Adding a New Labtop Cant Find WEP Key

Last response: in Networking
Share
February 25, 2005 7:08:29 PM

I just got a new labtop with 802.11 built into it. It
recognizes the my MS Broadband network but I forgot that I
had encrypted the network when I set it up and dont know
where to find the WEP or WPA key.

Can I find that somewhere on my connected laptop?

Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem would be
greatly appreciated! Thanks. - Rich
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 7:28:15 PM

You need to look in the settings of your base station.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Rich" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I just got a new labtop with 802.11 built into it. It
> recognizes the my MS Broadband network but I forgot that I
> had encrypted the network when I set it up and dont know
> where to find the WEP or WPA key.
>
> Can I find that somewhere on my connected laptop?
>
> Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem would be
> greatly appreciated! Thanks. - Rich
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 7:30:48 PM

guess a dumb question but where do you find settings of
base station?

Anonymous
February 25, 2005 8:07:18 PM

Open your browser and type the IP address (default is 192.168.2.1, unless
you changed it) in the address line. Unless you changed the password, it is
"admin" without the quotes. The settings are described in the User's Guide.
--

!