event report Warning Sirens: Columbus

Warning Sirens Columbus
6/29/2005
The Guardtower Game store
Columbus, Ohio USA
36 players
2r+f

Final Standings

Final Rank Name Prelim GWs Prelim VPs Final VPs TPs
1 Brad Cashdollar 2 7 3 120
2 Nick Smith 1 5 2 114
3 Kevin Mergen 2 7 0 120
4 Karl Schaefer 1 6 0 108
5 Eric Chiang 1 5 0 108
6 Cory Atwill 1 5 96
7 Randy Charles 1 4 108
7 Evan Lloyd 1 4 108
9 David Buerger 1 4 84
10 Brian Hess 1 3 108
11 Will Kristoff 1 3 88
12 Bob Joseph 0 3 96
13 Mark Loughman 0 1 72
13 Todd Holland 0 1 72
15 Kurt Kopp 0 1 66
15 Brandon Wiczen 0 1 66
15 David Pennigton II 0 1 66
18 Jay Kristoff 0 1 54
18 David McCarty 0 1 54
20 Megan Bailey 0 0 60
20 Oscar Garza 0 0 60
22 Ben Peal 0 0 54
22 Peter Oh 0 0 54
22 Peter Thumberg 0 0 54
22 Jeff Haar 0 0 54
26 Adrienne Cornelius 0 0 52
27 Alex James 0 0 48
27 Nate Williams 0 0 48
29 Christian Herro 0 0 46
30 Matt Piatek 0 0 42
30 Matt Morgan 0 0 42
30 Justin Reilly 0 0 42
30 Zach Couch 0 0 42
34 David Barasch 0 0 36
35 Josh Duffin 0 0 30
DQ Corwin Brindley 2 9 120
Corwin Brindley chose to leave after round 2.

Brad Cashdollar's Winning Deck:

"Cindy's Angry Dragon"

Constanza x2
Donal Ocoonor x2
Volker x2
Don Cruez x2
Theo Bell x2
Theo Bell(Adv) x2

Masters(16)
Blood Doll x5
Elder Library x1
Warzone Hunting Ground x1
Tension in the Ranks x1
Haven Uncovered x2
Fame x2
Carver's Meat Packing and Storage x1
Sudden Reversal x1
Direct Intervention x1
Dreams of the Sphinx x1

Action(3)
Bum's Rush x2
Aranthebes the Immortal x1

Action Modifiers(4)
Conditioning x4

Equipment(2)
Leather Jacket x2

Reaction(17)
2nd Tradition x6
Deflection x7
Wake with Evening's Freshness x4

Combat(47)
Torn Signpost x8
Immortal Grapple x9
Flash x7
Blur x8
Disarm x2
Taste of Vitae x4
Pulled Fangs x3
Sideslip x6

Event(1)
Dragonbound x1
------------------------------------
Many thanks to everyone who participated and made
this event a big success.

Jay Kristoff, V:EKN Prince of Columbus, Ohio USA

salem wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:01:06 GMT, "Jay Kristoff" <jck@columbus.rr.com>
> scrawled:
>
> >Warning Sirens Columbus
> >6/29/2005
> >The Guardtower Game store
> >Columbus, Ohio USA
> >36 players
> >2r+f
>
> go Josh Duffin! woo!

Thank you, thank you. I won the coveted "Meal Ready To Eat,
Vegetarian" prize from Dave McCarty for my last-place finish. Truly,
an accomplishment beyond words.

Let all who read learn from my mistakes: Truth of a Thousand Lies does
NOT make you win. :)

Josh

also, being ousted first doesn't help your chances

<jtduffin@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> salem wrote:
>> On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:01:06 GMT, "Jay Kristoff" <jck@columbus.rr.com>
>> scrawled:
>>
>> >Warning Sirens Columbus
>> >6/29/2005
>> >The Guardtower Game store
>> >Columbus, Ohio USA
>> >36 players
>> >2r+f
>>
>> go Josh Duffin! woo!
>
> Thank you, thank you. I won the coveted "Meal Ready To Eat,
> Vegetarian" prize from Dave McCarty for my last-place finish. Truly,
> an accomplishment beyond words.

....and beyond edible, as well. Please, post the deck! Your winning
decks are very creative, Josh. I can barely imagine what you must have
played to do so poorly.

> Let all who read learn from my mistakes: Truth of a Thousand Lies does
> NOT make you win. :)

Yea, Freak Drive it's not. Did you try playing 56 of them? ;-)

Fred

jtduffin@yahoo.com wrote:
> Thank you, thank you. I won the coveted "Meal Ready To Eat,
> Vegetarian" prize from Dave McCarty for my last-place finish. Truly,
> an accomplishment beyond words.

It did, in fact, occupy a place of honor in the hotel room throughout
the weekend.

> Let all who read learn from my mistakes: Truth of a Thousand Lies does
> NOT make you win. :)

Whoa. I forgot that was the tournament where both you and I were
playing Truth of a Thousand Lies. I swear that card can work.

> also, being ousted first doesn't help your chances

Now *that's* crazytalk.

Xian
Neferu calls the vote of "Josh loses a pool"

Frederick Scott wrote:
> <jtduffin@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > salem wrote:

> >> go Josh Duffin! woo!
> >
> > Thank you, thank you. I won the coveted "Meal Ready To Eat,
> > Vegetarian" prize from Dave McCarty for my last-place finish. Truly,
> > an accomplishment beyond words.
>
> ...and beyond edible, as well.

So I've heard. I haven't dared open it, it's more of a display piece I
think. :)

> Please, post the deck! Your winning decks are very creative, Josh.
> I can barely imagine what you must have played to do so poorly.

Heh! Well, thank you, but I don't think this deck was especially
creative... just especially bad. (It still looks reasonable to me on
paper, so I'm not sure exactly what's really wrong with it, besides not
having Dominate...)

Here it is as it was played that night - I meant to switch two of the
Obf masters for Ser masters but couldn't find them in time. I think I
was also going to fill it to 90 cards with a Giant's Blood and 2x
Perfectionist, but either couldn't find them or couldn't justify going
to 30 masters (even though 8 of them are supposed to be
Waters-able/discardable). So I'm pretty sure I played it at 87.

"Let A Thousand Lies Bloom"

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 12, Max: 23, Avg: 4.58)
1 Lalitha ser 2 Followers of Set
1 Khalil Anvari pre ser 3 Followers of Set
1 Celine Chevalier obf ser 3 Followers of Set
1 Nepata obf pre ser 4 Followers of Set
1 Sir Marriot D`Urban aus obf ser PRE 5 Followers of Set
2 Dedefra nec obf SER 5 Followers of Set
2 Count Ormonde dom pre ser OBF 5 Followers of Set
1 Ezekiel obf pot PRE SER 6 Followers of Set
1 Samat Ramal-Ra pre ser tha OBF 6 Followers of Set
1 Hesha Ruhadze ani obf pre SER 6 Followers of Set

Library: (87 cards)
-------------------
Master (27 cards)
5 Blood Doll
2 Opium Den
2 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
1 Temple Hunting Ground
3 Archon Investigation
5 Path of Typhon, The
4 Serpentis
4 Obfuscate
1 Retribution

Action (16 cards)
7 Temptation
1 Form of Corruption
7 Waters of Duat
1 Lure of the Serpent

Action Modifier (29 cards)
9 Truth of a Thousand Lies
3 Form of the Serpent
6 Cloak the Gathering
3 Faceless Night
2 Elder Impersonation
3 Lost in Crowds
3 Spying Mission

Reaction (2 cards)
2 Delaying Tactics

Combat (11 cards)
2 Majesty
2 Skin of the Adder
7 Tongue of the Serpent

Combo (2 cards)
2 Swallowed by the Night

Josh

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:01:06 GMT, "Jay Kristoff" <jck@columbus.rr.com>
scrawled:

>Warning Sirens Columbus
>6/29/2005
>The Guardtower Game store
>Columbus, Ohio USA
>36 players
>2r+f

go Josh Duffin! woo!

salem
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

TRENDING THREADS