[LSJ] (D) action and burning of a red list ally

I control an ally. I play Red List on him. I have played a trophy as a
master phase action this turn, uncontrolled for the moment.

If I play Kiss of Lachesis (inf) on him, what happens ?

If I play Jar the Soul (sup) on him, what happens ?

If I recrut a War ghoul and burn him as a cost, what happens ?

excuse me dear Guru, but what exactly is correct ?
James Coupe's assumption or Erol's ?

what interests me the most is to understand if I can get a trophy in
burning a red list ally I own with a (D) action, that would be by fact
undirected as I would play it in my ready region.

Thanks in advance

my apologies, I didn't notice you were answering to mr Coupe.
damned goggle browser.

:D

In message <1120032446.594589.286310@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Naga
<egotha@club-internet.fr> writes:
>I control an ally. I play Red List on him. I have played a trophy as a
>master phase action this turn, uncontrolled for the moment.
>
>If I play Kiss of Lachesis (inf) on him, what happens ?

He burns. Nothing else. The action is not directed, since it targets
you or something you control.

>If I play Jar the Soul (sup) on him, what happens ?

He taps. The "burn 1 blood" is ignored, since allies ignore "burn
blood" effects, having life.

>If I recrut a War ghoul and burn him as a cost, what happens ?

He burns, and you get a War Ghoul. The action is undirected (as all
recruits are), so doesn't qualify for the Red List rules.

If a vampire burns a Red List minion in combat or as a (D)
action (including diablerie)

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

James Coupe wrote:
> In message <1120032446.594589.286310@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Naga
>>I control an ally. I play Red List on him. I have played a trophy as a
>>master phase action this turn, uncontrolled for the moment.
>>
>>If I play Kiss of Lachesis (inf) on him, what happens ?
>
> He burns. Nothing else. The action is not directed, since it targets
> you or something you control.
>
>>If I play Jar the Soul (sup) on him, what happens ?
>
> He taps. The "burn 1 blood" is ignored, since allies ignore "burn
> blood" effects, having life.
>
>>If I recrut a War ghoul and burn him as a cost, what happens ?
>
> He burns, and you get a War Ghoul. The action is undirected (as all
> recruits are), so doesn't qualify for the Red List rules.
>
> If a vampire burns a Red List minion in combat or as a (D)
> action (including diablerie)

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Lets see:

Red List: Any Methuselah may use a master phase action to mark a Red List
minion for the current turn. Any ready vampire she controls may enter combat
with a marked Red List minion as a +1 stealth (D) action that costs 1 blood.
Each vampire can take this action only once each turn. If a vampire burns a
Red List minion in combat or as a (D) action (including diablerie), his
controller may go through her library, ash heap and/or hand to get a master
trophy card to put on that vampire and then reshuffle her library or draw
back up to her hand size as necessary. Other trophies may be moved to this
vampire, as well (see section 1.6.2). This is done before the blood hunt
referendum is called, if any.

"Naga" <egotha@club-internet.fr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I control an ally. I play Red List on him. I have played a trophy as a
> master phase action this turn, uncontrolled for the moment.
>
> If I play Kiss of Lachesis (inf) on him, what happens ?
The minion who played the Kiss of Lachesis gets all available Trophy Cards
as he burned a Red List Minion.

> If I play Jar the Soul (sup) on him, what happens ?
The ally taps, thats all, because allies ignore all burn blood effects.

> If I recrut a War ghoul and burn him as a cost, what happens ?
Thats not a D Action targeting the Red List Minion, so nothing special
happens. The ally is burned, thats it.

Aaargghh, I always fall into the same trap. No D Actions againts myself.
Hmm, what about a schizophrenic...........who wrote this?

Naga wrote:
> excuse me dear Guru, but what exactly is correct ?
> James Coupe's assumption or Erol's ?
>
> what interests me the most is to understand if I can get a trophy in
> burning a red list ally I own with a (D) action, that would be by fact
> undirected as I would play it in my ready region.
>
> Thanks in advance

I am not LSJ, but... Mr. Coupe is correct.

Remember that anything that is not directed at something controlled by
another methuselah is by default undirected. A (D) action directed at
something you control becomes undirected. You can't peform a (D) action
to burn something you control (the action would become undirected) and
your minions can't get into combat with any other minion you control.

Thus nothing you do to something you control will satisfy the
requirements for getting a trophy.

Doug

>>I control an ally. I play Red List on him. I have played a
>>trophy as a master phase action this turn, uncontrolled
>>for the moment.

>>If I play Kiss of Lachesis (inf) on him, what happens ?

>The minion who played the Kiss of Lachesis gets all
>available Trophy Cards as he burned a Red List Minion.

No, because Kiss of Lachesis is not a D action if you target your own
ally. If someone else controls the Red List ally, and you play Kiss of
L. on that ally, would you get the trophies then?

Also, the minion wouldn't get ALL available Trophy cards. It's up to
each methuselah to decide whether to give him their trophies or not.
That much I know.

Cheers.

<bjornstein@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >>I control an ally. I play Red List on him. I have played a
> >>trophy as a master phase action this turn, uncontrolled
> >>for the moment.
>

> >>If I play Kiss of Lachesis (inf) on him, what happens ?
>

> >The minion who played the Kiss of Lachesis gets all
> >available Trophy Cards as he burned a Red List Minion.
>
> No, because Kiss of Lachesis is not a D action if you target your own
> ally. If someone else controls the Red List ally, and you play Kiss of
> L. on that ally, would you get the trophies then?
>
> Also, the minion wouldn't get ALL available Trophy cards. It's up to
> each methuselah to decide whether to give him their trophies or not.
> That much I know.
>
> Cheers.

A Jeopardy answer:
Who is Caiaphas Smith?

eRol a écrit :
> <bjornstein@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>>>The minion who played the Kiss of Lachesis gets all
>>>available Trophy Cards as he burned a Red List Minion.
>>
>>No, because Kiss of Lachesis is not a D action if you target your own
>>ally. If someone else controls the Red List ally, and you play Kiss of
>>L. on that ally, would you get the trophies then?
>>
>>Also, the minion wouldn't get ALL available Trophy cards. It's up to
>>each methuselah to decide whether to give him their trophies or not.
>>That much I know.
>>
>>Cheers.
>

> A Jeopardy answer:
> Who is Caiaphas Smith?

the husband of miss Milicent Smith ! :)

"eRol" <errikos.(no spam)oenguen@web(no spam).de> schreef in bericht
> Aaargghh, I always fall into the same trap. No D Actions againts myself.
> Hmm, what about a schizophrenic...........who wrote this?

well, just say that instead of a generic ally, you were thinking about
Caiaphas Smith ;)

"Jeroen Rombouts" <jeroen.rombouts@NOSPAMtelenet.be> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> "eRol" <errikos.(no spam)oenguen@web(no spam).de> schreef in bericht
> > Aaargghh, I always fall into the same trap. No D Actions againts myself.
> > Hmm, what about a schizophrenic...........who wrote this?
>
> well, just say that instead of a generic ally, you were thinking about
> Caiaphas Smith ;)

Yes I was. ;)