Broadband update

Last response: in Networking
Share
February 26, 2005 6:35:10 AM

When I attempt to run updates for my basestation, I get
the following error message:

Runtime Error! This application has requested the
Runtime to be terminate it in an unusual way.

I just recently installed Service Pack 2 for Win XP and
I'm running Symantec Antivirus. What do I do to fix this?

More about : broadband update

Anonymous
February 26, 2005 10:14:40 AM

Completely turn off (not just "exit") the Symantec AV, then retry the
install.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Dana" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I attempt to run updates for my basestation, I get
> the following error message:
>
> Runtime Error! This application has requested the
> Runtime to be terminate it in an unusual way.
>
> I just recently installed Service Pack 2 for Win XP and
> I'm running Symantec Antivirus. What do I do to fix this?

Anonymous
February 26, 2005 10:30:16 PM

This error can come up because you are using third party skinning software.

If you are, try uninstalling it and see if that helps

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

!