Waking/Mirror Image Question

A group of people and I were playing last night, and the following
situation occurred that I have no idea what the straight of actually
should be. (That sentence probably needs to see a doctor...)

Ravnos goes to do some dirty underhanded thing to Tzimisce. Tzimisce
is tapped out on minions, but plays a Forced Awakening with "Random
Vampire." Ravnos acquires stealth, Tzmisce acquires intercept. Combat
occurs. In said combat, the dirty sneaky Ravnos plays Mirror Image at
superior (Strike: combat end. If this vampire was blocked while
performing an action other than bleeding, the action continues as if
unblocked.) So, the question that was raised is:

1.) Can "Random Vampire" attempt to block again without playing another
Forced Awakening or such after the Mirror Image gets played?

An alternative question might be: "LSJ, would you mind terribly banning
all group 2 Ravnos vampires?"...

Anyway, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

TTFn

> Ravnos goes to do some dirty underhanded thing to Tzimisce. Tzimisce is
> tapped out on minions, but plays a Forced Awakening with "Random
> Vampire." Ravnos acquires stealth, Tzmisce acquires intercept. Combat
> occurs. In said combat, the dirty sneaky Ravnos plays Mirror Image at
> superior (Strike: combat end. If this vampire was blocked while
> performing an action other than bleeding, the action continues as if
> unblocked.) So, the question that was raised is:
>
> 1.) Can "Random Vampire" attempt to block again without playing another
> Forced Awakening or such after the Mirror Image gets played?

Yes, largely because the duration of Forced Awakening is "the action" and
the action was "continued" via Mirror Image instead of spawning another
action (which, to my knowledge doesn't occur with any card in the game).

> An alternative question might be: "LSJ, would you mind terribly banning
> all group 2 Ravnos vampires?"...

IANLSJ, but I'm guessing this is a no. And Cherryholmes might be hurt,
which, as I hear, means that LSJ won't lift a finger cause it's all about
"keeping Cherryholmes happy". Or some such.

Ankur Gupta
Prince of West Lafayette

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, LSJ wrote:

> Ankur Gupta wrote:
>> Yes, largely because the duration of Forced Awakening is "the action" and
>> the action was "continued" via Mirror Image instead of spawning another
>> action (which, to my knowledge doesn't occur with any card in the game).
>
> The Portrait might spawn a bleed action.

Lo and behold, for the knowledge. . . she is weak.

Sigh. :)

Ankur

In message <1118954388.975590.132180@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, The
Kaiser <aleistre@stny.rr.com> writes:
>1.) Can "Random Vampire" attempt to block again without playing another
>Forced Awakening or such after the Mirror Image gets played?

Yep. Reaction cards, by default, last for the current action - Wake has
explicit text to this effect, Forced doesn't.

Also, the Tzimisce still has the same amount of intercept.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

Ankur Gupta wrote:
> Yes, largely because the duration of Forced Awakening is "the action"
> and the action was "continued" via Mirror Image instead of spawning
> another action (which, to my knowledge doesn't occur with any card in
> the game).

The Portrait might spawn a bleed action.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

TRENDING THREADS