Broadband update

When I attempt to run updates for my basestation, I get
the following error message:

Runtime Error! This application has requested the
Runtime to be terminate it in an unusual way.

I just recently installed Service Pack 2 for Win XP and
I'm running Symantec Antivirus. What do I do to fix this?
2 answers Last reply
More about broadband update

    Completely turn off (not just "exit") the Symantec AV, then retry the
    install.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Dana" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I attempt to run updates for my basestation, I get
    > the following error message:
    >
    > Runtime Error! This application has requested the
    > Runtime to be terminate it in an unusual way.
    >
    > I just recently installed Service Pack 2 for Win XP and
    > I'm running Symantec Antivirus. What do I do to fix this?

    This error can come up because you are using third party skinning software.

    If you are, try uninstalling it and see if that helps

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "Dana" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I attempt to run updates for my basestation, I get
    > the following error message:
    >
    > Runtime Error! This application has requested the
    > Runtime to be terminate it in an unusual way.
    >
    > I just recently installed Service Pack 2 for Win XP and
    > I'm running Symantec Antivirus. What do I do to fix this?

Routers Broadband Runtime Networking