Black Cat's Taxi Service [DECK]

I'd like to hear others' opinions about this. It started out as
a cool but vague idea, and I ended up with a 200+ card deck,
which I then pared down to this. Personally, it's starting to
look to me like it has some intercept but not much, some combat
but not much, some political clout but not much, a bit of
everything really, but not much. Any thoughts on how it could
be improved?

Mind you, the Cab Company stays.

Deck Name: Cool Cat Taxi
Created By: S.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 20, Max: 28, Avg: 5.75)
5 Black Cat CEL pot pre 5, Brujah:1
1 Constanza Vinti CEL DOM POT 8, Brujah:2, Prince
1 Donal O'Connor CEL DOM POT 8, Brujah:2, Prince
1 Volker CEL pot 5, Brujah:2, Prince
1 Anvil dom CEL POT pre tha 6, Brujah:1, Primogen
1 Sela cel obt POT PRE 6, Brujah antitribu:2, Bishop

1 Rake aus cel pot PRE 6, Brujah:1, Prince
1 Brachah for CEL PRE 5, Brujah:2

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (15 cards)
1 Al's Army Apparatus
4 Blood Doll
2 Guardian Angel
2 Nod
1 Oxford University, England
2 Special Report
1 Storage Annex
1 Threestar Cab Company
1 Warzone Hunting Ground

Action (14 cards)
2 Atonement
1 Bum's Rush
1 Cat Burglary
1 Fee Stake: New York
4 Flurry of Action
1 Rampage
2 Rave
2 Scrounging

Action Modifier (6 cards)
2 Bribes
2 Cryptic Rider
2 Suppressing Fire

Political Action (10 cards)
1 Ancient Influence
1 Brujah Justicar
3 Domain Challenge
2 Kine Resources Contested
2 Snipe Hunt
1 Year of Fortune

Combat (30 cards)
8 Concealed Weapon
2 Dragon's Breath Rounds
6 Flash
2 Magazine
4 Preternatural Evasion
4 Projectile
4 Stunt Cycle

Ally (2 cards)
2 Arms Dealer

Equipment (13 cards)
3 .44 Magnum
4 Beretta 9mm
1 Combat Shotgun
1 Deer Rifle
1 Flak Jacket
1 Gas-Powered Chainsaw
1 Pier 13, Port of Baltimore
1 Sport Bike

You need more Wake cards.... you have only 2 Special Reports. You
should consider 5 more WWEF or Forced Awakening.
You have 39 "action" cards (action, PA, Allies and Equip)... even
having 8 Concealed Weapon i don't know if it's a good idea since you
have only 1 card to enter combat directly...
I don't see also some minion taps since you depend a lot in controlling
many Princes to let you pass easily the PAs.

..- Luis Duarte

bjornstein@yahoo.com wrote:
> I'd like to hear others' opinions about this. It started out as
> a cool but vague idea, and I ended up with a 200+ card deck,
> which I then pared down to this. Personally, it's starting to
> look to me like it has some intercept but not much, some combat
> but not much, some political clout but not much, a bit of
> everything really, but not much. Any thoughts on how it could
> be improved?
>
> Mind you, the Cab Company stays.
>

> 1 Volker CEL pot 5, Brujah:2, Prince

Definitely double up on Volker...dump an 8-cap.

> 1 Oxford University, England

Bleah. Trade this card for a dog. Then shoot the dog. :) Plain old
Bewitching Oration, even at inferior, is much better. As a master,
Rumor Mill might help you more.

> Action (14 cards)
> 1 Fee Stake: New York

Anarch. I see. Well, how about a Unlicensed Taxicab to fit your theme?

> 1 Ancient Influence

You'd probably be better off with Consanguinous Boon. Or given all your
Princes, Parity Shift.

> 2 Snipe Hunt

Weenie problems? You're probably better off with Aranthebes.

> 2 Dragon's Breath Rounds
> 2 Magazine

Dragon's Breath and Magazine don't mix well without Rotshrek and
intercept. Consider replacing with Taste of Vitae and/or Psyche!.

> 4 Preternatural Evasion
> 4 Stunt Cycle

Consider replacing with Sideslip and/or Sidestrike, which can be used
with guns rather than instead of guns.

> 3 .44 Magnum
> 4 Beretta 9mm
> 1 Combat Shotgun
> 1 Deer Rifle
> 1 Gas-Powered Chainsaw

Consider specializing in Berettas, i.e. 10 Berettas and none of the
rest.

I would make room for more reactions. Given the number of Princes in
the deck, 2nd Tradition would work well, but I guess Wakes wouldn't be
too bad.

> Bleah. Trade this card for a dog. Then shoot the dog. :)

Now that it's updated, I really don't think Oxford U. is half bad. You
can always wait until a vote is failing by only 1 or 2 votes and tap it
to push it through. Or tap it to vote against someone else's vote that
is passing by 1 or 2.

> how about a Unlicensed Taxicab?

The Unlicensed Taxicab is in. Also a Repo Man, since we're headed in
that direction.

>> 1 Ancient Influence

> You'd probably be better off with Consanguinous Boon. Or
> given all your Princes, Parity Shift.

The Ancient Influence isn't really there for pool gain (I come out
about square on it). It's meant to give weenies a bad day, and also as
bait for the Cryptic Riders. You can only play one in a game, and big
titled fatties almost always vote in favour.

> Weenie problems? You're probably better off with
> Aranthebes

I don't own an Aranthebes, and I'm unlikely to be able to get one any
time soon. Plus, really, what would Aranthebes the Immortal be doing
driving a taxi?

> Dragon's Breath and Magazine don't mix well without
> Rotshrek

I was hoping it would serve more as a sort of deterrent against
blocking my votes, and not so much as a "surprise!", but I see your
point.

>> 4 Preternatural Evasion
>> 4 Stunt Cycle

> Consider replacing with Sideslip and/or Sidestrike, which
> can be used with guns rather than instead of guns.

Ah, I do hate all the Potence going entirely to waste, but you're quite
right.

> Consider specializing in Berettas, i.e. 10 Berettas and
> none of the rest.

How about, 8 Berettas, one Magnum, and the Shotgun?

Thanks. This makes me remember "Taxi" the TV programme. God, I used to
love that.

bjornstein@yahoo.com wrote:
> I don't own an Aranthebes, and I'm unlikely to be able to get one any
> time soon. Plus, really, what would Aranthebes the Immortal be doing
> driving a taxi?

Talking loudly in a foreign language on a hands-free cellphone?

> Thanks. This makes me remember "Taxi" the TV programme. God, I used to
> love that.

With all the guns, it reminds me more of Taxi Driver. :)

On 29 Jun 2005 01:35:40 -0700, bjornstein@yahoo.com wrote:

>Mind you, the Cab Company stays.
>
>Deck Name: Cool Cat Taxi
>Created By: S.
>
>Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 20, Max: 28, Avg: 5.75)
>5 Black Cat CEL pot pre 5, Brujah:1

>Library: (90 cards)
>-------------------
>Master (15 cards)
>1 Threestar Cab Company
>
>Equipment (13 cards)
>3 .44 Magnum
>4 Beretta 9mm
>1 Combat Shotgun
>1 Deer Rifle
>1 Flak Jacket
>1 Gas-Powered Chainsaw
>1 Pier 13, Port of Baltimore
>1 Sport Bike

Heya... where's the Unlicensed Taxicab? :-D

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
Giovanni Newsletter Editor
V for Vendetta on the big screen!
http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/

Here:

[...]

Action (12 cards)
2 Atonement
1 Cat Burglary
1 Fee Stake: New York
4 Flurry of Action
2 Rave
2 Scrounging

Action Modifier (6 cards)
2 Bribes
2 Cryptic Rider
2 Suppressing Fire

Political Action (10 cards)
1 Ancient Influence
1 Brujah Justicar
3 Domain Challenge
2 Kine Resources Contested
1 National Guard Support
1 Snipe Hunt
1 Year of Fortune

Reaction (2 cards)
2 Forced Awakening

Combat (28 cards)
8 Concealed Weapon
2 Dragon's Breath Rounds
6 Flash
4 Preternatural Evasion
4 Projectile
4 Side Strike

Ally (3 cards)
1 Arms Dealer
1 Knights, The
1 Repo Man

Equipment (14 cards)
1 .44 Magnum
8 Beretta 9mm
1 Flak Jacket
1 Pier 13, Port of Baltimore
1 Sawed-Off Shotgun
1 Sport Bike
1 Unlicensed Taxicab

And maybe a Delivery Truck, if I can find one.