Cohort question

My character (19th level multiclass) just picked up an erinyes cohort (long
story, she is bound to him, he is trying to 'reform' her).

I have a Leadership score of 21 (19th level + charisma 16 [+3]=21), which
grants me a cohort of 15th level.

An erinyes level adjustment is +7. Would I be correct in figuring she woudl
have 8 levels to play with? (8+7=15)

Is there anything that might boost my leadership score, or otherwise effect
it, or my cohort? I have never taken the Leadership feat before, and want to
make sure I get this right.

TIA,

Trav
3 answers Last reply
More about cohort question

    hikaru wrote:
    > My character (19th level multiclass) just picked up an erinyes cohort (long
    > story, she is bound to him, he is trying to 'reform' her).
    >
    > I have a Leadership score of 21 (19th level + charisma 16 [+3]=21), which
    > grants me a cohort of 15th level.

    19 + 3 = 22. Still a 15th level cohort, though.

    > An erinyes level adjustment is +7. Would I be correct in figuring she woudl
    > have 8 levels to play with? (8+7=15)

    No, because an Erinyes also has 9 hit dice. A monster cohort's ECL (its
    "level", for Leadership purposes) equals its Hit Dice + its LA + its
    class levels.

    In other words, even a 0-level, by-the-book Erinyes would count as a
    level 16 cohort. You couldn't get one, unless you convinced your DM to
    give you one of the Leadership bonuses (like the +2 for Great Renown).

    > Is there anything that might boost my leadership score, or otherwise effect
    > it, or my cohort? I have never taken the Leadership feat before, and want to
    > make sure I get this right.

    Well, check out the feat description:

    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#leadership

    The possible bonuses and penalties are in there. Which ones you get is
    mostly up to your DM.

    Laszlo

    chaosli...@gmail.com wrote:
    > hikaru wrote:
    > > My character (19th level multiclass) just picked up an erinyes cohort (long
    > > story, she is bound to him, he is trying to 'reform' her).
    > >
    > > I have a Leadership score of 21 (19th level + charisma 16 [+3]=21), which
    > > grants me a cohort of 15th level.
    >
    > 19 + 3 = 22. Still a 15th level cohort, though.

    I bet it's 21 because of the -1 for different alignment...

    > > An erinyes level adjustment is +7. Would I be correct in figuring she woudl
    > > have 8 levels to play with? (8+7=15)
    >
    > No, because an Erinyes also has 9 hit dice. A monster cohort's ECL (its
    > "level", for Leadership purposes) equals its Hit Dice + its LA + its
    > class levels.
    >
    > In other words, even a 0-level, by-the-book Erinyes would count as a
    > level 16 cohort. You couldn't get one, unless you convinced your DM to
    > give you one of the Leadership bonuses (like the +2 for Great Renown).

    Not too unlikely at level 19.

    > > Is there anything that might boost my leadership score, or otherwise effect
    > > it, or my cohort? I have never taken the Leadership feat before, and want to
    > > make sure I get this right.

    If the erinyes is bound to you (by the DM?) in the first place,
    what do you need the Leadership feat for?

    LL

    chaoslight@gmail.com wrote:

    > hikaru wrote:
    >
    >>My character (19th level multiclass) just picked up an erinyes cohort (long
    >>story, she is bound to him, he is trying to 'reform' her).
    >>
    >>I have a Leadership score of 21 (19th level + charisma 16 [+3]=21), which
    >>grants me a cohort of 15th level.
    >

    > 19 + 3 = 22. Still a 15th level cohort, though.
    >

    >>An erinyes level adjustment is +7. Would I be correct in figuring she woudl
    >>have 8 levels to play with? (8+7=15)
    >

    > No, because an Erinyes also has 9 hit dice. A monster cohort's ECL (its
    > "level", for Leadership purposes) equals its Hit Dice + its LA + its
    > class levels.
    >
    > In other words, even a 0-level, by-the-book Erinyes would count as a
    > level 16 cohort. You couldn't get one, unless you convinced your DM to
    > give you one of the Leadership bonuses (like the +2 for Great Renown).

    This is true. Because of this, having an Outsider for a chort usually
    bloze.

    - Ron ^*^

Games Video Games