Deck Name : Ravnos Rush
Author : Norman S. Brown Jr
Description :
Rush a Famed Minion, if blocked play Imposing Phantasm, Strike Hands for 2,
then play Mirror Image to continue the action, then play Disarm. Two
minions in torpor for the price of 1! Do the same with Sensory Deprivations
and Tuminos if blocked

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 10 average: 6.59

3x Tereza Rostas 8 CHI FOR ani aus pot Ravnos:2
3x Vaclav Petalengro 6 ANI CHI for pot Ravnos:2
3x Ivan Krenyenko 10 ANI CHI FOR POT obf Ravnos:2
1x Salbatore Bokkengr 4 CHI for pro Ravnos:2
1x Sasha Miklos 2 chi Ravnos:2
1x Hasina Kesi 1 pot Caitiff:1

Library [90 cards]

Action [18]
4x Ambush
1x Arson
4x Bum's Rush
5x Sensory Deprivation
4x Tumnimos

Action Modifier [12]
6x Fata Morgana
6x Red Herring

Action Modifier/Combat [8]
8x Mirror Image

Action/Reaction [6]
6x Draba

Combat [24]
8x Apparition
8x Disarm
8x Imposing Phantasm

Event [1]
1x Dragonbound

Master [15]
4x Blood Doll
2x Dummy Corporation
4x Fame
1x Tension in the Ranks
2x Week of Nightmares
2x Zillah's Valley

Reaction [6]
6x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Thu Jun 23 05:22:18 2005]

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Cool idea, but half of the cards in your deck cost your vampires blood
to play, and you have virtually no blood gain at all. The 4 Blood Dolls
will probably end up being used to move blood to your vampires ; these
could be replaced by Svadharma / Jake Washington / Giant's Blood /
Bravo, etc. (lots of choice here). Also consider the odd Taste of
Vitae.
Not sure that the Zillah's Valley are really worth it either... how
about a Depravity and a Leadership Vacuum?

Deck Name : Ravnos Rush 2.0
Author : Norman S. Brown Jr
Description :
Rush a Famed Minion, if blocked play Imposing Phantasm, Strike Hands for 2,
then play Mirror Image to continue the action, then play Disarm. Two
minions in torpor for the price of 1! Do the same with Sensory Deprivations
and Tuminos if blocked

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 10 average: 6.59

3x Tereza Rostas 8 CHI FOR ani aus pot Ravnos:2
3x Vaclav Petalengro 6 ANI CHI for pot Ravnos:2
3x Ivan Krenyenko 10 ANI CHI FOR POT obf Ravnos:2
1x Salbatore Bokkengr 4 CHI for pro Ravnos:2
1x Sasha Miklos 2 chi Ravnos:2
1x Hasina Kesi 1 pot Caitiff:1

Library [90 cards]

Action [24]
4x Ambush
1x Arson
4x Bum's Rush
6x Patshiv
5x Sensory Deprivation
4x Tumnimos

Action Modifier [11]
5x Fata Morgana
4x Freak Drive
2x Red Herring

Action Modifier/Combat [7]
7x Mirror Image

Action/Reaction [3]
3x Draba

Combat [23]
7x Apparition
8x Disarm
8x Imposing Phantasm

Master [18]
4x Blood Doll
2x Dummy Corporation
3x Fame
4x Life in the City
2x Potence
1x Tension in the Ranks
2x Week of Nightmares

Reaction [4]
4x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Thu Jun 23 09:05:16 2005]

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

"XZealot" <x_zealot@NoSpamcox-internet.com> wrote in message
> Deck Name : Ravnos Rush 2.0
> Author : Norman S. Brown Jr
> Description :
> Rush a Famed Minion, if blocked play Imposing Phantasm, Strike Hands for
> 2,
> then play Mirror Image to continue the action, then play Disarm. Two
> minions in torpor for the price of 1! Do the same with Sensory
> Deprivations
> and Tuminos if blocked
> (snip)
> Combat [23]
> 7x Apparition
> 8x Disarm
> 8x Imposing Phantasm

....Since your main combat angle is intended for one round only, isn't Skin
of Rock just as effective as Apparition? Except for the two weenies in your
crypt, and the Tumnimos, everybody has for or FOR. Granted, Salbatore and
Vaclav have CHI, for superior Apparition... maybe a mix of 4 SoR and 3
Apparition, for some further blood savings in combat?

Nifty concept, otherwise :)

DZ
AW

>> Combat [23]
>> 7x Apparition
>> 8x Disarm
>> 8x Imposing Phantasm
>>

> ...Since your main combat angle is intended for one round only, isn't Skin
> of Rock just as effective as Apparition? Except for the two weenies in
> your crypt, and the Tumnimos, everybody has for or FOR. Granted,
> Salbatore and Vaclav have CHI, for superior Apparition... maybe a mix of 4
> SoR and 3 Apparition, for some further blood savings in combat?
>
> Nifty concept, otherwise :)

Thanks Dave,
I was thinking about adding some Meat Hooks for a press so that if their
initial strike is a dodge then you could potential hit with the Meat Hook on
your additional strike press then try for the combat concept on the second
round.
--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

Hi,

Your crypt seems to be very large, specially regarding you do not have a lot
of defense except preemptive Sensory Deprivation and a few Draba (Note that
Draba only reduces the stealth to zero once. Stealth can still be increased.
So you get most out of Draba if you have some permanent intercept). No
deflection.

Also, your cards are quite expensive. Apart from the blood gaining cards
Michael mentioned in an earlier post there are other options, namely the
Path of Paradox and maybe Gabrin. The Path makes sense even if you can't
defend it because you have soo many expensive cards.

You might consider adding some equipment like the Hand of Conrad (POT),
Leather Jackets or a Sport Bike. Note that Ivan can fetch non-location
equipment from your library. So he pairs very well with Joaquina Amaya who
gets +1 stealth when equipping.

Now to the combat module. The combo of Imposing Phantasm and Disarm is nice.
Your opponent doesn't regain blood. But your combo "if blocked play Imposing
Phantasm, Strike Hands for 2, then play Mirror Image to continue the action,
then play Disarm" doens't work so well: the first opponent regains blood and
in the second combat you need to play a second Imposing Phantasm.

Your combat module doesn't give you a lot of options. You don't have any
maneuvers or presses (Imposing Phantasm and Apparition go well with
Presses). And you have too many Disarms in your deck. With so few combat
cards your Disarms will be stuck in your hand. In my experience 4 or 5 of
them is enough even in a very dedicated combat deck. Generelly speaking,
24/32 combat cards is not a lot in a rush deck. maybe you should go up to
about 36 to 40 combat cards and don't focus too much on your combo. Try a
few Torn Signpost, Carrion Crows, Drawing Out the Beast, Immortal Grapple,
Skin of Steel, Taste of Vitae, Trap etc. you have soo many nice options
available to you.

Hope this helps.

regards,

pallando

> Now to the combat module. The combo of Imposing Phantasm and Disarm is
> nice.
> Your opponent doesn't regain blood. But your combo "if blocked play
> Imposing
> Phantasm, Strike Hands for 2, then play Mirror Image to continue the
> action,
> then play Disarm" doens't work so well: the first opponent regains blood
> and
> in the second combat you need to play a second Imposing Phantasm.

Incorrect, the first vampire is in torpor from Disarm. You now have to
deal with the second.

> Your combat module doesn't give you a lot of options. You don't have any
> maneuvers or presses (Imposing Phantasm and Apparition go well with
> Presses). And you have too many Disarms in your deck. With so few combat
> cards your Disarms will be stuck in your hand. In my experience 4 or 5 of
> them is enough even in a very dedicated combat deck. Generelly speaking,
> 24/32 combat cards is not a lot in a rush deck. maybe you should go up to
> about 36 to 40 combat cards and don't focus too much on your combo. Try a
> few Torn Signpost, Carrion Crows, Drawing Out the Beast, Immortal Grapple,
> Skin of Steel, Taste of Vitae, Trap etc. you have soo many nice options
> available to you.

Grapple is bad because you cannot play Mirror Image under it. You can up
the trumpyness of your combat but if you go for the Imposing Phantasm,
Mirror Image, Disarm Combo then you are vulnerable to S:CE.

pallando wrote:
> "XZealot" <x_zealot@NoSpamcox-internet.com> wrote in message
> >
> > > Now to the combat module. The combo of Imposing Phantasm and Disarm is
> > > nice.
> > > Your opponent doesn't regain blood. But your combo "if blocked play
> > > Imposing
> > > Phantasm, Strike Hands for 2, then play Mirror Image to continue the
> > > action,
> > > then play Disarm" doens't work so well: the first opponent regains blood
> > > and
> > > in the second combat you need to play a second Imposing Phantasm.
> >
> > Incorrect, the first vampire is in torpor from Disarm. You now have to
> > deal with the second.
>

> How do you play Disarm and Mirror Image in the same combat? I cannot follow
> you.

Play Mirror Image. Combat ends. Thus, the round of combat must end.
Thus Disarm (and Taste, Pulled Fangs, etc.) can be played.

"pallando" <nospam@nospam.com> schreef in bericht

> "XZealot" <x_zealot@NoSpamcox-internet.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > Now to the combat module. The combo of Imposing Phantasm and Disarm is
>> > nice.
>> > Your opponent doesn't regain blood. But your combo "if blocked play
>> > Imposing
>> > Phantasm, Strike Hands for 2, then play Mirror Image to continue the
>> > action,
>> > then play Disarm" doens't work so well: the first opponent regains
>> > blood
>> > and
>> > in the second combat you need to play a second Imposing Phantasm.
>>
>> Incorrect, the first vampire is in torpor from Disarm. You now have to
>> deal with the second.
>

> How do you play Disarm and Mirror Image in the same combat? I cannot
> follow
> you.

before range: play Imposing phantasm
strike: hands (for 2)
+resolve strike
additional strike: Mirror image
+ resolve strike: end combat
'end of round': play disarm, because you did 2 damage and he probably only
one (or 0)

"Jeroen Rombouts" <jeroen.rombouts@NOSPAMtelenet.be> wrote in message

> "pallando" <nospam@nospam.com> schreef in bericht
>>
>> "XZealot" <x_zealot@NoSpamcox-internet.com> wrote in message

>>> Incorrect, the first vampire is in torpor from Disarm. You now have to
>>> deal with the second.
>>

>> How do you play Disarm and Mirror Image in the same combat? I cannot
>> follow
>> you.
>>
> before range: play Imposing phantasm
> strike: hands (for 2)
> +resolve strike
> additional strike: Mirror image
> + resolve strike: end combat
> 'end of round': play disarm, because you did 2 damage and he probably only
> one (or 0)

Correct so you are continuing your action while sending the blocker to
torpor.

--

>>> Combat [23]
>>> 7x Apparition
>>> 8x Disarm
>>> 8x Imposing Phantasm
>>>

>> ...Since your main combat angle is intended for one round only, isn't
>> Skin
>> of Rock just as effective as Apparition? Except for the two weenies in
>> your crypt, and the Tumnimos, everybody has for or FOR. Granted,
>> Salbatore and Vaclav have CHI, for superior Apparition... maybe a mix of
>> 4
>> SoR and 3 Apparition, for some further blood savings in combat?
>>
>> Nifty concept, otherwise :)
>
> Thanks Dave,
> I was thinking about adding some Meat Hooks for a press so that if their
> initial strike is a dodge then you could potential hit with the Meat Hook
> on
> your additional strike press then try for the combat concept on the second
> round.

d00d, if you can use Meat Hooks in your meta-game, go for it. They're great
tech, so long as no one breaks them. I'm in the Northeast now, so weenies
with potence abound (*points accusing finger at Peter B.*...)

DaveZ
Atom Weaver