here is the direct link, http://www.mediatek.com/_en/07_downloads/01_windows.php


Unless you see something I don't, you can't actually download any of the drivers from that page anyway. I currently use the workaround explained here saulosilva.com and just run the script whenever the adapter stops working.


February 21, 2014 2:51:59 AM

it was goood
March 31, 2014 8:01:13 PM

kmtolson said:
tomhp said:
I have a new HP 2000 Notebook. It keeps dropping my wifi connection to the internet. I have two different PCs and they work fine. It appears from other internet threads that the HP 2000 has wifi problems. Are there any solutions to fix this HP issue?


i have the same exact laptop and the same issue. let me know if you figure anything out


!