Sign in with
Your question

bye bye Ati! Hello Geforce!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 22, 2003 6:26:18 AM

Its just my luck.

After battling with Ati's like 9700 Pro, 9700, 9500 and now 9500 Pro and YET to have anything work in my system, Im now on a new Ti4600...

i couldnt be happier! Slower than 9700 Pro? Yup. On the same level but behind in certain things compared to 9700? you got it!

but just to have something that works feels amazing!!!

People will tell you I had driver problems, or whatever. I disagree. Ill tell you what my problem is. Nvidia made its Nforce2 boards NOT support Ati cards too reliably.

Now, Nforce2 users will tell you that an Ati is working for them. Well good for them. But just as many will tell you the Ati cards are not working on their Nforce2. THATS BECAUSE NVIDIA MADE IT SO NOT ALL MB'S SUFFER FROM THE ISSUE WITH ATI CARDS, THATS WHY WHEN PEOPLE LIKE ME SAY THERES A CONSPIRACY THEN THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE A WORKING MB WILL SHUT PEOPLE LIKE ME UP. WELL ITS OVER! I BELIEVE THIS AND I WONT SHUT UP THIS TIME! SCREW YOU NVIDIA!!!!

But, the Nforce2 is a screamer, and I wanted to keep it. So, now on my Ti4600 (ARE YOU HAPPY NVIDIA???) I can finally play games!!!!!!!

When the KT600 chipset boards come out, bye bye nforce2 and Ill finally be able to use Ati cards.

More about : bye bye ati geforce

April 22, 2003 6:34:48 AM

If you're happy that's great. None of us can complain about that.

<font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS</font color=blue> <font color=red>AMERICA</font color=red>
April 22, 2003 7:51:55 AM

im ordering a Soltek Nforce2 soon, with a Radeon 9500pro (saphhire)

andlike, literally a hundred people at the site (ncix.com) have used the same combo with no problems

:D 

so like,have fun with your new video card .. especially when itll run Doom3 like at, 40fps with no good effects LOL

but yeah , congrats for gettin it working

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

<A HREF="http://www.xgr.com" target="_new">XGR-Game Reviews</A>

My friends Gaming Review Site. Check it out.
"You change the channel, and you change our minds..." - System of a Down
Related resources
April 22, 2003 12:00:13 PM

Quote:
Now, Nforce2 users will tell you that an Ati is working for them. Well good for them. But just as many will tell you the Ati cards are not working on their Nforce2. THATS BECAUSE NVIDIA MADE IT SO NOT ALL MB'S SUFFER FROM THE ISSUE WITH ATI CARDS, THATS WHY WHEN PEOPLE LIKE ME SAY THERES A CONSPIRACY THEN THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE A WORKING MB WILL SHUT PEOPLE LIKE ME UP. WELL ITS OVER! I BELIEVE THIS AND I WONT SHUT UP THIS TIME! SCREW YOU NVIDIA!!!!

I'm not saying you are wrong, maybe you are right.
***The following statement is pure hyphothesis, read at your own risk***
You have inspired me that maybe ATi is behind this. Because ATi graphic is superior than nVidia, so ATi want to beat nVidia in motherboard chipset market but wait, ATi do not manufacture motherboard chipset yet... so ATi comes out an idea that they made some graphic card incompatible to nForce2 chipset and sold them... when people bought this kind of graphic card which couldn't run on nForce2 motherboard, they will not blame ATi because nVidia is the "bad guy" in market.
***Once again, I just write this for fun, and it maybe the case, nobody will know what exactly has happened and I believe both company will remain silence on this, so please don't start a flame war here***

You never know how stupid you are until you have done something stupid enough for you to realize it.
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>
April 22, 2003 1:11:08 PM

Could I just point out that a 9700Pro with a non-Nvidia mobo would eat your Nforce2 + 4600Ti for breakfast on games - maybe you swapped the wrong component.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by rain_king_uk on 04/22/03 09:11 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 22, 2003 3:37:02 PM

Interesting that in one post you were able to both Slander Nvidia and Slam ATI at the same time, well done.

So what you're saying is that a specific company sabotaged your board in an attempt to get you to buy their other product because you bought one of their products, and after coming to this onclusion that it is a conspiracy to keep you from having th every best product on the market (that as someone else pointed out would still kick your current setup even with a via/sis/ali chipset) your answer to getting screwed by them was; 'should I bend over more?' and after all this go out and actually BUY their currently mediocre card. Doesn't sound like a conspiracy, sounds like a consumer without a sense of worth.
You didn't bother to check with the MoboMaker, ATI, or even ask Nvidia why it doesn't work on their chip, you didn't even try another MOBO with the Nforce2 chipset. Instead you traded in the one product you didn't change (damn can't be my Mobo, lets try this, now , this, now one more...). Heck even the VIA KT400 on my MOBO (got it exchanged at no cost) wouldn't support the 9500&9700 and the GF4 8X cards until revision 1.1, yet to you it is a big conspiracy to which you have no proof except your VERY LIMITED experience. Sound like an X-file episode in the making, perhaps all your wasted time is not all for nothing.

I would say that Nvidia wouldn't do what you suggest for the simple reason that they would be cutting off their nose to spite their face (do you think people wouldn't find out and wouldn't be mad?), sacrificing one platforms potential (there are many other chipmakers out there) by linking it to another lesser product; yeah I'd say that except for the fact that you just proved that some people are naive/ignorant/lazy enough to simply take it and conform. :mad:  So if someone mugs you, do you offer them your home address too so they can come around and get the rest of your stuff?

Makes me truely contemplate the word 'Nvidiot'.

Mmm Soylent Green, SO it's people, but IT's what's for Dinner!

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=red>RED</font color=red> <font color=green>GREEN</font color=green> :tongue: GA to SK
April 22, 2003 4:08:53 PM

A question, based on your comment:

I currently own R9700Pro with a AT7 KT333 Mobo and have TERRIBLE performance. Considering getting a NForce2 MOBO as a last desperate attempt to get my system working before i break down and cry.

is this wise? or shall i go for different chipset? KT400?
April 22, 2003 4:13:30 PM

What's terrible about the performance of your PC? What CPU/RAM are you running?
April 22, 2003 6:23:33 PM

Well the nforce2 was fastest in memory benchmarks and things like that, I was going for that since Im not always a gamer...
April 22, 2003 6:25:42 PM

Wow, the person who pointed me to this board warned me the people here were the rudest and meanest, he certainly was right!

Or maybe just overly cocky...

Anyways, Ati-diot, thanks for your remarks.

yes I have limited experiance. My daddy didnt buy me a prebuilt system like yours did! Waaaaah!!!
April 22, 2003 8:39:01 PM

Quote:

Interesting that in one post you were able to both Slander Nvidia and Slam ATI at the same time, well done.

Isn't it libel not slander because it's written not spoken? :tongue:

Intelligence is not merely the wealth of knowledge but the sum of perception, wisdom, and knowledge.
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 22, 2003 9:05:53 PM

Aww; Did I touch a nerve?

Well, if you actually read any of the posts here, you'd realize how full of crap your response is (I probably have more DIY computers under my belt than you have years under your belt. Hmm perhaps being a tweaker in IT helps, or maybe just having a JOB helps).
Also, I have given props to all makers (3Dlabs, Matrox, Ati AND Nvidia [ok maybe not SIS], and I'm still waiting for the P10 from Creative), however I haven't seen one iota of objectivity on your part, nor even an equal amount of technical knowledge. I may prefer ATI gaming cards right now, but only a true Nvidia Fanboy would defend their current line-up; their futre may offer something new, but not for 3-4mths at least.

If you think I'm rude and/or mean, just be glad that the one's your friend warned you about aren't following this thread or you'r be using solarcaine for the rest of your life.

Defend your silly ASS-ertions and ASS-umptions with something/anything resembling <b>FACTS</b>. Your original post belongs in an X-file chat room, not in a hardware forum.

The truth IS out there, you just didn't make an effort to find it!

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=red>RED</font color=red> <font color=green>GREEN</font color=green> :tongue: GA to SK
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 22, 2003 9:17:15 PM

Touché Monsieur !

Tomato, Potato(e) . :eek: 

<b>Go <font color=blue> Leafs </font color=blue> Go!</b>

April 22, 2003 9:32:01 PM

Quote:
Isn't it libel not slander because it's written not spoken?

Actually his use of slander is correct because he wasn't using it in a legal sense. You'd be correct though for the legal definition of slander...
April 22, 2003 9:42:39 PM

Actually, it IS libel. It meets the definition in a number of ways...

1. It makes a specific allegation on a public forum.
2. It makes a specific allegation as a statement of FACT, and not as an opinion.
3. The allegation made tends to be harmful or damaging to a private party, and this harm or damage could be substantive in nature if even ONE user chooses not to buy the product as a result of the allegation.

In other words, if nVidia wanted to sue, they would have a case. Think it's a joke? There are precedents. This thread was a very stupid idea, and I suggest it be deleted immediately. Fortunately for hineiggar, companies like nVidia tend to go after the distributors of libel, rather than the creators of it.

Legal definition of: LIBEL - Published material meeting three conditions: The material is defamatory either on its face or indirectly; The defamatory statement is about someone who is identifiable to one or more persons; and, The material must be distributed to someone other than the offended party; i.e. published; distinguished from slander.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't take showers. :tongue:

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Twitch on 04/22/03 05:50 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
April 22, 2003 11:57:28 PM

While it could be libel based upon the definition of libel his use of slander was not incorrect:
slander:
<i>n.</i>
1.defamation; calumny.
2.a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report.
3.<i>Law.</i>defation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc. (notice this is not the first or second definition but rather the third. I hope I don't have to explain to you the significance of the numbered definitions in a dictionary.)
-<i>v.t.</i>
4. to utter slander against; defame.
-<i>v.i.</i>
5.to utter or circulate slander

So while the use of libel is correct and acceptable, using the word slander as it was used in his sentence is also not incorrect. If you re-read my post I never said it wasn't libel only that slander is correct how he used it.

As for the company making a case for libel here, it would most likely cost them more in legal fees than the company would make from such a case. I could be wrong. Are there any "deep pockets" here?
April 23, 2003 12:43:33 AM

this thread, is stupid

Next!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

April 23, 2003 12:46:52 AM

Libel is always slander, but slander is not always libel. I wasn't so much arguing with you as I was agreeing with TheGreatGrapeApe. :smile: I'm pretty pedantic, so when I see it written down, it becomes libel as far as I'm concerned. But Phial is right...this thread is just plain dumb.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't take showers. :tongue:
April 23, 2003 12:50:49 AM

i had enuff of english class in skool mang

next

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

April 23, 2003 7:52:25 AM

have you tried overclocking that 9000?

;) 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

May 2, 2003 8:12:15 AM

To the the postmaker,
I am glad you finally realized who the real graphics king is:)  I have a 4600 that keeps up with a 9700 pro so who needs 9700 or the 8xAA stuff that we dont need anyways or the buggy s/w that comes with it:) 
Long Live Nvid
May 2, 2003 8:31:03 AM

hineiggar's schizoid alter ego no doubt. They share a brain. When hinieggar is finished concocting a new and unique hardware problem, he whacks his head on the desk and this guy takes over! :smile:

<font color=green>The Netherlands is where you go when you're too good for heaven.</font color=green> :tongue:
May 2, 2003 8:48:31 AM

yeah AA does NOTHING for graphics, such as seen with that recent comparison. Nvidia still owns.
May 2, 2003 9:56:49 AM

hin...

your an idiot

-=[ I lost a buttonhole... How do I fix that? ]=-
May 2, 2003 12:19:40 PM

Even thought AA does nothing in graphic
look that the frame rate that 4600 and 9700 can do, you will find 9700 kill 4600 EASILY
and furthermore, wait DX9 games out
May 2, 2003 1:22:49 PM

You're "special".

<font color=green>Everyone should be like the Dutch. They're perfect.</font color=green>
May 2, 2003 1:45:15 PM

hineigger = customvinnie
May 2, 2003 2:00:02 PM

I agree

-=[ I was walking through the forest the other day and a tree fell behind me. I didn't hear a thing... Does that answer your question? ]=-
May 2, 2003 9:02:35 PM

True, my mother language is not English, it's actually my fifth language, pardon me for my crap english, hehe
May 2, 2003 9:57:49 PM

I have a couple of friends that work for nVidia, so I did some checking. It seems they have a rather detailed file on you, hin. They told me that you are partially correct. They <i>did</i> maufacture an nForce2 board with a host of problems. However, these problems were implimented by design, and only 1 actual board was produced, yours. They were glad to hear that it reached the right person.
May 2, 2003 10:33:51 PM

ohhh...that explains it...

they spent so much time tracking hin they had very little resources left for developing the fx series...
May 3, 2003 2:36:29 AM

Only your fifth? You lazy bastard! What have you been doing with all your free time?!

<font color=green>Everyone should be like the Dutch. They're perfect.</font color=green>
May 3, 2003 3:18:11 AM

lol..sorry about that, I'm still learning English, living in Canada now, be learning for about 2 years
May 3, 2003 4:56:31 AM

I told you guys he (hineigger) was one of them!
But you said "nooo, waah waah, u are mean WS".
HAAH! he was one of the peeps making stupid nvidia comments recently, i could link u if you needed proof. i think it was in the graphics card oc section.

sit down hineigger.
Why didnt you just sell ur nforce2 board and buy a DIFFERENT one?
or throw away your audigy (if you have one), some people suspect they can cause problems.

Long live ATI.
May 3, 2003 12:42:50 PM

when you cant play Doom3 at decent frame rates and full DX9 eye candy and 9500pro users can, dont come whining here

-------

a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
May 3, 2003 3:16:42 PM

Yeah, but unfortunately their current chipsets lag the competition in many areas, including bundled features. However the newer one's are becoming more competitive.

It should get interesting in a while, especially with the Opterons and newer 800FSB Intels. But ATI really has to kick it up a notch to be competitive in the MOBO market.
They are like SIS in the Graphics world, except in the Mobo world (if you understand what I mean).

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red> :tongue: GA to SK
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
May 3, 2003 3:44:54 PM

Sorry dude no I don't have MSN or AOL instant messaging. I hate both companies!

I used to IRC(MIRC)/ICQ, but I haven't in about 2 years. Sorry dude. That may change though with the weight of people I know MSNing (much to my Chagrin!)
I'll PM ya' if that changes.

Besides my keyboarding skill at this very second are terrible, still a little off from last night's activities, starting with X2, then going to a party. I've got numb fingers and blurry eyes. :eek: 

Plus, I have a Bubba cooling in the Fridge (That's 5L [170 ounces] of Molson Canadian), plus 12 ciders for todays Senators game. So Don't expect much from me tomorrow either. :cool:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red> :tongue: GA to SK<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheGreatGrapeApe on 05/03/03 09:51 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
May 3, 2003 5:02:22 PM

Yeah, but I have a *cough* version without all of Windows add-ons thanks to the University. I might reconsider adding it to my laptop (where I like to post, nice LCD, plus I can use anywhere in house). I'll let you know.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red> :tongue: GA to SK
!