Q: Drive?

mystery42

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
I recnetly noticed a drive listed in my computer its called Local Disk (Q:). It wasn't there befor and i can't access the drive at all according to windows its 0 bytes and has no file system... So then why is windows seeing it?

Do you have anything plugged into a usb port such as majicjack, usb stick, camera device, etc..? Devices like majicjack or even software such as alcohol 120 will load a imaged drive on your system. Drive letter Q is an odd lettering as it usually gives the next available drive letter not in use.

Did you install any new devices/software on your system prior to seeing this?...

mystery42

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
Thats just it i haven't installed anything in the last 2 months it just appeared there. I can't think of any program that would add it all i have is deamon tools and its only set to add one drive. Which is working fine. Its not listed in disk management either its a ghost drive hideing from the OS for some reason...

mystery42

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
It was Office 2010 i uninstalled it and the "Q" disappeared. I think it was Q from star trek trying to be funny lol. Uninstalled deamon tools and it was still there so I guess office 2010 is just wierd...