Sign in with
Your question

pci/pca/isa slots?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 24, 2003 1:43:36 AM

I'm trying to install a second monitor (Photoshop work) into a machine which (according to the mfs's site) has 2 ISA and 2 PCA slots. The motherboard seems to be a Micro ATX.

The graphics card (Radeon 7000) needs a PCI Universal slot. (I don't know squat about slots.)

Anyone able to help me out?

If I don't have a PCI slot in the machine is there an adapter?

Can I get a ISA video card for the second monitor, use the existing one for one monitor? (PCA slots are used up by modem and USB 2.0 cards.)

Am I totally and fatally confused?

More about : pci pca isa slots

April 24, 2003 2:03:39 AM

Take the cover off and have a long look at what is there. Then research installing pci/isa cards on the Internet... look at motherboard layouts... and if there is no pci slot, throw the computer away! If it is a 2/2 board like you say but a PCChips motherboard, still throw the computer away!

<font color=red><b>To reign is worth ambition though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heav'n.</b></font color=red>
John Milton, <i>Paradise Lost</i>, II 262-263
April 24, 2003 4:24:17 AM

yes, if it is a pc chips mobo, smash it into tiny pieces, they are worse than the devil on heroine.

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!
Related resources
April 24, 2003 3:28:32 PM

What the hell is a PCA slot? Ive never heard of those maybe they are the new graphics! Poor Crap AGP!! Seriously what is a PCA slot?

<b><font color=red>Remember kids, if you see a downed power line, suck on the end, candy comes out!</font color=red></b>
April 24, 2003 5:33:43 PM

no clue. Typo maybe

<font color=green>Everyone should be like the Dutch. They're perfect.</font color=green>
April 24, 2003 7:19:51 PM

Never seen one. Thx for the info.

<font color=green>Everyone should be like the Dutch. They're perfect.</font color=green>
!