Request for comments - Tremere Trophy Hunters

Deck Name: Tremere Trophy Hunters
Created By: The Lasombra
go Trophy hunting. +1 stealth on all actions will go a long way to
helping this deck flow.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 28, Max: 32, Avg: 7.50)
4 Muaziz aus dom for THA 7, Tremere:2
4 Rebekka AUS pot PRE THA 8, Tremere:2
2 Anastasz di Zagreb ani AUS cel dom THA 8, Tremere:3, Justicar
2 Carna AUS DOM THA 7, Tremere:3, Primogen

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (23 cards)
1 Academic Hunting Ground
4 Blood Doll
1 Chantry
4 Fortitude
3 Parthenon, The
2 Rotschreck
2 Trophy: Discipline
4 Trophy: Domain
2 Trophy: Hunting Ground

Action (21 cards)
5 Bum`s Rush
1 Fee Stake: Corte
1 Fee Stake: Los Angeles
1 Fee Stake: New York
1 Fee Stake: Perth
6 Go Anarch
6 Red List

Action Modifier (10 cards)
10 Freak Drive

Reaction (14 cards)
8 Telepathic Misdirection
6 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Combat (22 cards)
6 Amaranth
8 Burst of Sunlight
8 Skin of Night

This deck was last saved at 12:28:18 AM on 7/1/2005

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com

Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.

I don`t understand the need to go anarch, If it`s for the votes so
rebeka can also play amaranth...well, perhaps it`s because I`m kind of
new to the game, but I think it`s a waste of cards, and requires a lot
of setup. Perhaps you could mix Tre and !Tre and add a couple of
Ladislas Toth, The Torch to your deck, AUS DOM THA for and 2 votes for
7 pool is really good for your deck IMO.

And if you decide to stick with the anarchs, perhaps playing a couple
of anarch revolts would be good...if you prey vampires go anarch you
either block ´em with your trophied Muazis or Rebekka, or just bum
rush them and eat them.

The Lasombra wrote:
> Deck Name: Tremere Trophy Hunters
> Created By: The Lasombra
> go Trophy hunting. +1 stealth on all actions will go a long way to
> helping this deck flow.
>
> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 28, Max: 32, Avg: 7.50)
> 4 Muaziz aus dom for THA 7, Tremere:2
> 4 Rebekka AUS pot PRE THA 8, Tremere:2
> 2 Anastasz di Zagreb ani AUS cel dom THA 8, Tremere:3, Justicar
> 2 Carna AUS DOM THA 7, Tremere:3, Primogen
>
> Library: (90 cards)
> -------------------
> Master (23 cards)
> 1 Academic Hunting Ground
> 4 Blood Doll
> 1 Chantry
> 4 Fortitude
> 3 Parthenon, The
> 2 Rotschreck
> 2 Trophy: Discipline
> 4 Trophy: Domain
> 2 Trophy: Hunting Ground
>
> Action (21 cards)
> 5 Bum`s Rush
> 1 Fee Stake: Corte
> 1 Fee Stake: Los Angeles
> 1 Fee Stake: New York
> 1 Fee Stake: Perth
> 6 Go Anarch
> 6 Red List
>
> Action Modifier (10 cards)
> 10 Freak Drive
>
> Reaction (14 cards)
> 8 Telepathic Misdirection
> 6 Wake with Evening`s Freshness
>
> Combat (22 cards)
> 6 Amaranth
> 8 Burst of Sunlight
> 8 Skin of Night
>
> This deck was last saved at 12:28:18 AM on 7/1/2005

IMHO, this deck is too unreliable. You need all three combat cards
(Burst of Sunlight + Skin of Night + Amaranth) to burn the opposing
minion, and Rotschreck won't help you if you are rushing the Red List
minion.
Why don't you include Marie Faucigny and Flak Jackets? You'll get two
extra votes, free Jackets and even chance to play Sibyl's Tongue.
Ladislas Toth would be very good, too, especially in a deck that can
use his Fortitude. You'll be able to get rid of the Anarch cards then.

Yours,
Ector

The Lasombra schrieb:

> Deck Name: Tremere Trophy Hunters
> Created By: The Lasombra
> go Trophy hunting. +1 stealth on all actions will go a long way to
> helping this deck flow.

How about these thoughts:

- switching to Group 1/2 crypt:
Cardano and Ulugh have Fortitude, thus not so much need for
Fortitude master and T:Discipline, might even ditch Parthenon,
that all should compensate for bigger crypt size, maybe adding
the odd weenie/midcap for 1 or 2 'bekkas
Merrill Molitor springs to mind with his neat special in regards
to Burst of Sunlight at inf tha

- switching 1 Parthenon for Rumors of Gehenna

- switching Academic HG for Arcane Library
You'll probably fill up with Amaranth-ing vampires with blood,
later you'll have T:HG

- including few equipment
Sargon Fragment/Ivory Bow/Magic of the Smith/Flak Jacket/Seal of
Veddartha
Muaziz and 'becca will do the Sargon action at stealth,
you might be able to fetch the missing peace of your combat combo,
or a Red List if in need and: permanents = always good

- switching some Freak Drive for 1 or 2 Rutor's Hand
you'll propably be able to afford Rutor's cost because of
Amaranth-refilling and it will pay off in the long run

- switching 2 or 3 Bum's Rush to Nose of the Hound
another possibility to get a multi-rush,
circumventing occasional +1 intercept to hit the right target,
drawback targetting tapped should be equal to not replacing Bums Rush

Let us know how it works in the end.
I'm curious for sure.

Cheers,
Alf

"The Lasombra" <TheLasombra@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Deck Name: Tremere Trophy Hunters
> Created By: The Lasombra
> go Trophy hunting. +1 stealth on all actions will go a long way to
> helping this deck flow.

Excellent Idea, I have been kicking this one around, but I see that you have
brought it to fruition.

> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 28, Max: 32, Avg: 7.50)
> 4 Muaziz aus dom for THA 7, Tremere:2
> 4 Rebekka AUS pot PRE THA 8, Tremere:2
> 2 Anastasz di Zagreb ani AUS cel dom THA 8, Tremere:3, Justicar
> 2 Carna AUS DOM THA 7, Tremere:3, Primogen
>
> Library: (90 cards)
> -------------------
> Master (23 cards)
> 1 Academic Hunting Ground
> 4 Blood Doll
> 1 Chantry
> 4 Fortitude
> 3 Parthenon, The
> 2 Rotschreck
> 2 Trophy: Discipline
> 4 Trophy: Domain
> 2 Trophy: Hunting Ground

I would drop 1 Parthanon and 2 Trophy: Domains. Are the Trophy Dicipline
for Fortitude? If they are then you might want to cut back the Fortitude to
like 1 or 2.

> Action (21 cards)
> 5 Bum`s Rush
> 1 Fee Stake: Corte
> 1 Fee Stake: Los Angeles
> 1 Fee Stake: New York
> 1 Fee Stake: Perth
> 6 Go Anarch
> 6 Red List

What, no Rutor's Hands!!!
I would definantly add 3 or 4

Have you thought about using Graverobbing? What about Ivory Bow? What about
Ankara Citadel? Perhaps a Magic of the Smith or two to help you get them
out.

> Action Modifier (10 cards)
> 10 Freak Drive
>
> Reaction (14 cards)
> 8 Telepathic Misdirection
> 6 Wake with Evening`s Freshness
>
> Combat (22 cards)
> 6 Amaranth
> 8 Burst of Sunlight
> 8 Skin of Night

Nice tight combat package. I might be tempted to add Telepathic Tracking if
they manage to dodge or S:CE.
--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

On 30 Jun 2005 22:48:29 -0700, "Ector" <Ector@mail.ru> wrote:

>Why don't you include Marie Faucigny and Flak Jackets? You'll get two
>extra votes, free Jackets and even chance to play Sibyl's Tongue.
>Ladislas Toth would be very good, too

Neither of these minions has +1 stealth on their actions.

The hope is to actually be able to reach the minions with the Red List
action card, and then to successfully enter combat with them once
there.

The Rotschreck cards are there for Carna who will be untapped playing
defense. If she gets a Fortitude skill card, she can play the Skin of
Night instead.

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com

Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.

On 30 Jun 2005 22:48:29 -0700, "Ector" <Ector@mail.ru> wrote:

>IMHO, this deck is too unreliable.

Probably. That's why I'm asking for constructive comments.

>You need all three combat cards
>(Burst of Sunlight + Skin of Night + Amaranth) to burn the opposing
>minion,

No, I don't.

If my predators last action is blocked, I can simply use the Burst of
Sunlight to send both vampires to torpor, rescue mine with the
Chantry, and then have Muaziz take a stroll.

>and Rotschreck won't help you if you are rushing the Red List
>minion.

Rotschreck is there for Carna who will be playing defense without the
Fortitude discipline card, until it arrives.

In message <1120193512.299469.186150@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Patrick Chaos <patochaos@gmail.com> writes:
>I don`t understand the need to go anarch, If it`s for the votes so
>rebeka can also play amaranth...well, perhaps it`s because I`m kind of
>new to the game, but I think it`s a waste of cards, and requires a lot
>of setup.

Red List requires a titled vampire. Neither Rebekka nor Muaziz are
titled.

Also, in the case of diablerie, it allows you to (possibly) survive the
blood hunt, using the anarch votes.

A minor fringe benefit is that it would allow you to defend against an
Anarch Revolt deck more easily. A minor nasty is Protect Thine Own,
however.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

The Lasombra wrote:
> Deck Name: Tremere Trophy Hunters
> Created By: The Lasombra
> go Trophy hunting. +1 stealth on all actions will go a long way to
> helping this deck flow.
>
> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 28, Max: 32, Avg: 7.50)
> 4 Muaziz aus dom for THA 7, Tremere:2
> 4 Rebekka AUS pot PRE THA 8, Tremere:2
> 2 Anastasz di Zagreb ani AUS cel dom THA 8, Tremere:3, Justicar
> 2 Carna AUS DOM THA 7, Tremere:3, Primogen
>
> Library: (90 cards)
> -------------------
> Master (23 cards)
> 1 Academic Hunting Ground
> 4 Blood Doll
> 1 Chantry
> 4 Fortitude
> 3 Parthenon, The

Which masters do you *have* to play as a master phase action? It would
be nice to play the trophies so you can get more than one for your
troubles, but is not necessary. You might get lucky and diablerize an
older vampire and get a Fortitude skill card that way. I would cut the
3 Parthenon. 1 MPA is probably enough. You could include 1 Rumors of
Gehenna if you think that second MPA is that valuable.

> 2 Rotschreck
> 2 Trophy: Discipline

These are nice to fill in the wholes in your discipline spread, but I
don't think they are necessary and you would rather use your trophy
search for something better. I would cut both.

> 4 Trophy: Domain
> 2 Trophy: Hunting Ground

add 1 Trophy: Diablerie in case your starting crypt doesn't have
Muaziz. Also, the table might not expect you to diablerize with a big
vamp when it looks like you'll get torched in the blood hunt. That's
when you search for Trophy: Diablerie.

> Action (21 cards)
> 5 Bum`s Rush

These should be Big Game. I am guessing that you plan to use the rush
red list special quiet a bit with only 5 rushes in the deck. Oh yeah,
and you can block too to get into combat.

> 1 Fee Stake: Corte
> 1 Fee Stake: Los Angeles
> 1 Fee Stake: New York
> 1 Fee Stake: Perth
> 6 Go Anarch
> 6 Red List

add at least 2 Rutor's Hand, 3 if you can find room.

> Action Modifier (10 cards)
> 10 Freak Drive
>
> Reaction (14 cards)
> 8 Telepathic Misdirection
> 6 Wake with Evening`s Freshness
>
> Combat (22 cards)
> 6 Amaranth
> 8 Burst of Sunlight
> 8 Skin of Night
>
> This deck was last saved at 12:28:18 AM on 7/1/2005

Lets see, I cut 5 cards added at least 3 (Trophy: Diablerie, 2-3
Rutors, maybe Rumors of Gehenna), so I would also add Powerbase: LA.
You don't have too many extra anarch cards to go away, but the extra
discard is still nice even when you don't get an untap. Also, with the
decent number of votes you have floating around 1 Firebrand would be a
good addition too.

Let us know how it works for you.

Later,
~Rehlow

The Lasombra wrote:
> On 30 Jvn 2005 22:48:29 -0700, "Ector" <Ector@mail.rv> wrote:
>
> >IMHO, this deck is too vnreliable.
>
> Probably. That's why I'm asking for constrvctive comments.

Well, I'm trying to say something vsefvl :) Don't yov think that 8
Bvrsts of Svnlight is too little for a combat modvle of a Trophy Hvnter
deck? And if yov don't have Bvrst, yov aren't dangerovs at all (OK,
Zagreb can steal 1 blood, bvt this isn't too dangerovs...) Wovld yov
dare to block withovt the Bvrst?
What abovt permanent combat cards, like Ivory Bow? Yov can fetch it
with Vast Wealth or Magic of the Smith.

> >Yov need all three combat cards
> >(Bvrst of Svnlight + Skin of Night + Amaranth) to bvrn the opposing
> >minion,
>
> No, I don't.
>
> If my predators last action is blocked, I can simply vse the Bvrst of
> Svnlight to send both vampires to torpor, rescve mine with the
> Chantry, and then have Mvaziz take a stroll.

Bvt yov shovld prefer bvrning mvnions of yovr prey, right?

> >and Rotschreck won't help yov if yov are rvshing the Red List
> >minion.
>
> Rotschreck is there for Carna who will be playing defense withovt the
> Fortitvde discipline card, vntil it arrives.

I see. Bvt, again, yov need more sovrces of aggravated damage. Carna +
Ivory Bow can really get yov some time.

BTW, did yov think abovt the threat of Carlton Van Vyk? He is going to
be rather popvlar, and he may bvrn yovr vampire after the vampire gets
a Trophy.

Yovrs,
Ector

Going anarch to go Baron to go Red List to go Amaranth is a largely
untenable combo. It can be tuned as much as possible, but it's just a
string of cards that won't be all that competitive. The Barons are
useless unless you have already gone anarch. The Red Lists are useless
without the Barons and are also not very useful if an old vampire is
ruining your day. Starting off with titled vampires, such as Cardano is
much more efficient. Yea, I get it, he doesn't get to stealth his Red
List, but he can call a vote to Trump up charges on any target as a
stealth action and it tends to pass most of the time. Also, if you make
the combat package scary enough, most people won't block you.

Preston wrote:
> Going anarch to go Baron to go Red List to go Amaranth is a largely
> untenable combo. It can be tuned as much as possible, but it's just a

The Lasombra is a very good player and has made many fine decks in the
past. I would even bet most of his half-baked ideas (and this deck is
better than that) turn out to be better decks than what a lot of
players build. I don't think this combo is unplayable.

> string of cards that won't be all that competitive. The Barons are
> useless unless you have already gone anarch. The Red Lists are useless

Even if you haven't drawn a Go Anarch card you can take the cardless
action and then Freak Drive. That gives you 16 cards in the deck to
become anarch and be untapped. The large blood cost is neglible,
because you plan to Amaranth a vampire with lots of blood.

> without the Barons and are also not very useful if an old vampire is

If you transfer out Zegreb first, your Red Lists will never be
worthless.

> ruining your day. Starting off with titled vampires, such as Cardano is
> much more efficient. Yea, I get it, he doesn't get to stealth his Red

If you don't have the +1 stealth, you will probably never successfully
play Red List on anyone who has more than one vampire in play. Actual
stealth is hard for the Tremere to come by, Muaziz and Rebecca make up
for that nicely.

> List, but he can call a vote to Trump up charges on any target as a
> stealth action and it tends to pass most of the time. Also, if you make
> the combat package scary enough, most people won't block you.

I doubt Cardano's 2 votes and the 1 from Trumped Up charges and
possibly 1 more from the Edge are going to pass many votes, maybe
sometimes if you are lucky.

I think this combo is playable enough that I will try it out and then
I'll report back on its success (or failure).

Later,
~Rehlow

Rehlow,

Among my play decks, on is an Anarch deck and one is a Red List Trophy
deck. I know a bit about the concepts. The combo is not unplayable, but
it is uncompetitive. Trumped up charges is really not all that hard to
pass unless the target happens to have a lot of votes himself- most
other players are more than happy to see someone else's vamp Red
Listed. And, even if you transfer out Zagreb, if your predator bring up
Erika, there is no way she is going to get Red Listed in this deck -
period.
Furthermore, if Trumped-Up charges were really that hard to pull off in
any given game, what are the odds your minions will get to keep their
Baron titles?

This deck concept is just not going to be competitive. It's best form
would be to simplify it to a deck of titled-large vamps (Etrius comes
to mind) that can Red List/Trumped-Up Charges right out of the box.
Then the order in which you draw the cards becomes much less important.
If you draw combat cards, then you can rush/bleed and combat. If you
draw Red List cards then you can Red List. The order of the cards is
not particularly important. Compare that to Lasombra's submitted deck
which has two separate groups of cards - Red List and Fee Stakes- which
are dependent on first getting other cards. And, even if the combo
works perfectly, it still can't Red List a minion of capacity 9 or
more.

In the case of this deck, Absolution of the Diabolist would be inferior
to just adding one Trophy: Diablerie.

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 09:30:48 +0100, James Coupe <james@zephyr.org.uk> wrote:

> A minor nasty is Protect Thine Own, however.

Probably metagame-dependent; I certainly wouldn't call it minor.

--
Bye,

Daneel

James,

It's going to depend on how the crypt ends up. If it still has a lot of
Mua Aziz then one Trophy: Diablerie should be fine. Aziz can Amaranth
regardless, and the Trophy will allow the other minions to kill red
list minions with impunity. It's only when non-Aziz minions are
Diablerizing non-Red List minions that you need to have a Absolution of
the Diablerist in play (combined with a Justicar).

Let's compare this to something concrete:
3 Ulegh Beg
3 Cardano
3 Jing Wei
3 Mustafa Rahman

Masters 18
2 Arcane Library
3 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Information Highway
3 Zillah's Valley
3 Blood Dolls
Trophy: Domain
Trophy: Hunting Ground
Trophy: Diablerie
Guardian Angel
Chantry
Absolution of the Diabolist

3 Red Lists
3 Trumped-Up Charges
8 Deflections

Combat Package of 30 Cards (you pick)

Utility Pacage of 28 Cards
Freak Drives
Bleed Modifiers
Wakes
Intercept

This deck is much more direct, faster, and loss combo dependent.

Lasombra:

Yea, that's what I was saying. Mua Aziz means never having to say
you're sorry- for diablierie anyway.

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:15:41 +1000, salem
<salem_christ.geo@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 30 Jun 2005 21:51:52 -0700, "Patrick Chaos" <patochaos@gmail.com>
>scrawled:
>
>>I don`t understand the need to go anarch,
>
>Barons. Thus meeting a requirement of playing Red List.
>
>salem
>http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
>(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

I'd probably go with Tremere Justicar + Bewitching (Rebekah has PRE,
and negotiation for voting power should get the rest), and some
Absolution of the Diabolist (That'd be enough Justicars to make the
quantity of title irrelevant for Blood Hunts).

Morgan Vening

The Lasombra wrote:
> On 1 Jul 2005 13:14:13 -0700, "Preston" <prestonpoulter@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >most other players are more than happy to see someone else's vamp Red
> >Listed.
>
> That is definitely a mistake on their part.
> If they didn't put Trophy's in their own deck, they cannot make much
> advantage out of a Red List minion appearing on the table, and it will
> only benefit you.
>
> I would never expect to see Trumped Up Charges pass unless I had vote
> lock. If I have vote lock, I have better actions to take than enter
> combat.

Let's put it this way. Your predator is sneaking and bleeding you into
oblivion. Your grand predator calls a vote to red list one of your
predators minions. How do you vote?

Ector wrote:

> Bvt yov shovld prefer bvrning mvnions of yovr prey, right?

a very common misconception!

> Yovrs,
> Ector

yovrs,

stefan

In message <a5v9c15sgvkte3p0uc3ejbnuqfe07vmvg0@4ax.com>, Morgan Vening
<morgan@optusnet.com.au> writes:
>I'd probably go with Tremere Justicar + Bewitching (Rebekah has PRE,
>and negotiation for voting power should get the rest), and some
>Absolution of the Diabolist (That'd be enough Justicars to make the
>quantity of title irrelevant for Blood Hunts).

Absolution of the Diabolist uses master phase actions (which are wanted
for Red List). If you can achieve the same thing with minion phase
resources, that's potentially a better deal for the deck.

--

On 1 Jul 2005 14:25:12 -0700, "Preston" <prestonpoulter@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>It's only when non-Muaziz minions are
>Diablerizing non-Red List minions that you need to have a Absolution of
>the Diablerist in play (combined with a Justicar).

Absolution of the Diablerist does not go in play.
It sits in your hand until a blood hunt vote is going to burn your
vampire, or it never reaches your hand. There is no reason for
Tremere to play with Absolution of the Diablerist when they have
access to Muaziz.