P4C800 and 9700 Pro

Stealth_Pants

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2003
I was looking through the manual to the new Asus P4C800 board and noticed it says "If installing the ATI 9500 or 9700 Pro series VGA cards use only the card version PN xxxxx 30 or later"

Anyone know why ? I was going to buy this board and possibly a 9700 Pro online but im not sure how I can tell I will get the right version of the 9700 Pro.

Thanks

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The very earliest ATI cards had problems with AGP8x, but if you buy one by chance, ATI will replace it.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

sevendust

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2003
Yea, some reviewers had early revisions of the 9700Pro and just plain couldnt run it on their benching systems. I would think that those cards would be out of the channel by now. But you never know.

Yes look for Rev/Ver 1.3 or higher IIRC. The larger the 1.X number the better IMO.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=red>RED</font color=red> <font color=green>GREEN</font color=green> :tongue: GA to SK

customvinnie

Distinguished
May 2, 2003
Thats why you get Nvidia only cards and not deal with the ati buggy s/w and compatible issues :) Ok just kidding dont take it personal you ati fans:)
Nvidia rules!!!!!!!!hehehe....

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
Which company has WHQL certified drivers?

mmmkay?

<font color=green>The Netherlands is where you go when you're too good for heaven.</font color=green> :tongue:

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
I dont think he's real Twitch (wink) if you know what I mean....

My score....<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6258104" target="_new">http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6258104</A>

A real fan is one who downs the other company ALWAYS and always thinks "their" company is better. So, You are incorrect in saying that some of us in the forum are fans. I Like ATI for now because as of now they have better cards BUT, I hope Nvidia will get their act together and make an Excellent product so There is a bit of competition on the playing feild. Competition breeds innovation.

-=[ I lost a buttonhole... How do I fix that? ]=-<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phukface on 05/02/03 09:04 AM.</EM></FONT></P>